NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Virtual Console Theory Thread

Do you recon any company will make a game that will need an external hard-drive to work (like some limited edition japanish only online rpg)?

no, maybe a certain amount of storage like how a pc game requires x amount of megs or a gamecube requires x amount of blocks.

you should be able to get away with using sd cards if you need to or thumb drives if they are supported.

ndreamer, if Nintendo intend on including generic drivers for USB flash storage (perhaps with format) then I can't see why they wouldn't support a USB hard drive..

I don't see the point, Final Fantasy 11 will have extremely limited success on the 360.. and the same would apply to any non Pokemon online RPG for the Wii.

Leave it to the PCs.

The onboard flash memory is enough for any save game. If developers really exaggerate it they can always bundle an SD card with the game.

And iwata already said that you can connect any usb storage media to wii, so external hdds for the win. Still, 512 mb is enough for saves and some downloads, and SDs are dirt cheap.

According to DS-x2, the entire memory storage of the Wii wouldn't be enough to store one Saturn game, so unless these are ported to cheaper Wii discs to buy or if you have to buy several SD cards to store game files on, I doubt this will be available. :( I've just realised I've missed about ten consoles. DS-x2 also said something about PC Engine 32 games for the WIi's VC. When did this happen, and what the hell is it?

EDIT: I think the console support so far is:

NES

SNES

N64

GC (Backwards compatibility)

PC ENGINE 32

TURBOGRAPHX

GENESIS

MEGA DRIVE

MASTER SYSTEM

GAME GEAR

The PC Engine was the Japanese name for the Turbo Grafix. Also, Master System and Game Gear games have only been rumoured although it would make sense.

Game Gear was a portable, I think it would be wise to differentiate the portable systems from the home console back catalogue.

In fact I don't welcome any portables onto the Wii. Just doesn't seem right.

As long as somewhere along the line I can get master system Dizzy on the wii; i'd be in heaven.

Nintendork, will you be up for portable stuff if there's the option to play it on the Wii or save it to an SD card for play on your DS?

In fact I don't welcome any portables onto the Wii. Just doesn't seem right.

Thats a good reason :confused:

Game Boy games will have difficulty being ported. First reason is the resolution and graphics are very bad. Second reason is the design - if games are designed for a portable console it might not work well on a home console. I guess it'd be OK if they allowed for DS play though.

Game Boy games will have difficulty being ported. First reason is the resolution and graphics are very bad. Second reason is the design - if games are designed for a portable console it might not work well on a home console. I guess it'd be OK if they allowed for DS play though.

Using sd cards on the ds wouldn't be unfeasible.

I'm actually talking about WiFi, but yeah SD cards are alright I suppose :wink:

I still don't see why Portable games wouldn't be ok, seeing as they aren't just ported and left, they will be scaled to fit the screen.

Sign in to follow this