N-Europe

Your idea for using the controller.

DiemetriX

Been thinking about this today, and came up with some quite intresting uses:

Wave Race: Hold hte controller sideways, like the handlebars of a jet ski. You could tilt left and right for steering, pull back and forwards to tilt the craft etc. Could get some very realistic controlls for this.

Pilotwings: Similar, but with the hand glider.

Zelda: Along with the regular slashing you could perform blocking moves, by holding the controller (sword) in a certain position. Thowing the boomerang could be simulated with the controller...endless posibilities.

Mario: Still don't see how this would work. The vid showing the Japanese Lady making Mario jump by shaking the controller loked a bit wiered.

Infact, almost anything that involves the interaction with a machine and/or object can be simulated in a far more realistic manner than on any conventional controller.

With a camera (that part is very eyetoy like) that detects people/movement in a room 2 people stood parallel to the camera facing each other and the controllers would work as virtual swords. You could fight your opponent (=mate) and have to imagine the blade (since you only have the controller in your hands and don't know how long exactly the blade would be) or there is a blade add on. On screen your game would be displayed with blood and cool effects and a health bar and could also feature a replay function.

Im sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I think it will really suit a painting or air brush type of game (or mini gmae) giving you precise control and a fresh new feel to it.

Imagine yourself personalising your own F Zero machine or Need for Speed car using the new contoller!!

A graffiti game would be super sweet.

I agree!

I said in my post that it would be great for games such as Jet Set Radio or Tony Hawks; you could enter first person mode, hold up the can, hold down 'A' to spray and move the controller around to create your picture/tag!

I read someone elses idea somewhere of using the controller as a torch for games such as Doom, Resi etc..

I think this is a great idea; again, press 'A' to click your torch on and off and then move it around with the controller.

I love these kind of ideas where the controller itself actually becomes an in game object in a way; spray can, torch, fishing rod etc...

it's a whole new way to immerse yourself in the game (makes you much more a part of it somehow!).