NEurope
Ashley

Metal Gear Solid 4 Discussion

Discuss any news or general game impressions of Metal Gear Solid 4 here. Its bound to be huge!

mgs4logo.gif

MGS4 Audio E3 special

Translation:

Snake: "War has changed. Nations are no longer about ideals, the profits are no longer for the people, mercenaries for the highest bidder, construction of unmanned weapons, an endless cycle of proxy wars. The wars that claim lives have changed into a business with no rational for pain.

War has changed. ID registrated soldiers, possessing ID registrated arms, using ID registrated weapons. Nanomachines within their bodies manages ability growth, as well as promotions. Genome control, information control, emotional control, battlefield control. Everything is managed and regulated.

War has changed. The times have shifted from deterrence to control, and with that the catastrophe of Weapons of Mass Destruction have been evaded. With the control of the battlefield possible, so then is the control of history.

War has changed. With the controlled management of battlefields, war has become an omnipresent thing."

Colonel: "Spread the fires of war, and attain the utopia that Big Boss preached of."

Campbell: "This improves the military results even further. As a result the so called Big Boss's ideal land will be restored."

Liquid: "Free yourself from the bonds of fate. Brother! We are free!"

Snake: "Were the armament of the PMCs overlooked?"

Meryl: "A perfect control management system has been introduced into the PMCs and the military."

Naomi: "Soldiers with nanomachines in their bodies are not allowed to point their guns at their clients."

Need to see loads more footage of this. I NEED IT......

It looks so awesome!

this looks good hpefuly as good as metal gear sold 1 2 and 3 i wasnt to keen on

The trailer was amazing, raiden looks amazing, but

snake suiciding?

, never he wouldn't do that, it's stupid. And

how the hell is ocelot still alive?

Longer trailer shown at the Konami conference. Carrie at Gamespot was basically creaming over it, lol.

Ocalot is alive, liquids arm has taken over him, you do realise ocalot escapes in the MGRAY at the end of mgs2 right?

but yes, snake is dying and its clearly foxdie, thats why naomi hunters in it

once again

Money.jpg

Raiden looks class.....doesn't lookn anything like the pussy he was before..

God, my penises came. All of them. See Sony, if you didn't suck so much and the PS3 wasn't so expensive I would buy one for this game, but now I won't tough luck. Minor gripe: continuing with this Liquid's arm bullshit. It's one of the most ridiculous things in videogame's history.

God, my penises came. All of them. See Sony, if you didn't suck so much and the PS3 wasn't so expensive I would buy one for this game, but now I won't tough luck. Minor gripe: continuing with this Liquid's arm bullshit. It's one of the most ridiculous things in videogame's history.

are u asking for realism in a metal gear game....?????

and there is a logical explanation for that

Seriously; this game is actually exciting me more than Zelda TP at the moment.

Kojima and Konami are the masters of videgame trailers in todays age imho. The way they schedule them and the whole make up of them just get your neck hairs tingling.

I'm going back to play 1 and 2 soon. Might even buy the new version of 3(the originals shite camera angle meant I never want to play that one).

What does the game actually look like? This is all trailer. Im believing more and more now that the PS3 graphics wont be much better than 360, on most games anyway.

What does the game actually look like? This is all trailer. Im believing more and more now that the PS3 graphics wont be much better than 360, on most games anyway.

Kojima says this is using the ingame engine. If he says so, I believe him.

Kojima says this is using the ingame engine. If he says so, I believe him.

It will be, the MGS games always use the game engine for cut scenes, but the actual gameplay despite using the same engine isn't half as impressive.

It will be, the MGS games always use the game engine for cut scenes, but the actual gameplay despite using the same engine isn't half as impressive.

Yep, he's correct here. Cut-scenes always look amazing, but when the gameplay cameras resume it's not half as impressive.

I love Metal Gear, but I ain't being held to ransom for this.

The choice to be made this E3 was whether to buy a PS3 or 360, and 360 is definetly the better option from the looks of it. Pro Evo end of this year....wicked.

Concerning the cutscenes, they are realtime and done in 30fps to add that film effect to it/and add extra fancy effects.

what is confirmed so far is that mgs4 will adopt the new camera style aswell as switch to the classic, also the middle east isnt the only location you're in.

i love the metal gear fishers in the 15min trailer. doing the splits on the wall.

90% of people who will buy a ps3 is basically for this game, so there u have it.

Isn't this game eventually coming to xbox360?

not as of yet, but it might do, Kojima said the 360 could run the game fine.

I remember people rumouring about 3 coming to Xbox, and it never did. It's usually the fanboys or just hopefuls that are crying because they won't have to buy a PS3 if it does.

Doesn't matter for me, I'm buying one. ^_^ Assassin's Creed! :>

My theory for raidens high heels is that they are used as springs for his really high jumps

oh and if u watch closesly at the 15min trailer u will notice another splinter cell parody/nod