NEurope
british lad

why are gamecube games so expensive?

I was considering buying Timesplitters 3 for the gamecube but the price for it in the Uk is about £30 in most of the shops and online shops where are the PS2 and Xbox versions you can buy for a fiver.why are gamecube games so expensive?

It's not been out as long on Cube as it has been on the others, that's probably why. You could try and find second hand games, you could probably get TS3 for about £15, maybe less.

Please don't buy Timesplitters 3 for £30, thats just a total rip off.

Look around in shops that offer 2nd hand games and you can probably find a copy for less then £10, sometimes even new copies.

New GC games usually are 10€ cheaper than XBOX or Ps2 games here in Portugal.

i went into GAMe today and TOS was going for over £20, also i went into gamestation and most of the preowned ds games cost moe than the normal ones, wtf's up with that

They cost more because they are rarer for one reason too.

But hey; look at the 360 and you'll feel better :wink:

Yup, I would never pay £50 for a game. Most I ever payed was £45 for Conkers BFD. Think about PS3 owners, those games will apparently cost £60.

Remember how expensive Turok was? I got it for £15 2nd hand :smile:

yes, its because less people buy it on the Cube and there are less copies going around, 2nd hand or new. Try ebay or buy import copy

Yeh ebay is a goodplace to start looking for cheap games.

In my area, GC games are quite rare and shops that sell them off second hand often bump up the price. For example, when I saw Tales of Symphonia pre owned in GAME for £25 I couldn't believe it. But I was stupid enough to actually buy it as that was the first time I actually saw the game in a shop.

I refuse to pay over £35 personally. If Billy Gates thinks he's getting £50 for a 360 game, he can think again. I'll get a 360, but I'll just buy all my games used. I hate the way games companies have justfied the higher price of games because games are harder to make.

It's their own fault they bring out new consoles making them more expensive to develop, not ours. If they don't like it, they don't have to make games, just like I don't have to pay their shitty prices.

Gotta laugh at them when they complain though. Yeah, they're really doing badly as they drive home in their Ferraris aren't they?

Man where i live, Gamecube has basicly be killed off, in one shop there some on the bottum self, and they are full price (£40+) so hard to find anything cheap, although i did pick up some really cheap ones for 5.99 (old tho) even in gamestation they have put them to the bottum self, it's a bloodly shame when you see the shelfs and shelfs of PS2 and xbox (can't say 360 really, although it does have two 2nd hand 360's and psp's which i have to chuckle when i see) i even laffed my ass off when i was playing the 360 in store was just so bad.

but yer gamecube games are way to much, when i bought Timespliters 3 about a year ago in june, was £30 quid and i had to buy it at play, i searched for hours in town, never found one, and when it was around it was £45 quid which was to much, then pisstake my mate enjoyed the game on the cube, buys the xbox version for 12 quid a week later :\, just seems unfair that because we have cubes we have to pay for it.

best bet is looking for it 2nd hand or looking on the net, or grin and bare to spend 30quid cause it's a bloody amazing game, been playing for a year and just got to 95.5% of the game, so fun! funny to, anyway thats my rant.

I admit this takes some nerve as what I'm about to suggest rely's on trusting vendor.

I just came across a site that trades pre-owned games for new. Unfortunately I've never heard of them. But it might be worth a call. 3 pre-owned games there will get you TS3.

Even Amazon have new games @ £4.97 sometimes for sale. Spend £15 for free delivery and trade them for above.

For pre-owned I'd suggest CEX.co.uk. You can get these for far less. Here's a list http://www.cex.co.uk/search.php?stext=&section=1&pl=5&cat=667&radiobutton_minstock=1&refine=1&sortOn=minofsellprice&PriorOrder=

This could cost less than £5 for all 3 games! Making TS3 a bargain!

All games must be for the format you're buying for. I obtained my copy of TS3 @ Game by buying secondhand games from likes of Gamestation & Blockbuster. Game were accepting 4 games for all formats @ time. Here is the link for the site I mentioned http://www.playingames.net/acatalog/gamecube.html

Price includes postage.

Here are the T & C's:-

About Us playingames are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us using the link on the store page.

Playing games we sell new games,consles and accessories we trade game and buy used games.

To trade your pre-owned games pick the game you would like check that the pre-owned game you want to trade is not the same as any on the trading page just add to cart and just send us a e-mail with the name of the game you want to trade.

,you can trade 4 used games for a new one just check that the pre-owned games you want to trade are not the same as any on the trading page no doubling up and all games must be box and the same format as the new game you would like,There is no charge for trading for a new game just e-mail us with the new game you would like the titles of the 4 games and format you are trading and your Name and Address,then we will sand you every thing you need to send your games to us for free,once we receive them we will send your new game out to you.

I was considering buying Timesplitters 3 for the gamecube but the price for it in the Uk is about £30 in most of the shops and online shops where are the PS2 and Xbox versions you can buy for a fiver.why are gamecube games so expensive?

Shops are trying to get rid of all excess stock of Timesplitters 3 for X-Box because of the 360, Sony just seem to be following suit with PS2 versions. The GC version is probably getting sold at £30 quid because EA have still gotta make some money off a version of the game still

PS2 and xbox were abundantly installed in the gamer's user base.

This means when a game comes out, they know they'll sell more- there is more competition in the market for the lowest prices and also when they are returned as pre-owned more gamers will return driving prices lower.

I saw a pre-owned copy of RE4 the other day for £32, and next to it was the sealed version for £30.

Smaller installed userbase, the majority of retailers stop stocking GameCube games and they few that do have a monopoly- they can charge whatever the hell they want as you can see from the above example.

The answer? Reject retailers and buy second hand.

Seriously, they sell GC games for more than PS2 and XBOX. They would probably get more profit if they put out all their stock and devoted a weekend to getting rid of all the GC games before the Wii.

yes... and they dont get cheaper quick like xbox or ps2 games.. it sucks..

im waiting waiting waiting for Baten Kaitos to get cheap.. because the moment I buy it at full price.. i will be able to walk into a shop next door and they are selling it for half of what I spend.. it never fails

I bought Wario World on the GC for 40 quid when it came out, but the next day they had a half price sale and it got reduced. Typical.

I just paid £15 for second hand Mario Sunshine and it's on Amazon for £17 new, oh well.. it's still relatively crisp- doubt i'll resell it for more than a tenner.

Haven't bought one for over a year, preowned Zelda Collector's Edition.