NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I personally don't think it will be one ball per match and instead be completely random. So you could have a game with no smash balls and another with up to three maybe depending on the length of the game.

If you were playing 99 stock, one ball per match would be a bit pointless. I think they drop more than that, but they'll just be very rare.

If you were playing 99 stock, one ball per match would be a bit pointless. I think they drop more than that, but they'll just be very rare.

Exactly...

I wonder what would happen if a character picked up a second smash ball while still charged up with the power of the first one?

Perhaps you can't pick up any items when you're 'charged'.

Or more unlikely, it would be interesting if you could build up your smash power with each ball picked up, so that your final smash move gets stronger and stronger.

Well most probably it'll be like the bunny hood and the metal block. You can only get one of those at a time as well. So if you pick up a second Smash ball, you'll still only have one, except you will have prevented other players from getting one as well. You would still be at an advantage then.

Well most probably it'll be like the bunny hood and the metal block. You can only get one of those at a time as well. So if you pick up a second Smash ball, you'll still only have one, except you will have prevented other players from getting one as well. You would still be at an advantage then.

That gave me an idea. What if 2 different players had a smash ball at the same time! Mutiplayer Mayhem I tell you:laughing:

yay!

No, seriously!

By Steven Mayo - May 24, 2007

According to GameSpot, today's Nintendo Summit in Seattle was for more than laurel standing, which is maybe a surprise considering the phenomenal success of the both the Nintendo Wii and DS. Nintendo of America president, Reggie Fils-Aime, actually had the words everybody wanted to hear: Super Mario Galaxy will be coming out in 2007.

While the title had never officially slipped into next year, the growing community consensus, burgeoned by expecting the typical Nintendo strategy of spreading out the triple A's, had made us at CADMedia all but certain we'd be seeing this one after Super Smash Bros. Brawl's 2007 confirmation, but if the Regg-inator says otherwise...we're not ones to argue.

Also at the summit, Fils-Aime confirmed the already late The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for 2007 as well. This DS extension of the Wind Waker timeline was originally slated for a late 2006 release.

No official dates have been set for any of the games.

source is http://www.cad-media.com/mediaitem.php?mid=339&c=ds which took the details from http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6171394.html

As long as there's no shitty animations with these "final smashes" (a la Mario Power Tennis) then these should work really well. But how does it get used though? When you pick up the smash ball, do you use your final smash straight away? Or can you wander around with it in your hand and choose when and where to use it? More importantly, how good will these final smashes actually be?

Regarding comparisons to the hammer, the hammer was the most overrated item ever, so it could turn out that these final smashes are too overrated.

As long as there's no shitty animations with these "final smashes" (a la Mario Power Tennis) then these should work really well. But how does it get used though? When you pick up the smash ball, do you use your final smash straight away? Or can you wander around with it in your hand and choose when and where to use it? More importantly, how good will these final smashes actually be?

Regarding comparisons to the hammer, the hammer was the most overrated item ever, so it could turn out that these final smashes are too overrated.

I think the Final Smash's will be fairly useful but not so powerful that they destroy the gameplay. I trust Nintendo will get the balance right.

Also the website's description suggests that they don't necessarily have to be used immediately. However as previously stated, there will probably be an allocated time limit before the effect expires.

Also I for one wouldn't mind a short couple second long animation because although it will break up the action for a short while, it would put emphasis on the importance of the final smash.

Thou speaketh wisely. *Gives Zelda_Rulez a cookie*

I suppose there's a risk that the Smash Balls may be fun at first and very annoying after a time, but I am hoping the game will

a) give the Smash Ball item sparingly.

b) offer the usual high degree of customisation which lets you turn them off. Or turn off everything except Smash Balls. :smile:

There's a little thing called the "item switch".

*eats cookie* :smile:

It would be fun if there was an event like the legendary pokemon event in Melee, where only smash balls appear. (And often too) Even better if there was an option to do this in a normal fight. It'll be utter chaos. :D

b) offer the usual high degree of customisation which lets you turn them off. Or turn off everything except Smash Balls. :smile:

I think that may be likely. However the fact that smash balls aren't under the items section may suggest that they will not be able to be manipulated the same way items can be. *maybe*

They'll eventually do one update on the Smash balls. Maybe there is still more to them than you'd think... or not.

I disagree, I think it was very useful when there's lots of other players in a small area and it was difficult to get a final smash move away.

Okay sometimes the hammer head fell off but it was a risk worth taking.

The hammer head itself is actually one of the most powerful items in the game I think.

*eats cookie*

'cuse me? :shakehead

Anyhoo, I don't think the Final Smash will ruin the gameplay. I don't think it will occur very ofter either. And it'll be fun to see all the players leg for it to get it first! A "Holy Grail" of some sorts. Kirby seems to miss it entierly, though.:heh:

And I still want my Mii to be a playable character... That site needs a "contact" link. :D

what does that symbol actually stand for?

What do you mean. It doesn't really stand for anything, it's just the Smash Bros logo.

Probably uber power up. wicked.

we've just been saying its the smash ball, but i dont know what the symbol actually means. its in the N64 version and melee.

What do you mean. It doesn't really stand for anything, it's just the Smash Bros logo.

okay, its just i thought that it would stand for something, just a logo then.

probs best trailer for the game:

we've just been saying its the smash ball, but i dont know what the symbol actually means. its in the N64 version and melee.

okay, its just i thought that it would stand for something, just a logo then.

probs best trailer for the game:

The one on the site is better quality.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/movies/movie02.html

After studying the trailers in more depth, I can definately say that Pit has at least 2 midair jumps. So Pit has 3 jumps (plus his up b) but could have more.

finalsmashtt4.png

finalsmash2wg1.png

Print screened from Youtube

what does that symbol actually stand for?

looks like fantastic four.

I'm pretty sure all you "hardcore pro wavedashing" ssbm players will bitch about brawl, because it's not the same game. I just know it.