NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

1 day now, is it? It would be good if they chose this game to launch the Wii Demo Channel tomorrow. It won't happen though.

I still want Vaati to be playable. :(

I can't image Wii demo's being compressed enough to get on 512 memory anyway. They'd have to be brought down to 100 mb at maximum.

If there were demos on the Wii, the best idea would be to just download a few, smaller files, then the rest are streamed on while you play, and are deleted as soon as you quit.

Yeah but why would you want to choose to get good with a character who ultimately will beat very few people!

Most people are going to choose a character good enough to develope into an ultimate fighter; you play to win!

Ignorance is bliss

I play games for fun anyway. I don't appreciate being told who to play as and i won't read so much into a game that i actually study how to win.

I can't image Wii demo's being compressed enough to get on 512 memory anyway. They'd have to be brought down to 100 mb at maximum.

They wouldn't need to. Just make people buy SD cards

Its not like a 2GB card costs much these days (Under £20)

Some HD and online demos on Xbox 360 can be as low as 170MB, lower or higher even.

I play games for fun anyway. I don't appreciate being told who to play as and i won't read so much into a game that i actually study how to win.
Well I suppose it depends what you want out of the game; if you are just going to play the game for multiplayer every now and again then fine, but if you want to unlock all the trophies/beat all the event matches etc... you have to put the effort in!

Well I suppose it depends what you want out of the game; if you are just going to play the game for multiplayer every now and again then fine, but if you want to unlock all the trophies/beat all the event matches etc... you have to put the effort in!

I unlocked EVERYTHING in melee apart from the play X amount of game messages and I still wouldnt class myself as a great multiplayer person.

Playing vs the AI and vs a Human require different types of skill IMO.

Just out of curiosity.If you verse a level 9 char,how many lives do you lose and who is it against.Also what level can you verse 3 computers at without dying (Is it a lvl 6,5,6, or three level 7's or something)

When playing against the AI I play with default settings unless I need to play on a higher level to unlock something.

I can easily beat three level 9's all against me. This is because I can just exploit the not very complicated AI (an example is constantly rolling around Link to make him extend his hookshot).

However playing against computers isn't really good for practice, as human players will use diverse tactics and such and the moves you've been using to beat computers will often not work.

Gentlemen, we are now into the last 24 hours. I think it's time for a comic:

2006-07-05.png

Where are those awesome comics from? Samus' back is awesome, backs being on of my many fetishes.

Mewtwo's being considered one of the worst characters in the game? That's bullshit, he's just extremely hard to master, but he has some really strong moves, and his jumping capabilities are worth every bit of training! Also, his throw is lovely.

No character is better than any other, some are just easier to master than others. At some time, I tried to beat Event 51 with Pichu, even almost succeeded, if I hadn't put the game down "for good" then.

That's the reason for Roy and Marth and many others being used by a fair deal of players: they are easy to master. I hate using them, though.

Erm thats bullshit. Fox is easily the hardest character to master in the game due to the fact that it requires near impossible reflexes to master him. The same can be said about Falco. marth is really high up on the tier list because if you perfect spacing with him you'll be untouchable (literally) but spacing that good is almost impossible.

It's impossible to actually master a character because there are so many variations of playing technique. You look at Ken's fox play and he barely goes for a waveshine combo; he is far less technical than other fox's yet his tactics (or mindgames, or whatever you wanna call them) are alot better than other players; he reads the game better than anyone else. Other fox players however can be extremely technical, pull off amazing combos but they can still be beaten.

Also, Mewtwo is one of the worst characters in the game, because of the following reasons:

-he has no strong finishing moves that can be combo'd into.

-He struggles to combo.

-he's floaty so dies very quickly.

-While his throws are good, it's very hard to get grabs in against good players, and even you can grab them, they can DI well and not die.

What I'm trying to say is that there are some characters that ARE better than others. I mean, why is Roy barey used a tourny level, whereas Fox's can be seen everywhere? it's because even when you learn all the techniques with Roy and develop a fighting style, he his slightly inferior to other characters. I mean, if two people had the same skill level and fought each other, and one used Fox and the other Roy, you'd expect Fox to win, because he has more potential, HOWEVER what this doesn't mean is that the low tier characters CAN'T beat the higher tier characters.

It's about strategy, not just technical skill.

Ignorance is bliss

Erm. No one is telling you who to play as...

And why the hell would you 'study' how to win. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about do you?

Where are those awesome comics from? Samus' back is awesome, backs being on of my many fetishes.

Um... the site is on the right :P

They have pretty good comics.

