NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Hmm check out the 2nd, 3rd and last screenshots.

Gamedaily:

Then there's the howling. At specific points in the game, wolf Link has the ability to set events in motion through howling, similar to the way he unlocked things by creating music in The Wind Waker. The game plays out a tune, and then the player has to mimic the howl by manoeuvring a cursor along a pitch meter that runs high, medium, and low.

Can't wait to howl the Simpson's tunes.

i guess lake hyilia gets frozen or is that the ocean area,

i like the sceen from the trailer where link enters a wild west town.

Hmm check out the 2nd, 3rd and last screenshots.

The ghost solider has turn the Lake Hylia into ice?

Gamespot impression is very short. :blank:

Added more images. :)

Hmm

1UP:

Zelda's Wii controls have been greatly improved since E3, making the use of secondary weapons feel like second nature. Although the control scheme isn't entirely flawless, it allows for a level of precision and ease of use that's an encouraging surprise

GameDaily:

First off, the Wii mote control is fabulous. It's so intuitive and comfortable that it makes today's controllers (even the much heralded Xbox 360 game pad) feel archaic. The remote needs to be within range of it's sensor bar, and it's not uncommon to have to adjust it so that everything works in tandem, but for the most part, the remote is very flexible, allowing for on the lap as well as in the air play.

GoNintendo:

I felt it was extremely important to get others viewpoints instead of just my own when it came to the Wii’s control success rate. The honest overall opinion of myself, and the journalists that I talked to is this. If you play Twilight Princess on the Cube, we feel that you are missing out on an amazing experience. I just did what felt natural for what was going on in the game. Swinging the Wiimote and Nunchuck to perform Link’s attacks adds such a visceral experience to the game…it truly does further the entire Zelda experience. Using the Wiimote to control Link’s sword attacks is just too much fun. It worked for me 100% of the time.

Planet Gamecube:

The satisfying part is getting the lock-on with a moving target, and it's made much easier with the remote controller.

WARNING, GIANT CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE COMING QUOTE, DO NOT LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO (MIGHT GIVE AN EPILEPTIC SEIZURE).

WARNING, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS WHATSOEVER, I CANNOT PUT IN SPOILER BOX DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCEPT ENTER SPACES.

Lots of negative bits and bobs.

Well, none of that screams "WORST GAME EVER" to me so stop trying to hate the game. I'm fairly sure Zelda will be great, and I read you can always use the B button to swing the sword if the Wiimote controls aren't to your liking.

It was just a foundation of posting negative messages to see exactly how much the game will penalised, so far we have one person almost 100% certain that will penalise the game significantly [this being the Kotaku Guy], and we know that the other 9 or so will be scoring it very highly it seems which is good.

It was just a foundation of posting negative messages to see exactly how much the game will penalised, so far we have one person almost 100% certain that will penalise the game significantly [this being the Kotaku Guy], and we know that the other 9 or so will be scoring it very highly it seems which is good.

The reviews are just opinions. Play yourself and find out, looking for negativity is only setting yourself up for a fall.

Wow, all the good press is mind-boggling. And this thread is getting very dangerous. Will it be more fun to see secrets revealed while playing, than on a forum? I like to think so.

The good press also makes me think that people have been underestimating Zelda, and called it off as a simple sequel.

Wow, all the good press is mind-boggling. And this thread is getting very dangerous. Will it be more fun to see secrets revealed while playing, than on a forum? I like to think so.

The good press also makes me think that people have been underestimating Zelda, and called it off as a simple sequel.

I think we need a Zelda SPOILERS thread separate to the main thread.

This game is looking so good now.

You continue to argue that because the controls were originally designed for the GameCube pad there is no hope for the Wii build. You say that your arms will get tired using the Wii remote. You speak of mirrored worlds and right-handed Link. And you know what? It's all crap. If you buy Twilight Princess for GameCube and not Wii, you are a fool.

Now that's well put. :grin:

Just watched the trailer on IGN. I gotta say it made me very excited. :)

I second the call for two separate threads for this game - it'd make it a lot easier for both groups.

I read through Matt's impressions this morning, carefully trying to avoid the information about what you get up to in the first few hours of the game, and my level of excitement for this game, which was pretty high to begin with, is now absolutely through the roof. I never thought this game could rival OOT, but it really looks like it could now. Matt's comments about the game's length really made me happy, as did his comments about the Wii controls.

How are we supposed to wait five weeks now? They're going to seem very long, I can tell you, especially once November 19th arrives.

wasn't there meant to be another update from matt this morning ( night in usa)

2nd part of his impressions?

Matt Cassamina's preview has hyped me up WAY beyond healthy one month before release >_<

oh its been changed guys from tonight to saturday.

i gues that means it could be anytime today.

damn.

yea it got me really hyped up. i hate the though of waiting another 5 weeks or so.

SHIT

I just stumbled across the new screens when I really didn't want to.

those screens look amazing. Especially the village where you start off in.

Reading Matt's stuff on his 10 hour play through has got my mouth watering more. But i cant say cos of all these people wo dont want to know stuff.

yeai really wish i could also mouth off about this game in here,

but i dont wana spoil it for the people thatd ont wana know anything.

and i can honnestly say, after reading and watching everything there is out there for twilight princess, nothing has been spoild for me.

GOD! i hate this wait. zelda has taken over my life now, its all think about.

i made a real bad mistake by not pre-ording my Wii in GAME with TP.

I just hope that come DEC 8th, HMV ( where i ordered mine lol) better have gotten enough Wii's in store.