NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

So is this now gonna be the 4th time Ridley's gonna get his arse kicked? He doesnt take the hint.

what is it with nintendo and repetion things!

every mario and zelda game: princess gets captured

every pokemon game:collect badges

every metroid:fight ridley

still i love it

every mario game: princess gets captured

still i love it

theyve changed though, peach has to save mario in her game. :D

but yeah you cant complain if it works, improve on it a little and make it more fun = great sales and fun all around

So is this now gonna be the 4th time Ridley's gonna get his arse kicked? He doesnt take the hint.

Ridley_metroid.jpg

1.Ridley & Mecha-Ridley (Metroid:ZM)

2.Meta Ridley (Ridley + Mecha-Ridley) (Metroid Prime)

3.Phazon Ridley (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)

4.Super Ridley (Super Metroid)

5.Clone Ridley & Ridley-X (Metroid Fusion)

We have fight Ridley five times Zell. :awesome:

his best battle with samus is still super metroid which is still also the best metroid i believe.2d metroid>3d metroid even though it is ver very close

I don't think 3d Metroid could ever surpass 2d in my mind unless they pulled it off in third person somehow. I love the Prime games really, but I think there'd be so much more potential if they could pull a third person game off proper, that way it'd be possible for them to have a true space jump/screw attack, speed booster, proper wall jumping and other stuff too.

I admit it'd be really hard to do though, so I can see why they went with the Prime style.

Ridley_metroid.jpg

1.Ridley & Mecha-Ridley (Metroid:ZM)

2.Meta Ridley (Ridley + Mecha-Ridley) (Metroid Prime)

3.Phazon Ridley (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)

4.Super Ridley (Super Metroid)

5.Clone Ridley & Ridley-X (Metroid Fusion)

We have fight Ridley five times Zell. :awesome:

Cheers i never played fusion. How about bringing back Kraid (you never know)?

I don't think 3d Metroid could ever surpass 2d in my mind unless they pulled it off in third person somehow. I love the Prime games really, but I think there'd be so much more potential if they could pull a third person game off proper, that way it'd be possible for them to have a true space jump/screw attack, speed booster, proper wall jumping and other stuff too.

I admit it'd be really hard to do though, so I can see why they went with the Prime style.

i believe there will be another metroid on the ds.Just my guess

i cant ubderstand why u cant do the wall jump in first person.i mean whats the problem?

Ridley-X in Fusion was a daddy. A seriously hard looking last boss... shame he wasn't that hard to kill.

He wasn't the last boss! Omega Metroid was!

The spider, on the other hand, was the reverse: looked like piss, took me six months (yes, six months) to kill...still haven't beaten him again on my second run through...

He wasn't the last boss! Omega Metroid was!

The spider, on the other hand, was the reverse: looked like piss, took me six months (yes, six months) to kill...still haven't beaten him again on my second run through...

Yeah, some bosses in Fusion really kick your ass everytime you pass them. The spider and the gravity monster are really, really hard, but the Omega Metroid and Ridley are easy.

Oh, I wish Metroid Dread gets revived. Fusion still ranks number 2 in my best games of all time list so I would love a sequel :love:

i believe there will be another metroid on the ds.Just my guess

i cant ubderstand why u cant do the wall jump in first person.i mean whats the problem?

You can wall jump in prime 2 cant you? or am I just dreaming it up?

You can using the screw attack, but only on certain walls.

No, Kraid was originally planned for the original Prime, not Echoes.

Also by walljumping I mean TRUE wall jumping, as in kicking off any wall you want then rebounding back and forth, Super Mario 64 style. The true 2d space jump is kind of like wall jumping without any walls basically too, wherever you want in the air, which is what I'd like to see back too.

I actually think I just realised one of the reasons the Prime series has never really felt all that Metroidy to me, it's probably the jumps. In the 2d games you're spinning around practically everytime you jump, but in the 3d Prime titles since it's first person it's always straight vertical jumping until you have the screw attack.

Actually you can do the screw attack anywhere you want if you have room.

Actually you can do the screw attack anywhere you want if you have room.

Yeah but you cant use it to jump off walls whenever you want, that's all I was talking about, only at those specific wall jumping segments on special walls, of which there's like 3 or so in the entire game of Echoes. The screw attack really isn't even close to as cool as the 2d equivalent (space jump and screw attack combined) either , you can't gain height, only continually go forward. It's pretty much useless for killing enemies too where as the 2d one can obliterate almost anything, hence why you always get it near the end.

It could really only be done completely properly in a fully third person game.

I agree more or less, but I still think a 3D Metroid Prime should be (primarily) a FPS. I really hate 3rd person shooters, I never really enjoy playing them.. I didn't like Jet Force Gemini for example, and I'm probably in the minority here. I constantly used the 1st person view in that game, which is hard to do as you have to push a button (R I believe) contantly.

First of all, I just like the presentation of it.. Looking in 1st person view is cool in a lot of games, in Rogues Squadron for example, it's much cooler to have a view from behind your cockpit. In the case of Metroid, the visor is just awesome, and is a very cool way to implement a natural looking hud and interface.

Secondly, shooters feel more natural for me in FP view.. That's why I can't play TPS games.. Shooting feels akward.

So why do I generally agree more or less? It's only gameplay involving shooting where I can't play in 3rd person, things like platforming, Mario for example obviously, is best done in 3rd person. In Metroid, you change fluidly from 1st to 3rd person when you go in morphball mode. Doing morphball stuff would obviously feel akward in 1st person (I wouldn't even know how they'd do that). The screw "attack" was also in 3rd person, and should be, but they indeed should give you more control over the screwattack, and make it more like the original one, like said above. And I's also like to see general walljumping (not just on dedicated walls). Allthough I think this could be done in 1st person.. I even think it would be better that way. The rest of the game should be (and stay) in 1st person however, in my opinion.

To summarize:

The game's perfect as a 1st person shooter with 3rd person view elements, getting in and out morphball mode is done perfectly. They just should work some of the more advanced moves, like the screwattack.

To be honest it's mainly the speed booster I'd like third person for anyway, I really like the idea of running in third person, building up tons of speed then destroying all the rocks and enemies in my path just by barging through them. It's really hard to imagine how they could impliment the speed booster with first person, unless they just used bullet time as a substitute, but that'd blow.

That's actually what I think is one of the biggest differences with the 2D versions. Lack of speed and mobility.. You could really blast through levels, especially later when you have the speedboost and screwattack. I love the 3D games, but this is the thing I feel is missing in those.. Samus is pretty slow in 3D. They should increase her speed a little, or give the option to run.. She's fast in the 2D games, and most if not all FPS games have a running ability, so it would be nice if they included it. How'd you like this:

You can run, in 1st person view, while still being able to shoot stuff. If you go faster, they could include a nice little blur effect as one of those visor effects. If you're at the highest speed, you're visor would glow or something, and you can run through most enemies. Then, when you activate the shinespark, you switch to 3rd person.. Where you quickly determine your direction before you ehm.. Launch.

I can imagine it perfectly.. Too bad I don't work for Retro ;).

Dumb spanish guys posting fake images from ages ago lol

14jrr03.jpg

haha, loving the fake pic being posted, I've seen magazines do that before though, either post fake pics are real or post beta pics as final (happened all the time with new super mario brothers).

You know what i would really like? Maybe after the Prime trilogy. The return of the adult metroids, like the Omega metroid, not just that baby metroids we see. The game's called metroid for a reason, and that beings should be fearsome. Not a lot of them, maybe a boss, since they'r very big.

Fusion_1.png

Backround2.jpg