Erm thats bullshit. Fox is easily the hardest character to master in the game due to the fact that it requires near impossible reflexes to master him. The same can be said about Falco. marth is really high up on the tier list because if you perfect spacing with him you'll be untouchable (literally) but spacing that good is almost impossible.

It's impossible to actually master a character because there are so many variations of playing technique. You look at Ken's fox play and he barely goes for a waveshine combo; he is far less technical than other fox's yet his tactics (or mindgames, or whatever you wanna call them) are alot better than other players; he reads the game better than anyone else. Other fox players however can be extremely technical, pull off amazing combos but they can still be beaten.

Also, Mewtwo is one of the worst characters in the game, because of the following reasons:

-He struggles to combo.

-While his throws are good, it's very hard to get grabs in against good players, and even you can grab them, they can DI well and not die.

What I'm trying to say is that there are some characters that ARE better than others. I mean, why is Roy barey used a tourny level, whereas Fox's can be seen everywhere? it's because even when you learn all the techniques with Roy and develop a fighting style, he his slightly inferior to other characters. I mean, if two people had the same skill level and fought each other, and one used Fox and the other Roy, you'd expect Fox to win, because he has more potential, HOWEVER what this doesn't mean is that the low tier characters CAN'T beat the higher tier characters.

And why the hell would you 'study' how to win. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about do you?

Now you really are taking it too seriously xD

Um... the site is on the right :P

They have pretty good comics.

Never saw that, cheers.

Infomation on what we know so far:

Characters:

Returned characters

Mario

Link

Pikachu

Kirby

Samus

Fox

New Characters

Wario

Zero Suit Samus (not confirmed if she's a transformation of Samus yet)

Solid Snake

Metaknight

Pit

Semi-confirmed

Yoshi (He has a stage but hasn't been shown yet.)

Stages:

-Mario Circuit

-Yoshi's Island (Changes seasons)

-Pokemon Stadium

-Starfox Lylat Planetary Orbit

-Shadow Moses/Alaska

-Angel Land

-Battlefield

-Fire Emblem Castle Stage

-Halberd Stage (Meta Knight's Ship)

Now you really are taking it too seriously xD

I'll stop now. but yer, i'm a quick typer, so it took like 2mins to type up, so meh, think whatever you want :heh:

Also, i want the info NOW! god it's agony waiting to recieve new info. Hope krystal is announced :D

Characters:

Returned characters

Mario

Link

Pikachu

Kirby

Samus

Fox

New Characters

Wario

Solid Snake

Metaknight

Pit

Semi-confirmed

Stages:

-Mario Circuit

-Pokemon Stadium

-Shadow Moses/Alaska

-Angel Land

-Battlefield

Havent you posted this already Dante?

Don't worry, it's just a minor software glitch in his system. :heh:

Does anyone else feel like it's the day before Christmas or something? Just to get some bleeding' info on the game? By the time they finally release the thing I think I may explode.

Characters:

Returned characters

Mario

Link

Pikachu

Kirby

Samus

Fox

New Characters

Wario

Solid Snake

Metaknight

Pit

Semi-confirmed

Stages:

-Mario Circuit

-Pokemon Stadium

-Shadow Moses/Alaska

-Angel Land

-Battlefield

I'd add a "very likely to return" list:

Donkey Kong

Luigi

Jigglypuff

C Falcon

Ness

Peach

Bowser

Zelda

Ganondorf

I'd be very surprised if any of those characters got dropped.

Don't worry, it's just a minor software glitch in his system. :heh:

Does anyone else feel like it's the day before Christmas or something? Just to get some bleeding' info on the game? By the time they finally release I think I may explode.

It feels like E3 never went away!

Just out of curiosity.If you verse a level 9 char,how many lives do you lose and who is it against.Also what level can you verse 3 computers at without dying (Is it a lvl 6,5,6, or three level 7's or something)

I played against a lvl 9 Ganondorf with a Jigglypuff once. That's the only time I was bothered playing against a lvl 9. I beat him then though there's no point in anymore.

What's the website address the info wil be up on?

-He struggles to combo.

You didn't come about all that knowledge through studying the game then?

I'd add a "very likely to return" list:

Donkey Kong

Luigi

Jigglypuff

C Falcon

Ness

Peach

Bowser

Zelda

Ganondorf

I'd be very surprised if any of those characters got dropped.

A while back ago they said that the "reskinned" characters would get remade from scratch, and be completely different.

That means that falco and ganondorf are sorta confirmed, as falco was a reskinned, slightly edited fox (stronger, but slower pistol is the only change I can see), and Ganondorf was a reskinned captain Falcon.