NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Sony Fanboys comparing apples to oranges

I found this amusing, unrelated really.

"Oblivion- Yes, that's right. It sucks. Reasons:

1. The main quest is awfully short and lame. Summary: You gain an artifact. You go get a guy so he can save the day with the artifact. You lose the artifact. You get four other artifacts that allow you to get the artifact back. The guy saves the day with the artifact. That's it. Grand total: 2 cities, 1 fortress, 1 shrine, 8 dungeons (per 2 - 3 floors per 4 - 5 rooms each) visited.

2. Every damn thing is scaled according to what level your character is. Merchants only sell good equipment if your level is high enough. The higher level you are, the better equipment NPCs have. As you get stronger, bandits and highwaymen start wearing top notch stuff. Bandits and highwaymen start wearing top notch stuff before even the best smiths in the largest cities offer it for sale. Late in the game there's a point when even bandits and highwaymen only wear the best equipment in the game. Quest rewards are scaled, too, so if you complete a quest with a high level character the item you'll get will be stronger than the same item a low level character would receive. Virtually all opponents are scaled to match your abilities, too, so it's possible to become the Grand Champion of the Arena before even reaching level 2.

3. The game is terribly unbalanced. A level 11 monster (ie. a monster that, according to the scaling system, spawns when you're around level 11) has damage rating 36. For comparison, a daedric claymore (the best sword in the game, unattainable before you hit level 20) has damage rating 26.

4. Another balancing issue, thievery. Thievery is virtually useless outside of thievery-focused quests, because although the merchants can't sell items that don't physically exist within the game world, the containers in which their goods are stored are placed in areas inaccessible to the player.

Need I go on? I don't think so. Something's rotten..."

I'll watch the videos in a bit.

Im not liking the way sony fans embrace MGS as a franchise that they created,

Hideo Kojima can make the game great on any console.

MGS versus Oblivion?

What the CRAP?!

How the hell can they compare a mid spec 360 ported game that was originally a PC game to a game SPECIFICALLY designed for PS2? Jeeze, thats great logic.

Also, the 360 has to load larger textures than the PS2 at the same drive speed-ish. This is just daft from the start.

I love the "Comments have been disabled for this video" at the bottom.

MGS versus Oblivion?

What the CRAP?!

How the hell can they compare a mid spec 360 ported game that was originally a PC game to a game SPECIFICALLY designed for PS2? Jeeze, thats great logic.

Also, the 360 has to load larger textures than the PS2 at the same drive speed-ish. This is just daft from the start.

Exactly, Oblivion is a massive game,

Mgs2 isnt very big, especially the tanker part, i mean its just a tanker, The team over at KCEJ do a lot of care in presentation. the whole point of moving grass was to see other things other then yourself moving, and the rain, well the bouncing droplets was a skin over snake himself. it isnt actually drops of water bouncing off...

altho, man those first xbox controller designs were horrid.

Fanboyism at it's finest.

They're just grasping at straws to try and justify their misguided beliefs.

Stupid fanboys.

It's like comparing Super Mario Bros to Crash Bandicoot or something.

Comparing a top quality game to a mid quality game. Picking the facts that suit them

The second video did have evidence to back up its argument although the Xbox 360 they showed at the end was probably a broken one.

But Sony isn't the king of making fine hardware, what about the disc read error that plagued the Playstation 2 when it was released.

No, some games really do take that long to boot on a 360. Seriously.

Crash Bandicoot ruled in his early era.

So did Jak and Daxter, and as far as I'm aware Ratchet and Clank is okay.. though it lacks the humour that Jak did.

I played r & t at a mates' house last week, it was.. interesting to say the least

Console wars are serious business.

Someone should make a response to that and compare the load times of, say, Geometry Wars (with the video running at double speed - complete with a small disclaimer saying "NOT RUNNING AT 2X SPEED") on the 360 and any of the Smackdown games on the PS2.

Or compare PGR3's graphics with those of Crazy Frog Racer.

Look Ma, I can distort the truth too!

MGS versus Oblivion?

What the CRAP?!

Someone should hit back and create a video where they pit a top end 360 game against an average-to low end PC game and personally email it to that guy.

Every console has its fair share of fanboys.

I played r & t at a mates' house last week, it was.. interesting to say the least

Off topic but Ratchet and Clank series is awesome. I feel it surpassed the Jak series when it went all GTA.

I just want to confirm that I too cried when the grass didn't move in Oblivion, and when rain didn't fall off my character despite playing in first person and never actually SEEING my character.

These are all crucial points that make a potentially wonderful game a bad one.

Whilst talking to Guy about this thread.

926953_20060331_screen002.jpg

926971_20060213_screen004.jpg

*cough*

Whilst talking to Guy about this thread.

926953_20060331_screen002.jpg

926971_20060213_screen004.jpg

*cough*

And it'd be getting off easy if the comparison was only on graphics.

I just want to confirm that I too cried when the grass didn't move in Oblivion, and when rain didn't fall off my character despite playing in first person and never actually SEEING my character.

These are all crucial points that make a potentially wonderful game a bad one.

Are you being sarcastic or serious? xD

But the reason rain goes through objects in Oblivion is because theres WAAY too many objects to put the rain hitting sensor thingy on. Or something alone those lines...

Sign in to follow this