NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Those seeing X-Men 3 MUST READ!

Saw it. It was good but theres a bunch of stuff I dont like about it. Colossus having a yank accent, Phoenix being a seperate personality, why did they change it?Also Juggenaught not being Prof X' step brother . Ah well I suppose its just to make it easier to make the film.

On the Phoenix thing, it would have been far too complicated to go into the Phoenixs origins as they are in the comics (hell that would be at least two trilogies in itself), plus it would involve alien races and such which would make it far too hard to maintain the attention of the "non-comoc-fan" audiance.

It would have been cool to do that but the proplem would be that they would have stretched the movie even farther to make room for that

Well there would have been nothing wrong with that, lord knows the film is far too short as it is:angry:

I thoguht it was a pretty food film, i stayed for the clip at the end. there were only 7 of us waiting to see it... they had to clean up around us.

Vinnie Jones is perfect for the Juggernaut

OH heres a thought. The first time Pheonix came (i THINK its been a while) it was after they flew back to earth from space, and Jean had to pilot, she took heavy damage and got buried underground when the shipped crashed? she was healing her body, and the pheonix force sort of cloned her? Perhaps the Jean Grey we knew is under Alkali Lake healing herself, and the Jean we saw in Xmen 3 was just the Pheonix Force in a copy of her?

That's not the way I remember it.

I remember the space thing and something happened to everyone on re entry leaving Jean to pilot the shuttle but cant remember how she all phoenixed up.

For what Coolinthezoo said you'd have to totally disregard the "mental blocks" Prof X said he put in Jeans mind to keep "Phoenix" at bay.

And Platty i think you're thinking of the Cartoon, if i remember right in that there was a problem with a shuttle re-entry and Jean was over exhusting herself to try and keep it from breaking apart, the Phoenix entity was passing by and tried to help by entering Jeans body to boost her powers and once it got a taste for emotion (especially anger and revenge) it didn't want to leave.

Thats just how i remember it...it may have been similar in the comics, i can't remember my memory is all jumbled now

For what Coolinthezoo said you'd have to totally disregard the "mental blocks" Prof X said he put in Jeans mind to keep "Phoenix" at bay.

And Platty i think you're thinking of the Cartoon, if i remember right in that there was a problem with a shuttle re-entry and Jean was over exhusting herself to try and keep it from breaking apart, the Phoenix entity was passing by and tried to help by entering Jeans body to boost her powers and once it got a taste for emotion (especially anger and revenge) it didn't want to leave.

Thats just how i remember it...it may have been similar in the comics, i can't remember my memory is all jumbled now

Similar to the comics, it was a shuttle re-entry, but she wasn't holding the shuttle together, she was the only one who could protect herself from radiation, as the cockpits shielding was fucked. You never actually saw what happened, just her burst from the sea in phoenix form after the splashdown.

In the original comics there was no phoenix force it was just Jean reaching the peak of her powers, they later rewrote things to create the phoenix force, so they could bring her back from the dead.

Personally I prefer the original storyline.

They sort of go back to that story in Grant Morrisons New X Men titles: throughout the series Jean becomes more and more powerful untill she can use her telekenesis to manipulate not just objects, but molecules. eventually it becomes clear that she is host to the pheonix force and right at the end the pheonix returns through her, rather than by mimicking her.

I actually liked the idea in the last stand. it captured the essence of what the pheonix force meant while keeping the franchise firmly grounded in Singers little corner of the x men universe.

Similar to the comics, it was a shuttle re-entry, but she wasn't holding the shuttle together, she was the only one who could protect herself from radiation, as the cockpits shielding was fucked. You never actually saw what happened, just her burst from the sea in phoenix form after the splashdown.

In the original comics there was no phoenix force it was just Jean reaching the peak of her powers, they later rewrote things to create the phoenix force, so they could bring her back from the dead.

Personally I prefer the original storyline.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YAqM8_F6L8U&search=x-men

Thats what it is in the 'toon. Probably not exactly the same but the cartoon stil rocked.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YAqM8_F6L8U&search=x-men

Thats what it is in the 'toon. Probably not exactly the same but the cartoon stil rocked.

Holy frack:shock: , 95mins long, jesus that not far off the same lenght as X3.... i'll watch that later to relive a small part of my childhood:awesome:

That is most definatly the longest video i seen on Youtube:shock:

I saw the movie yesterday. In my opinion, it's an awesome movie. Too bad the Wolverine and Pheonix sex scene didn't happen. Can someone tell me what's after the credits, because i didn't see it either.

Can someone tell me what's after the credits, because i didn't see it either.

Its mentioned on the first page.

Thought the movie was meh. If it weren't X-Men it would be panned, nothing great, nothing horrible. Just - was. Plus Famke looked terrible.

Plus Famke looked terrible.

I actually thinking she was an amazing actor, and the perfect casting for Jean Gray.

Plus, Pheonix/Jean looked really fit in this movie :red:

Ive never really been amazed by her looks, but after she played a tranny in Nip/Tuck any possible attractions went out the window. Man that show has fucked up moments.

She was amazing as Ava 'the tranny' also (not sexy, just amazing)

Famke Janneson (sp?) is just generally awesome

just saw it today, i thought it was amazing, its good that i read the begginign post, as the end bit is pretty good.

anyone think when watching that she was pretty fit?

i thought it was an amazing film

No, I don't go for twelve year old look alikes.

:love:

Me, and lucky i had known she is older than she looks (19)

Also she looks familar like i seen her in something before...though none of the stuff on her filmography rings a bell

Dania Ramirez is also a fine piece of woman

More proof to back up your spoiler:

[spoiler=]http://profxdies.ytmnd.com/

He didn't catch a "freaky disease, he had

every cell in his body seperated by Jean.

I just saw it yesterday, bit dissapointing how they had to kill a lot of mutants. The Juggernaut was crap as well.

just saw it today, i thought it was amazing, its good that i read the begginign post, as the end bit is pretty good.

i thought it was an amazing film

Hey, shes just a year (roughly) older than me. Looks younger though and innocent. Shes like the dude from Malcom in the Middle, hes 20 something and still looks 17.

Shes 20 something and still looks 17.

:D

anyone notice in the movie that when

Magneto is making the bridge go over to that island, its all daylight, then when everyones ready and hes about to send them, its dark? it just skipped a few hours?

there were some more things that inoticed but forgot

I actually thinking she was an amazing actor, and the perfect casting for Jean Gray.

Plus, Pheonix/Jean looked really fit in this movie :red:

I think its the really long red hair, it doesn't suit her. Famke is a great actress, I loved her in Nip/Tuck so much I went back and rewatched Xmen 1 & 2. And c'mon, we didn't know she was a post-op transexual til the last episode, there was attraction before. Besides, it was the character, not the actress. I doubt anyone was attracted to the insane little bitch that was Ava Moore.

Another continuity error:

(highlight)

Even after Magneto flinged loadsa cars for Pyro to blow up, when we see the bridge after all the cars are still there! Big mistake there.