N-Europe

Virtual Console Theory Thread

Tellyn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, maybe a certain amount of storage like how a pc game requires x amount of megs or a gamecube requires x amount of blocks.

you should be able to get away with using sd cards if you need to or thumb drives if they are supported.

ndreamer, if Nintendo intend on including generic drivers for USB flash storage (perhaps with format) then I can't see why they wouldn't support a USB hard drive..

I don't see the point, Final Fantasy 11 will have extremely limited success on the 360.. and the same would apply to any non Pokemon online RPG for the Wii.

Leave it to the PCs.

According to DS-x2, the entire memory storage of the Wii wouldn't be enough to store one Saturn game, so unless these are ported to cheaper Wii discs to buy or if you have to buy several SD cards to store game files on, I doubt this will be available. :( I've just realised I've missed about ten consoles. DS-x2 also said something about PC Engine 32 games for the WIi's VC. When did this happen, and what the hell is it?

EDIT: I think the console support so far is:

NES

SNES

N64

GC (Backwards compatibility)

PC ENGINE 32

TURBOGRAPHX

GENESIS

MEGA DRIVE

MASTER SYSTEM

GAME GEAR

Game Boy games will have difficulty being ported. First reason is the resolution and graphics are very bad. Second reason is the design - if games are designed for a portable console it might not work well on a home console. I guess it'd be OK if they allowed for DS play though.

Game Boy games will have difficulty being ported. First reason is the resolution and graphics are very bad. Second reason is the design - if games are designed for a portable console it might not work well on a home console. I guess it'd be OK if they allowed for DS play though.

Using sd cards on the ds wouldn't be unfeasible.