NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

EDIT: Since I did it for the last two:

pitcomparejn7.jpg

The other two were pretty much the same, but this actually differs a little and I don't know if it's for the best, I seem to like the previous one better. (hair, wings...)

- Simpler Wings

- Less shiny hair (and simpler hair, too)

- Fatter face

- Rings of light are now 3D, rather than 2D

- Robe has had a wash

- Pattern at bottom of robe simpler

- Less muscles

- Shorter hotpants

I'm not sure which one is better - the old one is a more realistic approach.

I prefer the old one, for all the reasons listed above, and because his face in the new one is rounder.

The new one fits the game much better, I think.

They should make a Wii Kid Icarus just for that bow sword piece of heaven.

Wasn't the other one art while this one's more like the in-game one.

Wasn't the other one art while this one's more like the in-game one.
kinda, the "art" is equal to the in-game icarus at stuff like his sandal fingers not being detailed, if it was intended for a render that would come without any effort. The old and new Mario and Link shots are completly feasible ingame too (and are infact the in-game models) so at the very least that kid icarus was proposed for in-game model or a target model, that since changed though.

Searching for the oldest in-game shots of the game (from E3) or the first trailer of the game the kid icarus model is already the newer one though.

Well, the old one looked like my Grandma, so I'm glad it's more rounded. (Not that I don't love my Grandma, but she ain't no "Kid Icarus".)

The old one was photoshopped and wasn't the in game model, if you check the trailer he was like he is now. Also, he's KID Icarus, so I think it makes more sense that he looks a little younger. In game, he always looked like that though.

What do the 'rings of light' do? Sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not!

pit_070525b-l.jpg

pit_070525c-l.jpg

They're there in both images. They're what create the energy arrows or something

Guys, its still in heavy development, and like not coming out anytime soon (definitely not this year). Thats what the Nintendo rep said anyway. Sorry

Guys, its still in heavy development, and like not coming out anytime soon (definitely not this year). Thats what the Nintendo rep said anyway. Sorry

Thats not what every other report has said...

Thats not what every other report has said...

But a nintendo rep knows more then iwata!

They're there in both images. They're what create the energy arrows or something
Oh I hadn't noticed they'd moved from his wrist to around the arrow!

Thought they just stayed around the wrist and were either there or not!

So, has anyone taken notice of the filenames of these icons? Just something that caught my interest.

world_b_01.gif

world_b_01

world_b_09.gif

world_b_09

world_b_10.gif

world_b_10

world_b_18.gif

world_b_18

Could be something to keep your eyes on, might give a hint on how many game series we can expect to be in the game. Just so you know, There were 14 game series in Melee (including the Smash Bros. series with characters like Master Hand).

It just looks like they have reduced the level of detail on Pit. Perhaps to make the game run more smoothly.

I was thinking, I think the old pictures of the characters are just concepts.

Look at Pit, most of his shadows are gone, under his sleave and in his boot.

Or maybe that's what the Wii could do until they thought, let's take out some of the detail to make an amazing online service...at least I hope so.

Or maybe that's what the Wii could do until they thought, let's take out some of the detail to make an amazing online service...at least I hope so.

Nah those wouldn't affect online (only if it somehow lowered the framerate too much), super smash isn't really pushing Wii boundaries, and I think it's intended, Melee ran at 60 frames for instance; this game while looking great runs comfortability on the hardware and it really doesn't need more graphically, they're creating quite a balance between cartoony and realistic so that's why I believe they aren't shading the characters realistically, as they'd contrast with characters like Pikachu and Kirby; imagine Soul Calibur with one of the characters being Pikachu or Kirby... It wouldn't feel right.

But they're searching for that equilibrium with this one; for instance that equilibrium in Kingdom Hearts was found by kinda flat shading them, and using simple (almost cell shading ready) textures and pit reminds me of that precisely.

the first Pit render had self shadowing, just like Link and Mario had a more "noir" feel to them before; It's not because they can't though; Soul Calibur 2 had self shadowing for example (and it was a game that, on arcade ran on PS2-based hardware just the same), it's because they don't want to.

Pit never appeared in-game like that though, I searched for the first images, he uses the larger, rounder face and it's not really noticeable, the first was perhaps too feminine, not to mention from afar it could appear too slim, they did go for the best trade off in there.

Shame for the wings and hair texture detail though, I liked them better.

That comparison image was a concept, it wan't even in the E3 trailer

E3:

PSP_Pit.jpg

Pit Now:

pit_070525a-l.jpg

Bohooo! No update today. :cry:

The site does say weekdays only.