N-Europe

Original Star Wars DVDs are coming!!!!

I think he used to be a guy, but then I think they edited the scene between him and Han out of IV after they made VI. They re-made with Jabba in CGI form for the special editions. I prefered it without frankly. It's just a slightly dull dialogue. Without, it's a matter of seconds after Alec Guinness et all boarding before the Stormtroopers rush in and try open up a can lazer-whup-ass. Your not still sitting there not really caring.

Jabba the Hutt was a man in concept arts with a snake like tongue (this has LOTR written all over it - Wormtongue) and repulsively similar to a slug, but still a man. It was scrapped for the movie when a suit would be cheaper than a transformation. I think.

Jabba was originally a man, and they filmed his scene in "A New Hope" with him as a man, the scene was, however, cut before the film was released. By the time they got to Return of the Jedi, they decided to make the character a slug, there was no explanation needed because noone had ever seen the Jabba scenes in A New Hope. The reason that Han steps on Jabba's tail in A New Hope is because he was walking around a man, not a giant slug.