NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
UziT

Miyamoto ejecting a disc

That's what I would of thought,but how will it stay in the middle then there's nothing to support it when it's inside? Oh the mysteries of Wii...

The drive should be designed to pick it up however. there will be two catchers much like a vending machine that will activate the particuar mechanism for the size disc you place in.

That drive is a real work of art. It just shows how much thought Nintendo put into the design of Wii.

Can't wait for the launch. :)

I was confused at first, not really paying attention to what I was watching. I thought it was a giant disc lol!

It really does show how small the console actually is :D

That's what I thoguht; it makes the Disc look so huge!! :grin:

That's the best disc eject of any console ever.

So cool :awesome:

As opposed to the slot loading drive on my G4 iBook, this one is actually smooth.

all get together 3 stacked DVD cases, ur wolding a Wii ^_^

they also mentioned it could be smaller than that

It's just really nice to see the hardware in a kind of working state.

My iBook one is clunky- i have travelled a lot with it though.

That's what I'm saying :P

Meh, I don't see whats so amazing about putting a gamecube disc in. My CD play in my car is slot loading and takes gamecube sized discs. I've not tried putting a small disc in but I imagine it will just push it into the middle.

I think it's awesome. love the name, love the design, love the adverts, love the whole new direction Nintendo is going in.

Slick, Cool, New, Fresh, and Appealing. No more kiddy, geek, fan boy image any more. Nintendo will rock.

Meh, I don't see whats so amazing about putting a gamecube disc in. My CD play in my car is slot loading and takes gamecube sized discs. I've not tried putting a small disc in but I imagine it will just push it into the middle.

That won't work and I wouldn't try it ;)

My laptop also has a slot like dvd and I've read in the manual that it doesn't read 8cm disks, so I won't try. But I really want to know what happens.

thats pretty cool but the disk looks beastly large even though its not... i love GC disks...

That won't work and I wouldn't try it ;)

Umm, yes it will.

The built-in CD player plays one, standard 12-cm or 8-cm (single) CD at a time. Do not use an adapter when playing 8-cm CDs.

Obviously I don't want to put a GC disc in it. But if I find an 8cm CD I will give it a go.

Edit:

Right I just tried it with a gamecube disc. It works exactly the same as putting a full size disc in. You simply push it into the middle and it goes in. If you push it in at the edge it wouldn't do anything.

Got a crappy video of it here

So there you have it. Nintendo's stuff about it being the first slot loading disc to accept both disc sizes is rubbish.

Sign in to follow this