NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Virtual Console Discussion

Looks very primitive, lacks any clear style or flow.

I think it will certainly get a big overhaul before it is in out hands.. it is pretty bare bones.

I see this as a more show the concept to the press display than a finished product.. it does say 'E3 2006 demo' which is a dead giveaway.

I like the Apple style reflection effects. Hope they keep those.

I like it, though I think they will be changing it for it's release.

I hope that Nintendo will look to include games from outside of the console market as well.

There were loads of really cool games that I used to own on the Amiga. I'd really love to be able to play classics like Superfrog & Gods again too !

I hope that the controller that they are showing will not be the final design though. I find that the new wing shape controllers are a lot more comfortable than the the old SNES ones which were this shape.

I'm guessing they are saveable to SD (GB games will be kept secret until TGS) and playable on either Wii or DS.

it would be super if we could download GB games to our DS's !

Not download, because then you cannot save. But SD cards are very likely, though we probably won't see GB games until next year.

Not download, because then you cannot save. But SD cards are very likely, though we probably won't see GB games until next year.

Oh yea true my bad. off tipic they said there wont be another Gameboy.....?:wtf:

$2 NES (I assume Master System here too)

$5 SNES (presumably Turbo Graphics and Mega Drive too)

$10 N64 (£4.50ish)

First party titles will come from Sega and Turbo Graphics first time around.. as popularity increases third party titles will be added. This is because some publishers will not be willing to risk such a new concept.

That's what I've heard from E3, Nintendo may have an international price plan set out- that seems incredibly reasonable to me.

No graphics updates, all will be progressive scan enabled.. load times will be non existant but besides that no tweaking.

Nothing has been said about frame rate but I hear grumblings of enhanced frame rates for N64 games.

Size will be effectively the same as what you would expect for a website .rom emulator image.

32mb for the largest N64 games, a few megs for the SNES generation and a few hundred kilobytes for those old NES games.

By the way the Master system is by no means confirmed.. I'm just guessing there.

I hope that portables are kept away from the back catalogue- I want it to be a home system museum only.

Blender, that's up to Nintendo of Europe- seeing as they know probably less than we do about Nintendo Wii.

I'd say no at this point in time.

Nintendo stars are a commodity Nintendo of Europe profits from significantly.. we buy games and trade them in for wall papers which are provided to Nintendo of Europe for free as promotional material. It's hardly comparable to Tesco's clubcard is it?

I find it hard to believe Nintendo of Europe will have access to the download system.. perhaps there will be a code system where you can redeem a code.

I think it's unlikely Nintendo of Europe will have anything to do with the micro transactions that we make on Nintendo WiFi servers beyond customer support.

they might let us trade "gamecube stars" for "wii credits" that we can use on the wii. So therefore not being directly involved in the download or code system. anyway bought so many cheap games recently, i hope these stars beyond screensaverss .

yeah id reckon 250 for a nes. 350/500 for snes and 750/1000 stars for n64.

however if you thing about it a full £40 game you get 250 stars in it, so maybe less like:

100 for nes, 200-300 for snes and 300-500 for n64.

hats what i think, if they did it over the star catalogue aswell

Nintendo stars are a commodity Nintendo of Europe profits from significantly.. we buy games and trade them in for wall papers which are provided to Nintendo of Europe for free as promotional material. It's hardly comparable to Tesco's clubcard is it?

I find it hard to believe Nintendo of Europe will have access to the download system.. perhaps there will be a code system where you can redeem a code.

I think it's unlikely Nintendo of Europe will have anything to do with the micro transactions that we make on Nintendo WiFi servers beyond customer support.

I don't see why not. Japan has a similar stars system. There's nothing to stop Nintendo making the whole system universal and taking it to America as well. They certainly won't lose money on each game they give away, except maybe a slight extra bit of bandwidth on there servers.

Nintendo haven't said anything about GameBoy games as of yet...

I hope they add gameboy colour games, I would love to play the oracles again.

The only games I missed out on (besides Four Swords which I'm getting and Link to the Past which I will get on VC - oh and those CDi games *shudder) is the two Oracle games and Link's Awakening DX. I would pay twenty pounds each to be able to play those on the Wii.

Sign in to follow this