NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Virtual Console Theory Thread

THis has been hinted at several times, and I am starting to be believe that some Virtual Console games will be released with Wii games, for instance with Smash Bros, get the N64 version bundled with it, along with something like Punchout. Buy Mario 128 and get a little collection of old Mario Bros. games. You get the idea. Also use this thread for other theories of the Virtual Console. My list of game bundles.

Super Smash Bros. Wii - Super Smash Bros. 64 and Punchout (NES?)

Donkey Kong Wii - Donkey Kong (NES/Arcade) and Donkey Kong 64

Super Mario 128 - Mario Bros. Collection

The Legend of Zelda Wii - ANy one of the old classics

I also think that promos will be available for certain times of the year, like get a short Wi-Fi Zelda/Mario/etc. puzzle game (kind of like Wario Ware) that you can keep at Xmas when you log in.

Game trading is also a possibility if you want a different game without buying, and would be quite convenient.

I think it's a good idea and better than the whole stars cataloge thing to give away the older classic version of a newly purchases Wii game as stated. Would make a lot of sense

Seen as we got OOT/Master Quest with Wind Waker - why not Wind Waker with Twilight Princess?eh,eh?

It's a nice way to add more value to a title. But if it costs a company $15 for each VC download they miss, I doubt it'll happen often.

It's a nice way to add more value to a title. But if it costs a company $15 for each VC download they miss, I doubt it'll happen often.

$15 - Too much IMO.

I know, but I've seen suggestions of prices like that for N64 games, and I think Nintendo won't hold back to ask such prices, especially for popular titles.

Iwata said the games will definitely not be free, they are analysing pricing structures and payment schemes from already established services like xbox live arcade.

Now it is debateable what he meant by this..

It could mean- you will have to pay for a back catalogue game whatever and no game will come free with a Wii game or any kind of promotion (iTunes + Pepsi/GAP)

It could mean- you will have to usually pay for them, but there are cases that when bundled with a promotional purchase you might get a game free.

eg. Buy Mario 128 and get Mario 64 free.

I think it is unlikely that when you buy a game you will get the corresponding past generation titles free.

Nintendo is working on digital rights management to protect their content.. we'll get demos from Nintendo WiFi based on this DRM, but I think that is as close to getting a back catalogue game for free.

I think pricing will be more expensive than we expect.. I'm happy with this because if they are cheap I will buy loads and spend too much time playing them. If they are more expensive I will be more inclined to choose wisely and spend what little time I have for games on a good one.

Quality time over quantity of time I say.

If your argument is- they need a promotion to get new people interested. Well why can't they just do what any other company would do, put a flyer in the box of each game explaining what it is, how to use it and how much it costs.

No one is going to buy a lot of games from the VC at $15, unless they were rich.

I don't think Wind Waker would be free with TP though, unless you wanted to pay about a tenner more for the game. I'd prefer it to come bundled with Tetra's Trackers or a ported Tingle RPG.

No one is going to buy a lot of games from the VC at $15, unless they were rich.
If a price of $15 or $20 for VC games generates the most profit then they will ask that price.

But thats about 8GBP (pound button on my computer won't work) per game.

EDIT: Just wondering if I get Majora's Mask or Ocarina on the VC, a possibility is that you will be able to carry on from your GC memory card from the Collector's Disk or Master Quest Special Edition. That would be cool.

Why are we creating theories for something we could know in .... 3days?

Well I thing there will be a free (or 2 if they are from nes) VC game with each game to wii. Simple as that and with special games they offer special downloads like zelda (offer you all the collection).

I think pricing will be more expensive than we expect.. I'm happy with this because if they are cheap I will buy loads and spend too much time playing them.

Speak for yourself :hmm:

I am pretty sure that there won't be the full library out by launch. Maybe a quarter to a half of the N64 library, three quarters NES games, about 2 thirds SNES, and probably not a lot of Sega and TurboGraphx. Hopefully the full library will be complete by next Xmas at the latest.

New VC wish list.

