NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I've totally lost hype for this game.

It's because of the non-existent release date and the dragging on....

Seriously, i wish Nintendo didn't bother showing us the game for most of 07 and 08, therefore we would know hardly anything about it etc..the whole point of a game is to be 'surprised' and that Dojo thing has technically told us everything!

You'll get your hype back a week or so before release, until then, i wouldn't bother reading or looking at any videos of the game....

Nintendo has ruined the hype in my opinion, they've dragged the release of this MILES to long...Unlike Mario Kart where we've got some details and then a release date, so it's much better!

It's going to be fun to try and get some great records in that mode, spent ages on it in Melee. Got 2563 meters with Ganondorf in Melee, probably won't be able to get that high (with one Ganon) in Brawl judging from that video.

Was Yoshi's down A the only way to score high on the home run contest?

Japanese Wii.

Bro, how does Sheik play? Has he (:p) really been nerfed in comparison to Melee?

Was Yoshi's down A the only way to score high on the home run contest?

No, the best way to score high is to use Bat Drop combos. This involves jumping over the bag dropping the bat and then performing some kind of mid-air attack to keep the bag on it's place. Then catch the bat again, rinse and repeat and finally hit it away at the last possible moment. Add some L-Cancelling and mid-air catches, and you can get pretty high scores. Ganondorf's World Record is a little over 3000 meters. I could get there if I could squeeze one more bat drop combo in, but I haven't been able to yet.

No, the best way to score high is to use Bat Drop combos. This involves jumping over the bag dropping the bat and then performing some kind of mid-air attack to keep the bag on it's place. Then catch the bat again, rinse and repeat and finally hit it away at the last possible moment. Add some L-Cancelling and mid-air catches, and you can get pretty high scores. Ganondorf's World Record is a little over 3000 meters. I could get there if I could squeeze one more bat drop combo in, but I haven't been able to yet.

Wait a minute, how did you get to hit the bat far with Ganondorf? From what i remember he hit the bag in an awkward style that just made the bag fly high vertically...Damn I was a n00b back then.

Wait a minute, how did you get to hit the bat far with Ganondorf? From what i remember he hit the bag in an awkward style that just made the bag fly high vertically...Damn I was a n00b back then.

What I do after the bat drop combos is called the reverse Warlock Punch. You grab the bat jump over the bag throw the bat up move left and use his standard B. (All from the right side of the bag of course) When the bat comes down it hits the bag into your standard B and makes it fly really far.

It's because of the non-existent release date and the dragging on....

Seriously, i wish Nintendo didn't bother showing us the game for most of 07 and 08, therefore we would know hardly anything about it etc..the whole point of a game is to be 'surprised' and that Dojo thing has technically told us everything!

You'll get your hype back a week or so before release, until then, i wouldn't bother reading or looking at any videos of the game....

Nintendo has ruined the hype in my opinion, they've dragged the release of this MILES to long...Unlike Mario Kart where we've got some details and then a release date, so it's much better!

I disagree. The hype is indeed ruined by the lack of release dates and so forth, but in my opinion, the Dojo only increased the hype by showing us small things from the game we would otherwise learn just when we booted up the game the first time around. What has ruined the hype, besides release bullshit, has been ourselves watching spoiler information and such. I long for the game, but am not really hyped anymore, because it's just so uncertain when we will get the game.

I actually sucked at this in melee. Is there any fool proof method of doing well (or really easy)? There's 2 stages you unlock from this so I kind of missed out.

By far the best VG cats comic in months. So damn funny.

OBJECTION!

?strip_id=254

(Tried to put the image in the post but didn't know how to so just linked to the site, but can anyone tell me how for future? Thanks in advance :) )

I actually sucked at this in melee. Is there any fool proof method of doing well (or really easy)? There's 2 stages you unlock from this so I kind of missed out.

If you're talking about the homerun contest, you can only unlock one stage and three trophies total from it. The easiest way to unlock the stage (get 400 meters with one character) is to use Ganondorf and use his Up-Smash until the time almost runs out, and then doublejump -> throw the bat up -> Warlock Punch (neutral B). I think that should go far enough to get the stage.

OBJECTION!

?strip_id=254

(Tried to put the image in the post but didn't know how to so just linked to the site, but can anyone tell me how for future? Thanks in advance :) )

You take the picture link by rightclicking and selecting copy imagelocation.

Then you should get something like this:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/080211.jpg

Then you put it in your post like this, without the stars:

[img*]http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/080211.jpg[/img*]

Then you should see this:

080211.jpg

There aren't nearly enough Assist Trophies.

PLEASE hurry with this Nintendo....I need my Luigi and Jigglypuff fix.

There aren't nearly enough Assist Trophies.

PLEASE hurry with this Nintendo....I need my Luigi and Jigglypuff fix.

Muddy Mole AT was a lie...:(

If only they bothered doing even that for PAL releases..

They have been. Advance Wars: DC is written in English, and I've noticed a few others I think too. Of course, Tingle was only in proper English; even with an "Ooo Arr" from a Farmer ^_^

It wont be Autumn

I can guarantee you it

It will be July at the VERY latest

But I'm hedging bets now on May to Early June

I reckon that too.

Question: If owning a US version of Brawl in Europe, is it still possible to play online?

Of course you can, but the game and console are region locked. Basically you'll only be able to play with people in the US.

Of course you can, but the game and console are region locked. Basically you'll only be able to play with people in the US.

Thats great! I've got one eye on that wii freeloader topic ^^

[brawl song] Da-dadadaaaaaaaah [/brawl song]

trying home run now. specifics moves with ganon?

i got 388.3 m with him without looking for cheaty methods

Bah, you know what? Im not gonna risk with that Freeloader thing :\

I can live up with waiting, it just makes me happier when i play the game ^^

And... that way i can play Bully before ^^