N-Europe

how are gamespot forums in general?

KKOB

hey, i've just signed up to become a gamespot plus subscriber and i was wondering which people on these forums also use gamespots?

what do you think about them in general? they look really big and unfriendly unlike this fair forum here!

actually how many other forums do you visit/participate in regularly?

i've only been on here till now!

all i'm doing is trying to get the most out of my money and meet a few new people to get beaten against on metroid and mario kart-nowt wrong with that lol

:P

It is too big - too crowded. The forum lacks a lot of usefull features and the overall design is not very good.

Mostly I have to go back an endless amount of pages to a find my thread/posting from 2 hours ago.

Without a doubt I prefer this forum especially because it is not that huge - it is easier to understand someones point when you at least recognize him. But this is a problem IGN, GAF, ... have aswell - there is no way beyond it once you are huge.

I'm on Gamespot every now and again. As I subscriber, E3 is always boom time for my download limit. Except this year, when I can only download a 30kbps anyway. I am going to kill Greendog.

The forums their are fairly vicous sometimes. Don't go if you have a low tolerance for fanboys, though sometimes that is half the fun.

the best gaming forum has to be GAF

I go there very often to check on news, but their community is horrible. It's full of every kind of fanboys and trolls. They have a lot of news and photoshops tghough. I quite like Penny Arcade gaming forums.

I go there very often to check on news, but their community is horrible. It's full of every kind of fanboys and trolls. They have a lot of news and photoshops tghough. I quite like Penny Arcade gaming forums.

im basing on the fact that its the one i laugh at most, i swear everything gets photoshopped

Avoid Gamespot forums at all costs, especially the Nintendo related ones. It really is fanboy central. populated by the bigggest morons imaginable. Expect loads of ludicrous 3D-projection virtual reality based conspiracy theories in the run up to E3.

I used to go to the GameFAQ (same at GameSpot) alll the time, but since their hideous makeover I've stopped. It's ok... kinda big, you don't recognise anyone but Phange if you stay at the DS forum as I did. Also, some community are really nice and helpful especially if your specifically looking for somehting non game related. Have a look around.

I often post in the Phoenix Wright forums (ewilx), but other then that I feel its waaay to big to like, get to know people and stuff like you do at for example this forum. Also you can't paste stuff in that forum wich sucks balls! :(

I belive the GameSpot forums share the GameFAQs ones
that part true and my other forum I go on is gamefaqs but I never go on gamespot
I used to go to the GameFAQ (same at GameSpot) alll the time, but since their hideous makeover I've stopped.
I don't go to gamefaqs as much as I used to do due to the makeover they had