1. Game Boy Color and Classic games

2. Dreamcast and Saturn

3. Xmas, Easter and other occasions limited edition games that are Wi-Fi, and quite short.

4. Game and Watch games

5. Cheap and affordable library

6. SD cards to store the games on, and for play on your DS.

7. Stars Catalogue links to your Revolution Wi-Fi account so that you can buy games with stars

8. Games included with Wii purchases.

9. Multiplayer N64 games playable on Wi-Fi

10. Games bundled on system.

I am pretty sure that there won't be the full library out by launch. Maybe a quarter to a half of the N64 library, three quarters NES games, about 2 thirds SNES, and probably not a lot of Sega and TurboGraphx. Hopefully the full library will be complete by next Xmas at the latest.

7. Stars Catalogue links to your Revolution Wi-Fi account so that you can buy games with stars.

Firstly how on earth did you come up the fractions of games for each console, that's complete randomness.

Secondly i doubt number 7 would happen because people would keep visiting the site over and over again just to get points for the games.

Like the idea of Sd (what does it mean?) cards that you use on the ds, im assuming for nes,snes and gameboy only?

Firstly how on earth did you come up the fractions of games for each console, that's complete randomness.

Secondly i doubt number 7 would happen because people would keep visiting the site over and over again just to get points for the games.

Like the idea of Sd (what does it mean?) cards that you use on the ds, im assuming for nes,snes and gameboy only?

Yep, the fractions are just randomness, just my approximations of how many games will be available at launch.

True about number 7, though they could make it so that instead of the bundled with games idea, you get so many games when you achieve a set number of stars from registering the Wii and games.

(No idea what SD means, storage device?) Yep you play NES, SNES and possibly Game Boy games on your DS. Maybe a reason why Game Boy games were not functional on the DS, they were waiting for the Wii to be out and functional with the DS.

True about number 7, though they could make it so that instead of the bundled with games idea, you get so many games when you achieve a set number of stars from registering the Wii and games.

If what Nintendork said came true that would backfire in the form of your idea. I really dont care if i play the games little, i want cheap games so i can expereince as many as possible that i never had the chance to.

Tellyn888, i guess you'll be buying every zelda game possible. :p

New VC wish list.

6. SD cards to store the games on, and for play on your DS.

7. Stars Catalogue links to your Revolution Wi-Fi account so that you can buy games with stars

I think you will be able to store them on SD cards, no reason why you wouldn't be, the Revo has flash memory built in (probably just an SD card) so you'll get an option which one to save too.

I thought of that Stars Catalogue idea ages ago, I really hope they do that :heh:

Why are we creating theories for something we could know in .... 3days?

Because it's fun to speculate :)

I really think they're will be a special site to get games through the star catalogue.Well maybe not with NoE but with the other ones.

Tellyn888, i guess you'll be buying every zelda game possible. :p

Correct-a-mundo! If I ever say that again, hurt me. With an oar.

Sorry if I stole your idea Moria, I wasn't aware, though I knew I couldn't be the first to think of that theory.

SA, I'll get the games for the same reason as you. I was never around in the so called Nintendo Golden Era, and I never thought of the SNES or N64 when I was younger. I realised how much I'd missed when I got the Cube/Game Boys, and enjoyed playing classic Zelda on my bonus Cube discs. Even if I don't play them much, I want to experience the games in their original form from the 80's/90's without buying eBay consoles and games that are on their way out, are rare, and stop working.

SA, I'll get the games for the same reason as you. I was never around in the so called Nintendo Golden Era, and I never thought of the SNES or N64 when I was younger. I realised how much I'd missed when I got the Cube/Game Boys, and enjoyed playing classic Zelda on my bonus Cube discs. Even if I don't play them much, I want to experience the games in their original form from the 80's/90's without buying eBay consoles and games that are on their way out, are rare, and stop working.

Correct-a-mundo! We were too young to think for ourselves. So i was gobbled up by the sony machine and got a ps1 cos everyone had one.:nono::o:red:

You're like my clone, I was the same. Saved months for a crappy Monsters Inc. game that lasted all of twenty minutes! I would do anything to have that era back and have bought a N64, SUper Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, MAjora's Mask and Donkey Kong 64, StarFox 64 too!

Sorry if I stole your idea Moria, I wasn't aware, though I knew I couldn't be the first to think of that theory.

And so you sho..... It's cool, I was just saying that I thought of it a while ago :heh:

(and taking credit for it incase anyone had forgotten that I said it ages ago ;) )

Sign in to follow this