N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I'll only buy it again if NoE keep sending updates to the Wii that prevent the Freeloader being used. Fingers crossed that won't happen.

King V, I'll add your FC tonight if you want to add me. My code's under my avatar.

EDIT: Woo - 500th page! :yay:

Added ya! I'll be on till about 5pm. Then be back on at about 1am. :)

I hadn't noticed...Depends what TV's used too though.:)

Kurtle, lets Brawl! Also Olimar isn't THAT bad actually. He gives continued damage easily.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahaha! that was LOL material! The lag tho ...:/...But my light arrows pwned you. That was cool. What was that? 8-2 to me? See how I took the Final Smash off of you with the Star rod? :p

Shadow, I love you man! :D

I'm not sure of the scores but I know I one twice. Some Sudden Death Matches were funny. I throw a bomb and it hits both of us and we go flying off at the same time.

Lag was terrible and I ended up doing n00b or wrong moves which was annoying. And damn you getting every Smash Ball. I beat it up then you hit it once and you get it >_<

Hopefully next time it won't be so laggy.

I'm not sure of the scores but I know I one twice. Some Sudden Death Matches were funny. I throw a bomb and it hits both of us and we go flying off at the same time.

Lag was terrible and I ended up doing n00b or wrong moves which was annoying. And damn you getting every Smash Ball. I beat it up then you hit it once and you get it >_<

Hopefully next time it won't be so laggy.

LOL. That sudden death was crazy. The lag could be coming from my crappy BT wireless...But for now, I think it works best on simple stages. That Fire Emblem one had too much going on...Anyway, i'll be on if you ever need a come back. : peace:

:( ...Look on the bright side; I'm on it right NOW!!

Don't be a ****.

I'm all for hardships, I think it makes people better people; but why does God* "attack" my Wii?

*I don't believe in God, but if I did, I wouldn't "support" him and his sickness, and his disgusting human creations.

Ha i'll be playing you so I can beat you! Then with no lag I can do the moves I want. I jump then try to turn around and slash but I don't turn and start an attack T_T Evil lag.

Last night be and SSJ had an hour long match with Pokemon only. I won 104 to 76. I played Lucario for the first time and considering I don't like him too much I done alright :heh:

Ok, something really disturbing happened last night playing Brawl. During online play in the practice bit the music started to stutter and then the game froze and I got a message saying 'There has been an error. Please eject the disc and turn off the power'. I assumed it was a one off, something to do with the dodgy online. Loaded the game again (with freeloader) and this time it got halfway through the intro sequence, stuttered again, but recovered, then later in the menus I got the same Error screen.

Loaded Prime3 which seemed to work ok, so tried Brawl again. This time it wouldn't even startup the disc. I also had to put the freeloader in twice before it recognised it and did the 'bars' thing. After another power down I tried Sonic and the Secret Rings and SSX Blur and neither would load up!

I'm not sure if this is related to the 'dual layer problem'.. how could the laser suddenly have got dirt on it when it's been playing Brawl fine for nearly a week?? For the record, I don't believe the bullshit Nintendo are giving out about 'dusty' lasers. Also if launch Wiis can't read dual layer very well Nintendo must have REALLY gone cheap on the parts, as even the most crappy dvd player/drives do dual layer no probs - this is STANDARD. The worrying thing is that a lot of US and Jap owners of Brawl have had this issue.

Have any of you guys with the US Brawl noticed how noisy the Wii is when playing? I must emphasise though, it has been playing fine since last wed. I've completed SSE, unlocked all characters and stages, played hours and hours of multplayer, events etc and all without a hitch.. until now! Also never had any trouble with the Wii before at all, and I've had it since launch.

Decided I wouldn't try anything again til today - let the Wii 'calm down' a bit lol. Any advice on what I could do? And sorry to intrude on the Brawl joy! You can imagine I'm devastated not being able to play it all of a sudden..:wtf:

I love unlockables in games hence my gamerscore on the 360 :)

Im on doing the 100 hour challenege at the moment. Im at work but I have left my game on with 4 pads in which makes the challenge only 25 hours long. It kind of defeats the object by doing it this way but I doubt I will play that long on Vs mode especially as the online matches dont count towards the total.

I love them too when there's good incentive to do them (trophies), you won't see me going out of my way just to get gamerpoints on 360 though lol

King, I'll ya later, you might beat me right noe because I dont have time to play, but once I do, you'll get the ass whooping of your life.

