NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Virtual Console Wish List

After seeing other choices, I have a new list.

Paper Mario (N64)

Link to the Past (SNES)

Earthbound 1 (?)

Super Mario RPG Seven Stars (SNES)

Star Fox 64 (N64)

Kid Icarus (NES)

Should I make thread about Turbographx-16? I mean, is it so that most of you don't know *anything* at all about it?

Yes please. I am one of those people.

Yes please. I am one of those people.

Check Retro section. I did there short summary about the console.

Those of you who missed out on Paper Mario for the N64 are in for a treat, you'll probably neglect your new Revo games to play it if its available from day one. The best game on the N64 in my opinion and a superior game to Paper Mario 2 without a doubt.

Those of you who missed out on Paper Mario for the N64 are in for a treat, you'll probably neglect your new Revo games to play it if its available from day one. The best game on the N64 in my opinion and a superior game to Paper Mario 2 without a doubt.

Can't wait to get my hands on that game.

I just hope the graphics are not too crappy, because the screens I found on the internet looked kinda blurry.

Then again, I was totally addicted to Paper Mario 2, I enjoyed that game a lot, and I guess it's gonna be the same with PM1

I'm gonna create a map for an online game based on one of the levels in Paper Mario 2 :D

Can't wait to get my hands on that game.

I just hope the graphics are not too crappy, because the screens I found on the internet looked kinda blurry.

Then again, I was totally addicted to Paper Mario 2, I enjoyed that game a lot, and I guess it's gonna be the same with PM1

I'm gonna create a map for an online game based on one of the levels in Paper Mario 2 :D

To be honest Paper Mario is probably one of the nicest looking N64 games, we all know that 3D on the N64 was generally quite blocky, however it was only used in the backgrounds of Paper Mario and thats the style, it works well. The character sprites are well animated and look almost identical to their Paper Mario 2 counterparts. Think lower-res Paper Mario 2 with less detailed backgrounds and you're there, it should still look great, certainly does on my N64 :)

I don't know about you guys, but I'll probably spend more on the Virtual Console than on the console itself, if you get my drift.

Some of the games I'd like to pick up are:

Obvious:

The old Castlevanias (maybe just rent if possible)

The old Zeldas

The old Marios

The old Mega Mans

Strategy:

Bahamut Lagoon

Ogre Battle

Sim City

Final Fantasy Tactics

Zelda types:

Crystalis

Willow

Star Tropics

Puzzle types:

Wario's Woods

Kirby's Avalanche

RPGs:

Old Dragon Warriors

Chrono Trigger

Party/sports games:

Super Bomberman

NBA Jam (I think it was this one, the one where you make your own player)

Tecmo Super Bowl

Other:

The Day of the Tentacle

Pinball Quest (Don't ask me why, I just love that game)

Games I would really, really like to see on the Virtual Console that were never on a console:

XCOM: UFO Defense (Please, please, please!)

Masters of Orion II

King's Quest Games (the ones that didn't require typed instructions)

Dagger of Amon Ra

Other point and click adventures

Myst games?

It should be pretty obvious to anyone who reads this list that I will never complete most of these games, but MAN do I want to just have them in my collection. I think I'd keep that SD card with me at all times just... I mean... yeah, they're pretty good games.

A nice addition would be some GBA games like Wario Land 4 and such, but I doubt those games will be emulated...

Not GBA games, but possibly GBC and GB games. I wonder if that's why the DS can't play them, they were saving them to be emaulated to the Revolution.

Not GBA games, but possibly GBC and GB games. I wonder if that's why the DS can't play them, they were saving them to be emaulated to the Revolution.

That's very possible. Lets hope... I would love to to play Wario Land 1 again :)

I wanna know what they're going in terms of MegaDrive games and needing 3 buttons....The A's in the wrong place.

Mega Bomberman only needs 2 though n_n

I personally want the games that I never got to play so for me it will be:

Super Mario RPG

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Secret of Evermore

Earthbound

Sin and Punishment

D Generation!!! I need that game, my copy no longer works and it is impossible to track down. If anyone has it or knows where to get it contact me instantly. Please.

After reading what everyone else want's I remembered what othre game's I want.There's just so much I want now.GB and maybe old GBC might be available.

I wanna know what they're going in terms of MegaDrive games and needing 3 buttons....The A's in the wrong place.

Mega Bomberman only needs 2 though n_n

A, B, X, Y - Thats enough face buttons for SNES, NES, N64, Mega Drive and PC Engine Games. A and B have their normal uses and both X and Y can be used as the C-Button. Problem solved :D

Unrealisticly FF 7. Realisticly Doki doki panic so I can see what the whole scandal is about.

Games I would really, really like to see on the Virtual Console that were never on a console:

XCOM: UFO Defense (Please, please, please!)

XCOM: UFO Defence was released on consoles, under the name UFO: Enemy Unknown in europe for the Playstation, Amiga CD32 and Amiga A1200. (if you can class the amiga as a console)

However id have to agree... id LOVE to see this on the revolution (or even the DS... yes to DS... ohh yes...), but the problem is, Microprose went down LONG ago after being tossed around like an old sock and now currently belongs to Atari who are letting the franchise gather dust... several layers infact.

Not only that but some Megadrive games needed 6 buttons, and some of them displayed on screen what buttons to press which could get a little confusing if its telling you to press a button that doesnt exhist and isnt in the same layout, although I suppose they could have some form of key layout in the corner of the screen at all times to remind you of the remapped buttons.

Geez... I need to stop wandering horribly off topic... (slaps self)

To keep in topic... uhm...

Paper Mario!

rocketknightadventures.jpg

This was the nuts of a game...................loved it to bits. Did anyone else get the chance to play it at all on the Megadrive?

Another game I really want to play again is F-Zero X (purely for the music :grin: ), and I want to get a chance to play Sin & Punishment...............that's about it really.

Oh, and nearly forgot, Super Mario Brother 3.........as I've never played it before. :woops:

I think i still have x-com on the original playstation :) what a game! (a group of fans have been making a remake for a few years now).

i quite enjoyed a game called 'Metal marines' - wouldn't mind playing that again

Also i want a finished starfox 2 on the snes please... it's in rom form on the net but from what i've played it's not complete :(

Games i will/might download on VC:

• Super mario kart (NSTC speed please)
  • Link to the past
  • Mario 1, 3 and world
  • Yoshi's island
  • Starfox (was it starwing here in UK?)
  • Super Street fighter 2
  • MT punch out
  • Duck Hunt
  • Goldeneye (i can always hope anyway)
  • Tetris Attack
  • Sonic games (2D ones)
  • Chrono trigger

Give me SMP3 and I'll be happy.

Than just maybe mario kart64, diddy kong racing, zelda: MM, and then we see...

I almost forgot about two very important titles in my extensive list above:

Duck Tales

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first one, not the arcade one)

Oh, and thanks for the info on XCOM. Man I wasted so many hours on that game. I hear there is a "level" editor now, too that lets you tinker with space ship maps and weapon/alien attributes. If they do release it on either Nintendo system (sorry but I don't count GBA) I hope it has the original version along with an "enhanced" version.

Sign in to follow this