N-Europe

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Sarka

Started playing this yersterday, and completed it earlier. Not a very memorable game in my opinion but it had some decent moments. I didn't notice any problems with my cursor during the shooting sections (they were my favourite sections in the game btw!) but the Wii remote wasn't very responsive for me in some situations such as the Resident Evil 4 type fights, and just like No More Heroes, the city could of had more civillans and atmosphere.

Here are my final stats :

Game-time - 07:57:40

Battle-time - 01:32:04 (I'm guessing this is the amount of time I was in shooting-mode?)

Enemy Kill Ratio - 95.5%

Accuracy - 70.9%

Battle Points 207613

Clever Shots - 10

Head Shots - 208

Max Combo - 202

Unrescued Casualties - 8 (Woops!)

Overall Rating - Good

Completed this earlier and enjoyed the experience completely.

Towards the end I did notice that I had some problems getting the motion gesture to register , particularly when I had to swipe it left , right was no problem (???) , other than that the controls held up well.

Took a fraction over 12 twelve hours with no missed rescues (missed a shooting range somewhere though) , and managed to pick up 46 titles as well as a few hidden costumes.

I was a little disappointed that you are unable to continue to replay levels without starting a new game as it would have been good to go through and improve the end game stats (a la Eledees , Dewys Adventure) , but I have already started a second playthough anyway as I want to uncover those missing unlockables.

finished on normal earlier, can't remember my stats though.

I do know i missed 3 rescues which i knew during the game and can remember where... seemed like they were in buildings but i couldn't find a way in and gave up on them...serves them right, if they need help they should wait out in the open. :heh:

Going back on hard mode now and trying the sign collection thing, so far out of the first 2 stages missed 1 on the 1st and got them all on the 2nd.

I love the hidden "Secret Files" you get on completion too, good reads.

Is it possible to destroy the meteor??

Do you need fully tooled up weapons or is there some hidden "weak points" that take massive damage (:heh:) when hit?

or is it like an in game lesson... "You can't save everyone"

The game on a whole felt like a summer blockbuster movie... like a mix of Volcano and the Die Hard Films, I loved it.

Completed this earlier and enjoyed the experience completely.

Towards the end I did notice that I had some problems getting the motion gesture to register , particularly when I had to swipe it left , right was no problem (???) , other than that the controls held up well.

Took a fraction over 12 twelve hours with no missed rescues (missed a shooting range somewhere though) , and managed to pick up 46 titles as well as a few hidden costumes.

I was a little disappointed that you are unable to continue to replay levels without starting a new game as it would have been good to go through and improve the end game stats (a la Eledees , Dewys Adventure) , but I have already started a second playthough anyway as I want to uncover those missing unlockables.

Hmm, you can't? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure you can replay missions whenever you want before finishing the game.

I finished it last night, my final stats were:

Time - 11:17:54

Battle Time - (A) 0:55:46

Enemy Kill Ratio - (A) 96.2%

Shooting Accuracy - © 73.6%

Battle Points - (B) 220712

Clever Shots - 11

Head Shots - 408

Max Combo - 114

Damage Received - © 7091

Near Death Experiences - (A) 12

Unrescued Casualties - (S) 0

Overall Rating - (A) Great!

Can’t wait to go through it all again to improve those stats and find the rest of the hidden goodies, will be good replay value with this one for sure. :smile:

Plus the Advanced shooting range will also keep me playing this for a while yet, so funny! :grin:

Well some are certainly tough. I just figure since really good Wii games are so ridiculously rare, I rather stretch the experience to the max. The day Sony or Microsoft release a Wiimote-like controller I'm sad to say it's bye bye, cute little white machine - and lightning fast too...

I know next year looks a bit brighter, but I just can't (under)stand Nintendo's release policy. Where is Fatal Frame, for instance?

So, going on-topic.

I received the game now, played the prologue and the first level, this game screams FUN, i will try to rescue everyone and to get every upgrade possible.

As i expected, the game is cheesy as hell, i laughed a lot in scenes where i was supposed to feel bad for them or something like that.

BTW, the titles i received were damn funny, there was one in which they called me a chicken because i hid more than 50 times in the stage, one in which they called me careful because i took my time to shoot, etc.

Also, this game took my fear from On-Rail shooters :)

When the enemies are actually smart, move around, you can hide and you have to be strategic, the On-Rail shooting gets fun, and not boring as it did in RE:UC

(Yes, Dazzybee, i thought RE:UC was boring, sue me)

Anyways, i have to study for a test tomorrow, so i'l play tomorrow more of this awesome game.

I seem to be playing this a lot more than I anticipated and am now just hunting down the remaining titles.

I still also need to find 6 stamina signs and looking for them is annoying the crap out of me.

Certainly getting my moneys worth anyway.

EDIT - Only 2 more staminas remain , and what makes it worse one of them is staring me right in the face but I can't reach it.

Stage 20 , there is one on top of a hut but no amount of jumping seems to get Ray there. I have even trying destroy a couple of the boxes near the planks to make a see-saw type thing and Ray still can't reach the roof. The missing sign on stage 8 just can't be found anywhere and I am sure I have scoured every inch of it , but obviously not , arrrghh

Damnit, this game is addicting.

So, i decided to play just a little, maybe one stage or two, and i spend 6 hours playing.

WTF?

Anyways, until now i rescued everyone, i completed the Parachute level, tomorrow i'l try the next levels.

A shame this game is short, because its really awesome

I'm about half way through it and really enjoy it. It is made in a very cinematic way. That means that the controls also adapt to the situation in some way. Meaning that different moves will be required and can only be used in certain situation.

But I really like that and the Wiimote moves make sense and add a lot the experience.

I don't really like the look though. Many of the textures seem a bit bland although the engine is pretty good but it seems like unused potential.