NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowV7

Tetsuya Mizuguchi Interview

Eurogamer has had an interview with Tetsuya Mizuguchi and talks about how he is interested in brining back Rez.Prepare it's a long read.

Mizuguchi confirmed that he has future plans for Nintendo's next console and shared his opinion of the platform. "Nintendo Wii is very interesting, a very special controller, a very original style," he said. "Too special, maybe, if you want to make the game not only [for] Wii, but for other platforms, because you want to give the game the best chance. I'm really interested in the style, though."

"At my stage," Mizuguchi explained, "I'm watching what's happening in the future, planning how to combine the music, the visualisation, the futuristic - a Rez kind of experience."

When questioned on the possibility of a return of Rez, the synaesthesia shooter franchise, Mizuguchi said, "I'm currently seriously considering it. It's always there. I'm always thinking about it. [Grinning] Also Space Channel 5."

The rest of the artice is here

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

GODLY GAME.

rez-2.jpg

I have wanted this since the 'games you want to see on the Revolution and why' thread.

What system was this originally on?

Dreamcast. Saw limited print in Europe and Japan. Does also have PS2 port, but like Dreamcast, print run for the port was very small.

Rez is like one of my favourite games ever, easily in my top 5.

Its pure fucking genius... and yes there was a Rez "Trance Vibrator" for Japanese PS2 users.

Space Channel 5 was also on Dreamcast. Decent game.

Up, down, up, down, shoo, shoo, shoo!

Space Channel 5 was also on Dreamcast. Decent game.

Up, down, up, down, shoo, shoo, shoo!

Hahahahaahha, i remember seeing the trailers for that and thinking "o_O"

I would like to see games like these coming to Wii. They're cult games and carry their own fanbase, which is only good for the system.

Sign in to follow this