NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I hate him mainly because of Diddy Kong racing 64 and Mario Tennis :P

Even though Diddy Kong racing 64 was about him, I would've much preferred if he wasn't in it! His voice, his always trying to shoot me, and him always being EVERYWHERE made me want to kill that monkey...

And Mario Tennis, well, who wouldn't hate him after playing against him in SO MANY SINGLES MATCHES!? It was always, hit, hit, Diddy Kong's stupid banana move to get the ball! Hit, hit, Diddy Kong's other stupid move...

Why do people hate Diddy Kong so much?

Rare donkey characters were infected with same disease sonic character seem to in that the more they add the more people hate them..

I know diddy kong wasn't made by rare but still. People hate diddy kong like they hate tails..

I blame the cartoon for diddy kong. His voice was awful in it.

Todays Update: Assist trophy Mr Resetti:

assist08_070926a.jpg

It’s Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing. At long last he makes his appearance!

assist08_070926b-l.jpg

Th-there he is!!!

I’m just going to come out and say it: when Mr. Resetti appears, all he does is lecture you. Whether you’ve reset the game or not, he just lectures...

Huh? What’s that, Mr. Resetti?

assist08_070926c-l.jpg

Oh! Umm... Sorry about that...

assist08_070926d-l.jpg

Uh... Umm... I suppose you would. My mistake...

assist08_070926e-l.jpgassist08_070926f-l.jpg

assist08_070926g-l.jpgassist08_070926h-l.jpg

assist08_070926i-l.jpgassist08_070926j-l.jpg

(...This is so long...)

With Mr. Resetti, you can enjoy these terribly appreciated lectures even in Smash. He’s an Assist Trophy like no other.

assist08_070926k-l.jpg

The Japanese section of the site has different pictures:

assist08_070926b-l.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/index.html

At first, I thought we would finally see the playable AC character. Not today, it seems.

Maybe that's just me, but the mentioned reasons for hating Diddy seem a little shallow, don't they? Meh, I hate Captain Falcon simply because he seems so bragging.

Okay.

I'm gunna go ahead and call that the most insane thing i've seen so far.

It'll be funny the first few times, but not when he starts repeating things you've already heard loads of times before..

Whats with all the Diddy Kong hatred I see up there?? He's a great character as are all those guys from the DKC games... right the way through from the Family Kong down to the lowliest Kremling, Rare made some great characters with loads of, er, character.

I just wish Nintendo would put them all to use a bit more... something like Funky Kong's Surfs Up! has potential...

Why do people hate Diddy Kong so much?

It's because he's Black <_<....Okay Brown....<_<...>_>....Okay a 'deep bronze'. :D

I think Diddy is fine, i think people just started to hate all the Kong's coming out of Rare.

I bet there are more Kong characters than Sonic ones...

Mr. Resetti = Awesome.

I don't really like the concept of Animal Crossing, but the idea of Resetti is pretty good.

Do you think he can make characters fall asleep? :grin:

I'm wondering who will be the AC playable character now. I was sure it would be Resetti. :sad:

And I didn't know Diddy was so hated. He's the 2nd best of the Kong clan (Cranky comes first).

Seriously, I would take the DK Rare cast than the evergrowing Sonic cast, which just seems to add lame characters with every installment.

Cream? Silver? Big? And the DS games inroduced (at least) two more characters. I'm pretty sure very few people will care for them after a while.

By the way, I never played DK64 so I don't know the Rare characters there.

Are they even worse than the recent Sonic characters or something?

The generic animal crossing character you play the actual game with, as either boy or girl i'm guessing as per a previous comment I made will be the playable character and you can select skins/costumes between the boy and girl character.

If this is the case, I don't like the chances of Miis being playable as well...

Or maybe this guy?

kappn.gif

I stumbled across Sakurais poll (characters recommended multiple times) again and the following occured to me:

King Dedede(5)

Diddy Kong(4) <-- CONFIRMED as playable character

Geno(4)

Ike(4) <-- CONFIRMED as playable character

Ridley(4)

Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)

Krystal(3)

Takamaru(3)

Windwaker Link(3)

Animal Crossing MC(2)

Claus(2)

Demiru(2)

Isaac(2)

Jeff(2)

Kawasima(2)

King K.Rool(2)

Lip(2)

Lucas(2)

Mega Man(2)

Oguma(2)

Ouendan(2)

Sukapon(2)

For some reason, where I got this from Sonic isn't there, but was the most requested character so it'd be safe to say, Sonic is the megaton character that is going to be unveiled. In terms of the list above, anything less than 3 is stretching it and is very likely to be an assist instead, if even in the game at all. That leaves us with the following characters:

King Dedede(5)

Geno(4)

Ridley(4)

Krystal(3)

Takamaru(3)

Windwaker Link(3)

I reckon most here will make the final roster, except maybe Takamaru and/or Windwaker Link...

