Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

You clearly have no idea what the term 'balancing means' lol.

Falcon and Ganon are two examples of characters who have been nerfed for no apparantly reason. Same for samus aswell really.

Now Mario, that's balancing. He's actually my main now along with Ike and Lucario.

Balancing a character not in the sense that HE is balanced as in fast, strong, etc..., it means he balances the roster. That's why characters are nerfed.

Again, different games. For example, I much prefer Samus in here, I couldn't really play with her very well on Melee.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balancing a character not in the sense that HE is balanced as in fast, strong, etc..., it means he balances the roster. That's why characters are nerfed.

Again, different games. For example, I much prefer Samus in here, I couldn't really play with her very well on Melee.

I know what Hellfire means. Some characters were over/under-powered in Melee.

Wario impressions please!

Hmm UC is good, even if there are too few levels.

Call me a sucker but I'm tempted to buy the new worms wii game SO even though review say it is poor and that there'll probably a better version for it in a years time similar to DS. Online etc.

MK, NM, Worms, Brawl alone is adequette for a good time, dunno where the money is coming from though.

Where can you get money trees these days? Premier League footie?

Oh if only you had the game to be able to play it.

Still, what impressions are there to give? Apparantly there's "only 4 moves" for each character so.. :indeed:

Apparently there's white text under my comment.

Hey Dys, I'll be getting it tomorrow and will get that first brawl experience I was talking about ;)

How do you say? The dust before the storm, right? :S

Almost, phrase is 'calm before the storm'. Ganon was immense for me in melee. Still is. Same with Samus. Although i spammed items and projectiles with her back in melee so I may struggle a bit at first in Brawl. But if ganon is the same and the game is supposedly slower, it may be easier to connect with those heavy blows :smile:

Falcon I find impossible to use in melee. Dunno how my friend does it but he used to connect with that horrible knee so often. Is he slower or faster now?

And apparently Wario is pretty good. Different but good. And now my obligatory brawl statement: Can't wait till this game comes out :zzz:

I know. You have to reminisce now though.

Yeah, I remember the time I turned this on for the first time. Yet there is that much stuff in this title that EVERYTIME you play it it's refreshingly new. Would you know that? No.

Pipe-down about "playing it for the first time against not playing it for the first time" ffs.

When you have it then you can truly bitch lyrical.

Let that be the end of this 3 page bullshi*.

When you have it then you can truly bitch lyrical.

LOL exactly. My greatest fear is that in time I KNOW I will be bored with this as I was Melee, and there doesn't seem to be a major release for Wii after this is released in the EU. The online was really the defining factor for me in terms of much longevity this will offer me. If there were a leaderboard of ANY sort that alone would motivate me to pwn all, just like it does in Command and Conquer 3 even slightly in Mario Strikers. But with the friend codes shite and all, its just bitch-slapped me into gurning a "meh!".

I can't even understand why a game like Mario Strikers get the inclusion of leaderboards and a grande game like Brawl doesn't! Such a wasted opportunity, why exactly was this game delayed again?

...why exactly was this game delayed again?

So they could add things yet leave out an extensive online mode. And, considering Iwata said he was brawling Reggie back in 2006 it's a total let-down. Means making our own tourno's. Not as fun obviously.

N-Europe Fight Club FTW!

But yeah, slight dissapointment. At least there are pretty trophies and music to listen to :p

What's the big deal about leaderboards? Sure, it's nice, but it shouldn't be in any way an incentive to play a game. I mean do you want games for the fun they give you while playing or do you play them unwillingly just to get a pretty number on a chart.

Not to mention that most times, you think you're good and then you look at the leaderboard and you're like #5235425345.

It's not of course a bad thing to have a leaderboard, but tbh I really dont care about that.

Also, anyone expecting more robust online has been living on the moon lol

What's the big deal about leaderboards? Sure, it's nice, but it shouldn't be in any way an incentive to play a game. I mean do you want games for the fun they give you while playing or do you play them unwillingly just to get a pretty number on a chart.

Not to mention that most times, you think you're good and then you look at the leaderboard and you're like #5235425345.

It's not of course a bad thing to have a leaderboard, but tbh I really dont care about that.

Also, anyone expecting more robust online has been living on the moon lol

Brawl is essentially a fighting game where by you aim to beat your opponent. To each his/her own but I play to win and therefore I value the competitive side of things, therefore the needs of people like myself should be catered for as do most other multiplayer online games released this generation. Nintendo should really step up.

Falcon I find impossible to use in melee. Dunno how my friend does it but he used to connect with that horrible knee so often. Is he slower or faster now?

He's slower but then again everyone is, he's still the second fastest runner next to Sonic. His Knee is harder to connect with because the sweetspot is smaller now, he also doesn't combo as well because enemies tend to fly too high up. As a Falcon mainer in Melee, it was a bit difficult to adjust to his Brawl incarnation but I'm getting the hang of it and I'm able to use him much better now.

Goddamn- ah, I see your white text. My postman hasn't arrived yet, but as soon as I see him I'm going to shake violently and scream, I think.

When does your post arrive then?

Im really ticked off, now would be the perfect time to get it, but instead I have to think of something else to do now.

Unless it magically arrives late.

When does your post arrive then?

Im really ticked off, now would be the perfect time to get it, but instead I have to think of something else to do now.

Unless it magically arrives late.

Usually between 10 and 12, but it's Easter Saturday so it might be different times today.

It best be. Does your Mum know, because if it is and it does arrive today people will learn that humans do hibernate.

Will it say on the R

FUCK IT JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe it. Im holding it in my hands.

After 3 years wait.

Mine...

What a nice co-incidence!

Has anyone seen Celebi yet in the game? I have had loads of 99 lives matches with nothing but Pokeballs and I have still not seen him. Seen loads of Mew and Jirachi though :)

I saw both Celebi and Jiarchi in like my third ever brawl match, useless celebi, i really needed a good pokeball! Made me giggle a bit when afterwards it said that they're rare sights, two in one match! Not seen Mew yet though, he'll probably pop up eventually.

I'm not up for farming yet, or looking up how to unlock characters(got sonic, ganon, marth, luigi and captain falcon so far). Just looking to get them all along the way sort of thing. Not played much SSE except the other night, planning on finishing it off with my mate, maybe. Been hitting up classic and events really, good stuff. Had a few brawls, and a few mates round for some, am liking it. Overall, it feels different to Melee in a way I can't place, but I've gotten used to it now, only the changed dodging bothers me a bit, as well as some slowdown of stuff like trasforms and the baseball bat.

Online, my first few matches had no lag, but lately I'm getting more here and there, can be reallly annoying lagging bad in a match. :shakehead

I hate to say it, but Brawl can feel a tad boring at times. (no lynchings pls). The SSE just feels like something I have to do - I'm not playing it because its fun, just to do it. The lack of leaderboards is really sickening and subtracts any air of depth from the online experience.

You know what? I agree with you quite alot on that point. I still think it was worth the £40 though, but it does feel a bit boring at times, but I'm putting it down to not having discovered all of its brilliance yet. The SSE's story is just fucking sublime though, absolutely love the cutscenes!

Wow this is much better than I thought it would be and it definetly has a much different style.

Dunno how anyone can say samus and bowser have weak Final Smash.

Man this is cool.

Well get your FC up over in the meetup thread, there are usually a few people up for Brawling after about 9pm.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!