Ok, something really disturbing happened last night playing Brawl. During online play in the practice bit the music started to stutter and then the game froze and I got a message saying 'There has been an error. Please eject the disc and turn off the power'. I assumed it was a one off, something to do with the dodgy online. Loaded the game again (with freeloader) and this time it got halfway through the intro sequence, stuttered again, but recovered, then later in the menus I got the same Error screen.

Loaded Prime3 which seemed to work ok, so tried Brawl again. This time it wouldn't even startup the disc. I also had to put the freeloader in twice before it recognised it and did the 'bars' thing. After another power down I tried Sonic and the Secret Rings and SSX Blur and neither would load up!

I'm not sure if this is related to the 'dual layer problem'.. how could the laser suddenly have got dirt on it when it's been playing Brawl fine for nearly a week?? For the record, I don't believe the bullshit Nintendo are giving out about 'dusty' lasers. Also if launch Wiis can't read dual layer very well Nintendo must have REALLY gone cheap on the parts, as even the most crappy dvd player/drives do dual layer no probs - this is STANDARD. The worrying thing is that a lot of US and Jap owners of Brawl have had this issue.

Have any of you guys with the US Brawl noticed how noisy the Wii is when playing? I must emphasise though, it has been playing fine since last wed. I've completed SSE, unlocked all characters and stages, played hours and hours of multplayer, events etc and all without a hitch.. until now! Also never had any trouble with the Wii before at all, and I've had it since launch.

Decided I wouldn't try anything again til today - let the Wii 'calm down' a bit lol. Any advice on what I could do? And sorry to intrude on the Brawl joy! You can imagine I'm devastated not being able to play it all of a sudden..:wtf:

Mine can read the disc barely any of the time, but when it's started it's fine. It's frustrating because on SUn morning I got it working 3/6 tries (had to run the update, then load game...then had to make save room, and load the game again).

Yesterday it took an hour to get going the 1st time, and just a few times that evening.

This morning I couldn't get it to work after 15 mins so I gave up.

The Wii's only loud for me when it's loading Events/Large Levels etc. But no noiser than when it's loading places on Metroid Prime 3.

I've emailed Nintendo about my Brawl problem (though just saying it was some of my games)...They haven't got back to me yet....Part of me doesn't expect them to..:(

On another note....The game seems no slower than Melee....What was all that fuss about?!

Guest Jordan

Although my Wii has had no issues actually running the game, loading times can be pretty bad when going between menus.

It could be due to the game being "forced" to load on the console.

Thanks for that Kurtle. Yes, I just checked back a few pages and saw that you were having trouble. I'm going to try again this evening. If the problem continues I'll send the Wii for repairs. I mean not playing Brawl out of the blue is one thing, but not loading anything is serious. It might be that my disc drive has given up the ghost.. I just find it highly suspicious that it happened while playing Brawl, which has caused so many people problems.

I love them too when there's good incentive to do them (trophies), you won't see me going out of my way just to get gamerpoints on 360 though lol

King, I'll ya later, you might beat me right noe because I dont have time to play, but once I do, you'll get the ass whooping of your life.

Right...Anywho, i'm in the lobby right now, waiting for any victims.

Got to play this again today... Bowser has really improved. If they hadn't removed L-cancelling, then Bowser would seriously be up there with the likes of Marth and Fox. Also played a bit as Falco, and he's very awesome too.

Freeloader came today, and hopefully Smash will arrive by the end of this week.

My copy still hasnt arrived. I am well and truly pissed off. If i doesn't come tomorrow im gonna jump out of my window again.

So annoying, I just want to get down and play a solid session.

Is everyone sure that there's no post til Sunday, id like hard evidence.

Checked with my mum (who works at Royal Mail), we get post on Saturday. :D

Yes, I really hope it comes tomorrow or then. Otherwise I will lose my soal.

Cheers, you're hoping for it to arrive soon too. Glad someone else is in the same boat. Even though I didnt expect it today, it still got me down a little bit. I hate anticipation.

Guest Maase

Shit, you're not gonna buy the European game again?

Bah, that way i can't play with you!!! :'(

Bah, i'l guess i'l have to choose the Laggy "Anyone" option

Shit, you're not gonna buy the European game again?

Bah, that way i can't play with you!!! :'(

Bah, i'l guess i'l have to choose the Laggy "Anyone" option

From what you say I take it that you cannot play a US version online from a PAL version?

Also, do you guys think these problems are due to the use of the Freeloader? Or do you think they are general problems with Brawl?