N-Europe

Help me validate windows

mariosmentor

Okay in the begining i had a pc that was royally fucked after taking it to a rogue trader overnight he wiped everything on my hard drive and re installed windows, i didn't bother much which i should have about installing my own copy and now 250 gigs of data later( that i can't be bothered losing or transfering) i'm being told my copy of windows is not genuine is there anyway I can use my original cd key or something or an option to install my old windows xp without erasing anything?

Tired of having to pay for mediocre producs?

Wish you to could use a computer without havingto pay £50 actully do anything?

Like Penguines?

Well if you answered yes to at least one of these questions you could probably benifit from using linux. Its like windows, but free. Did i mention it was free?

More information: http://www.ubuntu.com/

If you'd rather pay for windows then id sugest just getting windows xp. or if you not really ussedabout games, using that old leit copy of windows 95 that everyone has lying around.

However you do have a legit copy, so cant you use your legit product key to activate/verify the new one? If not id probably recommend transfereing your data to another computer (just get a crossover network cable).

Guest Jordan

Right, sorry guys. Seems like it wasn't. Its too late to restore your posts, but it seems like this is all sorted.