NEurope
Nintenchris

Freshly-Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland

I found all the Machine parts really quickly. I just followed the trail on the map that the Butler/old Gent had laid out for me. There are 3 in the Snowy region, 1 in the Swamp, and 1 in the other area.

I found all the Machine parts really quickly. I just followed the trail on the map that the Butler/old Gent had laid out for me. There are 3 in the Snowy region, 1 in the Swamp, and 1 in the other area.

Yup GB is right as I have just found them myself. I have also found that last map spot I was looking for. I kept circling the bump in the water but I didnt press it first so it wouldnt show up. Just reached the 3rd Continent now :)

You've shot ahead of me now! I'm just trying to get to the third continent, but can't afford it!

EDIT: Just reached the third continent. Time for bed now!

You've shot ahead of me now! I'm just trying to get to the third continent, but can't afford it!

EDIT: Just reached the third continent. Time for bed now!

That makes two of us. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing on my Gooey Swamp map?

I've circled

Dice Swamp

x2 Coloured Flowers

Anchor

Muddy Head

Mushroom Ring

and I've only got 63% what am I missing? I did try and circle the explorer camp but it doesn't work :(

The giant ant things. And you can get the explorers camp I think but you just have to keep trying. The giant ants x3 you have to do from outside the dungeon.

Scratch what I said about the camp

The giant ant things. And you can get the explorers camp I think but you just have to keep trying. The giant ants x3 you have to do from outside the dungeon.

Scratch what I said about the camp

How do you map the Ant's heads? I've returned to the Dungeon and climbed out via the ladder and it's not letting me use the Map.

Sorted

Ah you have to be on the main map, not outside the dungeon. How annoying.

how do you get the recipe for simple juice? I know how to make it having fiddled around with ingredients after the woman said it used oranges and tomatoes... but then she just asks for more money each time I talk to her.

how do you get the recipe for simple juice? I know how to make it having fiddled around with ingredients after the woman said it used oranges and tomatoes... but then she just asks for more money each time I talk to her.

If you don't pay enough money you don't get the whole recipe. I paid around 700 Rupees to get the full recipe from Bella.

Just fought the boss on the Pirate Ship and it was so annoying.

[spoiler=]Trying to line up 5 bombs took me ages, I was getting very frustrated.

Just fought the boss on the Pirate Ship and it was so annoying.

[spoiler=]Trying to line up 5 bombs took me ages, I was getting very frustrated.

Yeah I struggled a bit as well.

[spoiler=]One of the big problems was the fact by Bodyguard kept getting in the way and pushing the barrels around, and also the captain was fast and kept pushing my barrels out the way.

[spoiler=]One of the big problems was the fact by Bodyguard kept getting in the way and pushing the barrels around, and also the captain was fast and kept pushing my barrels out the way.

Yeah thats exactly what was happening to me, he was doing my head in.

blimey not worth it!
Actually it is. :wink:

Well if you want to see the extra ending that is, (and trust me, you do.) as you have to collect all of the recipes for one of the Rupee Goods.

I did that part without a bodyguard! He died just before and I couldn't be bothered to extend the contract (wanted to change to a different one anyway) so I went on without him. Think it probably helped though as there was no one to get in the way! :heh:

Was still bloody tricky mind you, a lot of luck involved in that particular battle.

Im glad to see I wasnt the only one who struggled with it :)

Can anyone tell me where to find the map on Mount Desma?

[spoiler=]I have blown the entrance up with the Pirate Ship but i just cant find the map guy.

EDIT: No need, G-Faqs has came though for me.

Im glad to see I wasnt the only one who struggled with it :)

Can anyone tell me where to find the map on Mount Desma?

[spoiler=]I have blown the entrance up with the Pirate Ship but i just cant find the map guy.

Took me ages to find the map guy in that area, he's pretty well hidden...

...he's in the bodyguard salon, one of the hooded guys at the bar.

Took me ages to find the map guy in that area, he's pretty well hidden...

...he's in the bodyguard salon, one of the hooded guys at the bar.

Guess I was editing my post as you were replying. Thanks anyway Redshell :)

Guess I was editing my post as you were replying. Thanks anyway Redshell :)
No problem. :smile:

Sounds like you're really getting into the game now which is cool.

I've still not finished SPM! Getting there though, slowly. :heh:

No problem. :smile:

Sounds like you're really getting into the game now which is cool.

I've still not finished SPM! Getting there though, slowly. :heh:

Yeah I am, its really great. I spent most of yesterday on it and I have been playing it on and off all morning. You just have to get past the early stages of the game as its hard to make cash, once you start getting to other islands though the game really takes off and becomes more forgiving.

I quit playing this. After getting to the second island on the second continent I had enough. I had been farming for rupees for two hours and had only 1000 left after throwing most of it in the pool. There are at least four people on the island I have to pay plus the recipe for the once again sick reporter. There is no way I will waste time on farming for rupees again. The game would have been more fun if the huge rewards appeared more often, and not every second island. It kills all the fun when I'm forced to cook food 99% of the game to have enough rupees. The rewards are too few and the expences too many.

Unfortunatly, I'm having more fun with Super Mario's Picross right now. I really want to play the Tingle game, the graphics, humour and exploration elements are great, but I'm tired of all the farming.

you've got a damn sight more rupees than me! I've just finished pirates hideaway and after chucking what seemed like all the money world into the pool I'm left with just 22! do things become less of grind eventually? I'm constantly having to take large chucks of time out to make money!

you've got a damn sight more rupees than me! I've just finished pirates hideaway and after chucking what seemed like all the money world into the pool I'm left with just 22! do things become less of grind eventually? I'm constantly having to take large chucks of time out to make money!

I quit playing this. After getting to the second island on the second continent I had enough. I had been farming for rupees for two hours and had only 1000 left after throwing most of it in the pool. There are at least four people on the island I have to pay plus the recipe for the once again sick reporter. There is no way I will waste time on farming for rupees again. The game would have been more fun if the huge rewards appeared more often, and not every second island. It kills all the fun when I'm forced to cook food 99% of the game to have enough rupees. The rewards are too few and the expences too many.

It sounds to me like you both might be spending too much money when getting information/buying recipes.

The first thing you should do is get the map when you arrive on a new Island and start marking locations to make money.

It sounds to me like you both might be spending too much money when getting information/buying recipes.

The first thing you should do is get the map when you arrive on a new Island and start marking locations to make money.

+1.

I really had to farm a bit at the beginning of the game. After that, making some juices was enough and I didn't sell some items I found which would have easily avoid me to do that (like the ones you get in pig warriors arenas).

Well the last level I did I found most of the map items and then sold them, but still didnt have anywhere near enough money to pay for both getting in the dungeon and hiring a bodyguard so then had to skimp and save... I defintly dont offer too much for info slowly increment my offers...

What I did at one point (cheating) was save before haggling for something. If it turns out a bit off or I've given maybe a bit too much. L + R + Start + Select and do it all over again.

Continued on it while watching season #567529 of Survivor and managed to get a lot of money by completing the map and collecting butterflies. But now I'm stuck, how do I enter that bee castle? And where is that missing hood?

Gentleben, I might have spended too much. I didn't think I had to pay everything at once when the NPCs didn't complain. And about the maps, that's a bit obvious. The problem is when the map and everything else is completed and still there isn't enough money to make the tower grow. Which happened to me before 2nd island on 2nd continent. I think I farmed almost 7-10 000 and I surely haven't wasted that when offering too little.