N-Europe

Would you have a nerdy tatoo?

Dan_Dare

here's the pics of my Triforce tattoo (on the shoulder is a dragon on a celtic medalion, its hard to see you need to see it for real, i prolly should have had it done a bit bigger)

leftarm.jpg

Here's the Master Sword and Ganondorf Sword tattoo, again looks better when you see it for real(on shoulder Rep of Ireland flag and Philippine flag)

rightarm.jpg

And although not game related heres my back tattoo which i designed myself of a Phoenix rising from the flames.

backphoenix.jpg

Each of my tattoos have a meaning for me (and i think its best to get a tattoo ONLY if it means something). The meaning of the triforce one comes from my own interpretation of the triforce and phoenix symbol (which is on the Hylian Shield) i see it as a symbol of protection. The phoenix i see is a symbol for Link (the protector) and of course the triforce represents both the power and people that must be protected.

The swords to me is a symbol of "Balance", kinda like the "ying-yang" symbol but i wanted something different. The way i interperate the relationship of Link and Ganondorf and the zelda story its the perfect relationship of a balance of good and evil. IE: Link can't kill Ganondorf only seal him in another realm, but when Link dies Ganondorf is released and evil takes over and in order for balance to be restored a new Link is born to seal him again.

Then the Phoenix on my back is a symbol for second chances and to remind me no matter how bad things might get to never give up and keep moving forward, IE: in the legend of the Phoenix when it dies it is reborn from its own ashes, i mean things can't get worse than death but the phoenix finds a way back.

The dragon, well although its a western style dragon i like how in eastern cultrues the dragon is a symbol of honor.

The flags should be obvious, i'm irish born and raised but from my mother i also have roots in the philippines

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinkin about getting a tattoo all right, but dunno would I get a "nerdy" one now.

Maybe a 'tallica star

4712e.jpg

Or some kind of Celtic cross

celtic-cross-3740g.jpg

Dunno really. Actually, I've always facied having a flaming cross on my shoulder for some reason.

If I were to get a tattoo, I'd have no problem getting a game related one!

- Master Sword with the Triforce behind it

- The Ancient's Runes from Eternal Darkness

- The Metroid symbol (you know the one, the circle with the "lightning bolt" through it)

These for me would be the pick of the bunch

Wow, very cool, are you gonna get the rest of your arm done?

Thinking of it just can't come up with a design yet, i'd like to get my chest done also and something more on my back but again no solid ideas. I have this one idea for a celtic cross in the middle of my chest with a chain on it around my neck like a necklace but i'm looking for some sort of new orginal cross design.

I'm also thinking of something related to Tales of Symphonia since that game deal with so many issues a tattoo based on it could have so many meanings, also something from Fullmetal Alchemist for similar reasons

Dude those are sweet tattoos. How much that Phoenix tat on your back cost?

200euro, was gonna be 300euro but he gave me a discount for designing it myself:D

The back was the last one i got, about 2 year 3 months ago, i still remember the date of my 1st (triforce) May 1st 2003

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!