NEurope
James

Wii wasnt a Wii but a GameCube

We don't need prove to know that. One look at the Red Steel demo is telling enough really. I also don't believe for a second that those GameCubes were actually on stage.

I really, really doubt MP3, Mario Galaxy and Excite Truck were running on 100% GameCube hardware though. There had to be improvements on the GPU to run that.

True it does look fake but we know that Wii's final graphics are not done yet.

Heh, this crazy.

Some of the guys at the forum, says they can see the Gamecubes in the pressconference movie as well.

looks fake, but would be hilarious if it was real. But don't you think Nintendo would of disguised it better? c'mooooon... they would.... right?

Dunno if they would disguise it better but the Wii games will have better graphics than what we saw so I don't care if it is fake or not.I'll watch the conference and see if I can spot any cubes.

looks fake, but would be hilarious if it was real. But don't you think Nintendo would of disguised it better? c'mooooon... they would.... right?

Yeer if it was true they could have at least put it in a carboard box or something. And as someone mentioned a cube would need more power to run what we saw at E3.

We already knew that, Nintendo officially stated that the Wiis that were playable were dev kits very close to GC.

For anyone that has downloaded he conference,sometihng looks like a cube go to 2 min 6 seconds - 2 min 8 seconds (notice a wave bird adapter in the the left cube) and 2 minutes 26 seconds - just before 2 minutes 28 seconds.It looks like cubes,you can make out eh ports and the orange light.Doesn't mean they are playing on it,the people doing Zelda and Red Steel could play on an early devkit with the Wii below the back of the stage.

For anyone that has downloaded he conference,sometihng looks like a cube go to 2 min 6 seconds - 2 min 8 seconds (notice a wave bird adapter in the the left cube) and 2 minutes 26 seconds - just before 2 minutes 28 seconds.It looks like cubes,you can make out eh ports and the orange light.Doesn't mean they are playing on it,the people doing Zelda and Red Steel could play on an early devkit with the Wii below the back of the stage.

You're right! Anyone with the IGN video go to that point and take a look, their are what appear to be two Gamecubes in the corner both of which are switched on. The plot thickens :shock:

they could be anything really, just coincidently habving 4 lights, i didnt know that the holes lit up?

also why at that 2 min 6 sec one, why does the 'light' on the far left of the so called right cube, go off and on, when miyamoto is swinging from left to right, or dancing i should say.

i dont think they are cubes, but something like a technical thing for the lighting or to display the stuff on the screens infront of him.

I only see the first 2 ports of the right cube flash.Could be modified cubes so it can accept the Wii-mote.Who knows -apart from Nintendo.

All Wii games - all - were running on 100% GameCube/dev hybrid hardware! No real Wii, but they had more memory than the usual cubes.

All Wii games - all - were running on 100% GameCube/dev hybrid hardware! No real Wii, but they had more memory than the usual cubes.

And thats the truth.

Wierd, I thought Reggie said the final dev kits won't even get sent out until July. Making any worries over graphics irrelevant. The games are also in development, of course they'll look better on launch.

Yeah, Penny Arcade said they were told something similar (who incidentally, gave a glowing report.) Hold on, I gotta see for myself ...

Yep, there are what appear to be two Gamecubes, on stage, in my download of the press confrence. Those pictures are real - that's all I know though. All rather intresting...

Unrelated note:

Also, I could almost swear that I saw the A-Team truck in the video. I hope they include it in any case.

This was already posted in another thread.:confused:

I made a thread with something similar.

I made a thread with something similar.

so would this call for a lock or what??:sad:

I'm just gonna let this live it's life. My thread was more about Gamedevelpment and not about the Wii's on E3