NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Wow, all our posts were in May! We knew nothing, strange looking back!

Yeah this is out end-of Jan/beginning of feb here!

Lets hope theres not a games drought from December 8th till end-of Jan, although there probably will be as theres so many games out at launch!

This game is just gonna be awesome, we all know it. For added lastability though I hope its got some awesome mutliplayer modes!!

Also, I dont think all these games will be launch titles like we think. Remember Nintendo said there wouldnt be a game drought like with the cube, these will be slowly tickled out - fine by me. As long as WiiSports, Zelda, Mario Red Steel are launch titles I'm catered for.

Mario has been confirmed for 2007. Sorry

Does this game have any multiplayer modes? I'm expecting it has. If it does, that would be the icing on the cake for me. :)

Does this game have any multiplayer modes? I'm expecting it has. If it does, that would be the icing on the cake for me. :)

Haven't all the videos we've seen shown people playing it with friends? Warioware is a great party game so I think Nintendo would be crazy not to make it multiplayer - that's the main focus of the GC game.

I'm more excited about this game than any other game on the Wii to be honest. Far more than Metroid, Zelda, Mario...

It has been confirmed today that this game will indeed be reaching European Shores (and Americans probably) sometime in December!

I doubt it will be after Xmas, so the 15th seems like the date!

YEAH! :hehe:

New Info

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Format: Wii

Launch Date: 01/17/07

ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) Crude Humor, Mild Cartoon Violence

Game Type: Mass Microgames

Players: Mostly 1-player, some 2-5 players, one 12 players

Developer: Nintendo Co. developed by Intelligent Systems

KEY INFORMATION

WarioWare’s back with an idea so crazy, it could only be made with the latest technology: the Wii Remote�. When Wario� stumbles upon a strange device called a Form Baton, he and his friends use it to learn new moves that are as fun as they are wacky. With hundreds of microgames, this game is just as wild as you’d expect from the name WarioWare, but the game play has been revolutionized. Under Wario’s tutelage, and with the help of the Wii Remote, players swing, spin and squat their way to victory.

# With more than 200 lightning-quick microgames and controls that range from scribbling to flailing, WarioWare: Smooth Moves takes interactive gaming to a whole new level. Players steer cars, twirl pizzas, saw logs and dance their way to victory. All they need to be the champ is confidence, a Wii Remote and their best moves.

# With games that are as much fun to play as they are to WATCH people play, WarioWare: Smooth Moves brings the party to its feet. It’s hilarious for players and audiences alike.

Game storyline: While pursuing a strange creature that stole his snack, Wario accidentally stumbles into an old building called the Temple of Form. Inside, he finds a mystical treasure called the Form Baton, which looks suspiciously like a Wii Remote. He discovers that the Form Baton gives him special powers depending on his “form” - the way he holds and moves the baton. Wario decides to pocket his new treasure, and soon the form craze spreads through Diamond City.

Characters: The cast from previous WarioWare games is back with new microgames. Besides Wario, Mona, Jimmy, 9-Volt, Orbulon, Dr. Crygor and the rest of the old crew, this title also features appearances by Master Mantis, Young Cricket, Penny Crygor and many more.

How to progress through the game: Players must clear fast-paced sets of microgames, changing the way they hold the controller each time. As they do, they’ll unlock more stages and pose cards.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features:

1. The game’s full-body controls add a whole new level of insanity to an already frenetic experience. Players use the Wii Remote for all the stages, and some stages also use the Nunchuk to play.

2. As is the case with other WarioWare titles, 9-Volt’s stage features microgames based on classic Nintendo games. Nintendo fans will delight in new takes on old favorites.

3. Players’ Mii characters make appearances in microgames and other areas.

4. There is a multiplayer mode where people can play using a single Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

It has been confirmed today that this game will indeed be reaching European Shores (and Americans probably) sometime in December!

I doubt it will be after Xmas, so the 15th seems like the date!

UK, not US. And I don't think they would take the game on tour if it wasn't out by Xmas.

UK, not US. And I don't think they would take the game on tour if it wasn't out by Xmas.

Hasn't Metroid Prime 3 been on tour all over the world? It's not out until next year, probably Q2 if I had to guess.

That video completely debunks my problems with the pace of the game.

The demonstrations aren't that bad.. not nearly as bad as I've seen in the really patronising ones.

That's really pacey and varied.

*dribbles*

Love the look of the Zelda mini-game :D

Yeah looks great. I'm really glad to see the whole range of Nintendo games in there, it's turning out just how I wanted it to. :wink:

This will surely be the best Warioware game ever, a combination of all of the previous versions rolled in to one, I seriously can't wait for it!

:bouncy:

Don't kill me or anything, but right now I'm actually more hyped up for this than Zelda. :woops:

Don't kill me or anything, but right now I'm actually more hyped up for this than Zelda. :woops:

lol I wouldn't go THAT far but Zelda is my most anticipated wii game, whereas Wario Ware is my most anticipated game in the multi player region.

4. There is a multiplayer mode where people can play using a single Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

and that will be the games downfall.The only multiplayer seems to be sharing the controller.I hope it isnt but if this IS true and the game IS full price then sorry it's a no by far

Does anyone know if the Euro release date for this has been confirmed as the 26th of January, or is that just speculation by retailers? :hmm:

Sign in to follow this