I am going to make an estimated guess, No Megaman in the final game, King K Rool will an assist and only one character with (2) will make the cut and that'll most likely be the Animal Crossing character or possibly Claus/Lucas seeing that Melee was supposed to originally have two Earthbound characters...

For some reason, where I got this from Sonic isn't there, but was the most requested character so it'd be safe to say, Sonic is the megaton character that is going to be unveiled. In terms of the list above, anything less than 3 is stretching it and is very likely to be an assist instead, if even in the game at all. That leaves us with the following characters:

I believe Sonic was the most requested third-party character and that was a different poll.

I really like this update, Resetti is awesome. At first I thought he would be a playable character, as I only saw his name, but it's still good he's in. I wonder how many different lectures you can get.

And about Diddy, I just don't like him. I find him a bit annoying.

Hmmm...actually looking back at it...Resetti will dispaly the intelligence of the Wii. I mean since it knows and detects the characters that are fighting maybe Resetti can also give out slap-happy details about characters, such as like Link wearing a 'skirt' or something like that. 'Tis okay.

It will also be funny when someone is in REAL need on an AT, like when you have 300% damage.

The generic animal crossing character you play the actual game with, as either boy or girl i'm guessing as per a previous comment I made will be the playable character and you can select skins/costumes between the boy and girl character.

If this is the case, I don't like the chances of Miis being playable as well...

Or maybe this guy?

kappn.gif

AC main characters are lame. I've seen many decent looking characters (K.K. Slider, Mr. Resetti) in the franchise, but the main character ain't one of them.

Miis would be better choices.

That Kappa looks alright, but is he important to the series?

I stumbled across Sakurais poll (characters recommended multiple times) again and the following occured to me:

King Dedede(5)

Geno(4)

Ridley(4)

Krystal(3)

Takamaru(3)

Windwaker Link(3)

Animal Crossing MC(2)

Claus(2)

Demiru(2)

Isaac(2)

Jeff(2)

Kawasima(2)

King K.Rool(2)

Lip(2)

Lucas(2)

Mega Man(2)

Oguma(2)

Ouendan(2)

Sukapon(2)

In terms of the list above, anything less than 3 is stretching it and is very likely to be an assist instead, if even in the game at all. That leaves us with the following characters:

King Dedede(5)

Geno(4)

Ridley(4)

Krystal(3)

Takamaru(3)

Windwaker Link(3)

I reckon most here will make the final roster, except maybe Takamaru and/or Windwaker Link...

I am going to make an estimated guess, No Megaman in the final game, King K Rool will an assist and only one character with (2) will make the cut and that'll most likely be the Animal Crossing character or possibly Claus/Lucas seeing that Melee was supposed to originally have two Earthbound characters...

I wouldn't rely too much on that poll. I believe many responses weren't even featured.

-Dedede has one of the best chances among all nintendo characters. I'll be surprised if he's not in.

-Ridley is the most plausible Metroid character. I think he's the only popular Metroid character in Japan.

-Olimar's chances are pretty high. Created by Myamoto, great potential, unique concept... I say he's in.

-Krystal is probably going to be the only Starfox newcomer. The staff + magic combo is unique and she can stand out from all the high-tech gadgets the others have.

-Takamaru could work. His chances are pretty small, but if Marth and Pit got in, there' still a shot. The same can be said for Sukapon and every retro/japanese character.

-Wind Waker Link has even better chances than Young Link. I think he's in.

-Geno would have a better chance if he was actually owned by Nintendo. Unless Square lets go of him, there is barely any chance.

The remaining characters don't have a worse chance just because they only have 2 votes. I think Isaac, Megaman, Claus and AC character have pretty good chances.

Besides, I don't think anybody voted for Red/Squirtle/Charizard/Ivysaur and they still got in.

Hmmm...actually looking back at it...Resetti will dispaly the intelligence of the Wii. I mean since it knows and detects the characters that are fighting maybe Resetti can also give out slap-happy details about characters, such as like Link wearing a 'skirt' or something like that. 'Tis okay.

It will also be funny when someone is in REAL need on an AT, like when you have 300% damage.

That would be awesome. I can already imagine him mocking Snake for not being 1st party and Red for not actually fighting.

And could you imagine something along the lines of:

"What do you mean this Assist Trophy is your only hope? Let me tell you, items can't do all the work for you kids."

Do you think they'll make a Metroid an actual Assist trophy? It could fly around the level then stick on the face of whoever's closet making them take damage.

YEAH! I love Resetti and this trophy is true to him.

Do you think they'll make a Metroid an actual Assist trophy? It could fly around the level then stick on the face of whoever's closet making them take damage.

This one is a must. It was the fisrt idea coming to my mind when they unveilled assist trophies.

I'm also hoping for a cuckoo trophy unleashing chicken madness through the screen.

Damn, I was hoping for Mr. Resetti to be playable. I can't see Tom Nook as playble character. He looks weak and has no obvious weapon. Same with the main character.