NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Goldie Lookin Chain

It sometimes annoys me when people completely miss the point of this group.

If you listen to their songs, it's blatantly obviously that they're taking the piss.

For example, the song "taxi" is about Dragon Taxis, which is a cab firm in Newport.

"Well, I'm fucked, it's half-two... I gotta get 'ome... How're we gonna get outta here man, what you gonna do?

Let's call a taxi....

You know I've had some of the best times in a taxi cab, I've had some good times in Star, I had some good times in Town Taxis.. but most of all, I had to the best times in Dragon cars. Short and tall, you knows it..."

What are your opinions on this band?

The only decent thing to come out of Newport.

Im taking the piss Flinky and Beermonkey :P

Saw them at leeds fest, love 'em

Fuck Your Sister at Leeds was awesome, even the back of the crowd were laughing

I saw them when they supported Feeder, and they really know how to get the audience pumped. Bluddy amazing on-stage prescence.

they crack me up :grin: every time i here one of there songs they just make me laugh! brilliant band

Saw them at leeds fest, love 'em

Fuck Your Sister at Leeds was awesome, even the back of the crowd were laughing

Yeah i was there aswell, GLC were the first band i saw that day after a heavy night of drinking! they kinda kick started my day :)

Not really my cuppa tea but they are funny.

I saw them supporting Feeder at the ill fated Brighton gig, they were the best thing about it.

I saw them supporting Feeder at the ill fated Brighton gig, they were the best thing about it.

Awww, ill-fated? :( I loved the gig. To be honest, it would take a lot for them to disappoint me. Big Feeder fan + Welsh + great setlist. :)

I've only heard 'Guns Don't Kill People' which is pretty catchy, and funny too.

Yeah, I think they're funny...

I think I once saw someone on this forum who sort of missed the point; he thought they were chavs, and then when someone else tried to explain, he said "well if they act like chavs, then they basically are chavs".

Awww, ill-fated? :( I loved the gig. To be honest, it would take a lot for them to disappoint me. Big Feeder fan + Welsh + great setlist. :)

I'm assuming you know what happened? I call that ill fated!

I'm a big fan, I'd driven about 115 miles to see them, and paid to stay in a travel lodge overnight, so i was a little peed off! i don't blame the band though obviously, just in general.

I'm assuming you know what happened? I call that ill fated!

Sorry, you've lost me. What do you mean?

Grant lost his voice after 4 songs and we all had to go home.

o_O When was that?

Brighton on the 2nd December 05. 4th time seeing them too, maybe i was getting greedy..

Got some random people from the croud to sing a couple of the classics, but that was pretty horrendous :D

Ahhh, we were on about 2 gigs. :) Initially, i thought we were on about the gig in March/April, which is where i got confused. Then, you said he left after 4 songs, which made me think "ahhhh". :)

The March/April gig was the re-run of the one i was at. I decided not to take the free tickets for petrol/accomodation money reasons.

The March/April gig was the re-run of the one i was at. I decided not to take the free tickets for petrol/accomodation money reasons.

Aww, it was unlucky that you didn't go. I enjoyed the gig. It was my first time seeing them, so maybe i enjoyed it just that little bit more?

Sign in to follow this