NEurope
Funktion

Metal Slug coming to Wii...

Brilliant news. I hope a normal control scheme is allowed as well though.

Oh woopie, the ports are coming in already

You obviously can't even begin to comprehend what you have just said. Don't make set a giant mutant-space octopus on you...

I had 1,2 nd 3 on MAME ages ago but I lost the disc. I played 1 and X in the arcade, I wasted so much money on them. Anyone think it will be upward flicks for jumps and trigger for shooting? Spin the controller left to shoot up and right to shoot down, something like that maybe?

how about have the movement with the joystick and do the aiming with the wiimote...: peace:

Love these games so shall be adding them to my list of games to purchase. Good to see Ninty winning back support though from previous 'lost' developers

Quality stuff, metal slug games are kick ass, this will be on my MUST buy list, for sure :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ah crap, I just know I won't have money for this :sad:

If this is launch...I can see myself getting this, Monkeyball and Metroid. That'd be a quality haul.

Can someone translate this text from ngcfrance.

SNK Playmore a annoncé que Metal Slug Anthology (compilation qui rassemble Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 et Metal Slug 5) sera disponible dès la lancement de la Wii au Japon. Concernant les bonus, finalement nous n’en n’aurons aucun -_-. Cependant, Metal Slug 6 sera présent ^^. Tous ces jeux exploiteront la Wiimote.

I can understand most of it even w/o knowing a word, i wonder if it is referring to Metal Slug 6 also being available in the package as a bonus for japan?

This is what Babel-Fish made of it:

SNK Playmore announced that Metal Slug Anthology (compilation which gathers Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5) will be available as of the launching of Wii to Japan. Concerning the no-claims bonus, finally in will have However us no - _ -., Metal Slug 6 will be present ^^. All these plays will exploit Wiimote.

Just says that the game will be available at launch, in Japan, and that MS6 will also be included in the package (I think...).

Can someone translate this text from ngcfrance.

I can understand most of it even w/o knowing a word, i wonder if it is referring to Metal Slug 6 also being available in the package as a bonus for japan?

"SNK Playmore has anounced that Metal Slug Anthology (compilation that will include Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5) Will be available at Wii's launch in Japan. Concerning the bonus, there won't be any -_-. However, Metal Slug 6 will be presented for the Wii ^^. All of these games will be able to use the wiimote."

that's the translation I make from it, but I'm not a native speaker. :/

Metal Slug 6 is in the PSP version of the same game, so I would have thought it would also be included with the Wii release.

1up preview Metal Slug Anthology.

You can use the GameCube controller if you want.

That alone should convince many of you to purchase SNK's Metal Slug Anthology when it launches alongside the Wii in late November. The collection of all seven arcade Metal Slug games has been getting a lot of good buzz since its announcement, and for those who want to play the game without fussing with Wii-specific control schemes, that's your option up top.

The developers have included six control schemes in total, so that leaves five with the Wii controls. "Nunchuck Control Stick" lets players move on the Nunchuck and use the Wii Remote to shoot, jump, and throw grenades (by flicking the remote forward). "Tilt Wii Remote" gets rid of the Nunchuck and puts character movement in the tilt sensor on the remote, so players hold the remote horizontally and tilt left and right to walk.

"Wii Remote" also only uses the remote, but puts movement on the D-pad and requires players to flick the remote forward to throw grenades. "Arcade" has players 'plant' the Wii Remote standing vertically to simulate an arcade joystick, and use the Nunchuck to shoot, jump, etc. Finally, "Nunchuck" moves all the controls onto the Nunchuck and lets players move with the analog stick, shoot and jump with the buttons and flick the Nunchuck forward to throw grenades.

We tested each of these Wii-specific modes, and found Nunchuk Control Stick and Wii Remote to be our favorites since they seemed much more familiar and we felt like we had the most control over our characters when using them. Arcade and Tilt Wii Remote are definitely fun for experimenting, but we doubt they will serve much purpose for long term use.

Our biggest disappointment with the game is that there is no old school control scheme using just the Wii Remote and the three standard buttons -- shoot and jump with the face buttons and grenade on the B trigger. The "Wii Remote" configuration comes close, but hardcore players will likely be turned off by having to flick the remote to throw grenades -- especially in the middle of a jump since there's limited time to make the motion before you land. You have to use a GameCube controller if you want to get rid of the motion sensing altogether.

Regardless, it's hard to talk bad about a package with so much great stuff included in it. In addition to all the classic Metal Slug games, the collection includes the radically different Metal Slug 6 (where you can play as the Ikari Warriors, use melee attacks at will, choose your difficulty, carry multiple weapons, etc.) and a heap of extras you can unlock by earning tokens and completing the games with a limited number of continues. These include MP3 files, an interview with the original Metal Slug development team, and various pieces of artwork.

And all this is coming to Wii for $39.99 -- certainly a good value, which will likely shut up those who said these games would be better suited as downloadable Virtual Console titles instead of released as a group in a retail package. Both the Wii and PSP versions of Anthology ship in late November.

Six ways to control video.

I a little disappointed that it won't support a classic control method. I was really looking forward to this too.

It supports gamecube controller though and on gamespot last night I am sure they scrolled through that option theres a total of 7 different control schemes.

It supports gamecube controller though and on gamespot last night I am sure they scrolled through that option theres a total of 7 different control schemes.

Wooo! You've just made my day! I really want this game.

I can also confirm this, as Gamestop's managers had about two months ago chance to test Wii in Nintendo's meeting. MSA was also there, and guy who posted his impressions on GAF / Penny-Arcade forums said that there was also support for classic controller.