NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

England Team Discussion

What???? are you actually suggesting that gerrard should be critisised? Gerrard has been the best midfielder in the squad. lampard has been total shit. what a waste of time but instead of taking him off they leave him on and play gerrard out of position. i would like to see gerrard in the team instead of lampard. he is really over rated.

What???? are you actually suggesting that gerrard should be critisised? Gerrard has been the best midfielder in the squad. lampard has been total shit. what a waste of time but instead of taking him off they leave him on and play gerrard out of position. i would like to see gerrard in the team instead of lampard. he is really over rated.

He wasn't really criticising gerrard, as he said "but to be fair, he is passing and creating chances well".

I think Gerrard has been good in his role, but his partnership with Lampard is really not working.

i agree and that is down to lampard. he is not versitial enough. leave him out have carrack in with gerrard.

on a side note now that ballack has gone to chelsea it will be interesting to see how lampard plays along side ballack. i dont think it will work.

Yeah I did say;

to be fair, he is passing and creating chances well and did set up J. Coles goal.
I agree Gerrad has been great overall, though he hasn't been at the standard he's set for himself at Liverpool and overall his shots so far have been poor!
lampard has been total shit. what a waste of time but instead of taking him off they leave him on and play gerrard out of position.
Yeah, why whenever I hear a suggestion about how best to play Gerrard and Lampard together, is it always 'Gerrard back in more of a holding role, with Lampard running on'!!??

It should be the other way round with Gerrard right up there leading on to Rooney! If you look at where he scored his goal from, that's where he's most effective!

If Lampard was left out, I'd go with something like,

J.Cole, Gerrard, Beckham, Lennon

Carrick

the 2 games he has played in possition he has scored. well if that doesn't start to ring bells what will? i think englands biggest problem is Eriksonofabitch. he is the biggest waste of time we have ever had the misfortune of being forced to support.

he inherited a fantastic side and still cant win jack shit. what a tosser.

No he didn't, he inherited a blunt and flairless England with no meaningful strategy. After the mindless rambling of Keagen, Sven was a such a positive change who was actually succesful organising them as a team. It's had its ups and downs, but I think the Sven era has been a good one. At the moment I think his unwillingness to utilise the burgeoning talent on his bench is letting him down. His 5-man midfield strategy may lack bite, but it has shown it to be a formation which offers many varied play possibilities.

What??? kegan was a great england manager and if he hadn't of spoken about things that had nothing to do with football than we would have won the last European championship with him as manager. but Sven comes in and goes defensive. the worst thing is now McClaren takes over and will play in the same style Sven does. Sven is an idiot complete idiot.

Blunt and Flairless. i think you need your head examined.

Just reading over i meant Hoddle not Keegan. Keegan was crap.

I gotta admit that we aren't playing as well as we could. I think this is mainly due to our midfield. The partnership between Lamps and Gerrard is not working AT ALL.

IMO Gerrard is the complete midfielder and should definately be in the squad. Lampard has been disappointing...I know he is a world class midefielder but he just doesn't fit in. I really do think we shoud do what's best for the team and not just trying to accomodate our star players.

I think we should construct a whole new midfield.

J Cole-Hargreaves-Carrick-Gerrard

They aren't the 4 best midfielders we have, but in terms of balance, something like this has to be done. J Cole as our main playmaker, Hargreaves doing all the dirty work, Carrick making the midfield tick over making sure we keep the ball, and Gerrard as our winger like he was for Liverpool has season.

Na it will be:

J cole - Hargreaves/Carrick - Gerrard/Lampard - Lennon

Beckham will have a bit part and they'll make sure he gets 100 caps.

Also dont forget wright-philips.

I don't think my midfield will be picked, it's just what I'd play to get some stability and function in to the side. Our midfield, considering the quality we have, has been nothing short of pathetic under Sven.

Looking back now that the tournament has finished, England played absolute CRAP!!!!!

I can't believe how much the press was going on about how we could win the WC...absolute bullshit.

Looking back now that the tournament has finished, England played absolute CRAP!!!!!

I can't believe how much the press was going on about how we could win the WC...absolute bullshit.

On paper, England do have lots of great players.

In practice, they couldn't function as a great team.

The problem is scoring goals. I think defensively, England are solid. However, they couldn't get it together in midfield and upfront. I'm stilll unconvinced about Peter Crouch's inclusion within the squad, and we didn't even get a good look in with Theo Walcott. Upfront, England didn't look too good.

Sign in to follow this