N-Europe

Eurovision 2006

KingOfHyrule

Yes they're pretty popular here, and probably have always been. But they're not über popular. So they don't stand up from the likes of nightwish, HIM etc. But back in the old days it was a boy band. Or not in a way that for example westlife is. Just all the girls liked them, and when you're at a certain age you just can't like anything that girls like ;) So there was no way that me or my friends would call it a good band then.

But times change and I think they're ok now. And their previous songs were good also.

Oh and I'd like to see that too, because I don't know any proper heavy enthusiast. Or there's one, but he's too calm to get into fights...

But back on the topic; I wonder if they're gonna make any adjustments to the voting procedure now. As there's a way to vote for your own country...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But back on the topic; I wonder if they're gonna make any adjustments to the voting procedure now. As there's a way to vote for your own country...

I don´t think that´s necessary... It´s pretty complicated to do and I´m pretty sure many people just doesn´t care so much about the Eurovision that they´d use Skype to vote they´re own country.

And the grande finale is tonight, right? Can´t wait to see how Lordi will perform! :) Too bad Iceland didn´t got through...

Well i saw Lordi perform in the semi-final and they were great!

I'm sure The United Kingdom will give Finland nearly top marks! We like anything different like that!

Really looking forward to it, this year!

Anyone not want Lordi to win?

1st, Ireland haven't had a good song since Rock and Roll Kids (note to self, find that song later)

Rock 'n' Roll Kids is my favourite song ever, it was always too good for a Eurovision entry. Well at least we won with it and really overly destroyed every other country that year - 1994 I believe ;)

My Auntie LOVES the Ireland entry! Brian Kennedy ain't it? She said she saw him in a concert ages ago, and she fell in love with him.

Shes loves strange men, she absolutely idolises Meat Loaf for example.

Not a bad song actually, it may not win, but it will do well.

Anything could happen!

Oh loca, give me give me your boca, you are breaking my heart.

Oh loca, give me give me your choco, do you want it or not.

Genius lyrics from the Moldovans. I'm enjoying so far lying in bed with a box of muffins. Looking Forward to seeing Lordi, but I've got a bet on Sweden and Latvia, so they're my adopted countries for tonight. As for Britain, not a chance.

Edit: Just seen the Latvians entry, I love it, acapella beat boxing and robot DJ for the win.

I'm liking a surprising amount of these entries in a cheesy catchy kind of way. The German entry wasn't half bad and Denmarks is.... ummm.... interesting. It seems that this year everyones gone out there way to try different things rather then just doing dull crowd pleasing ballads. Although saying that, Russia is as dull as ditch water.