Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posted this in my thread in general but need some quick responces

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am packing up my 360 now, tried to copy everything onto a card but it wont let me copy my PDZ or DOA4 files, wondering if I should send the hard drive with it now... I want them to send me a new one so I'm wondering if I should include it or not, anyone else sent theirs back without the HDD and got a new premium with an extra HDD sent to them in return?

I'm packing it up now so if anyone thinks I should keep it or not post now, within the next 5 mins or so, otherwise I'm just gonna pack it up with the HDD ready for UPS to pick it up tomorow and will just have to take the loss of all my progress for those 2 games, which I am pissed off about btw. :nono:

posted this in my thread in general but need some quick responces

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am packing up my 360 now, tried to copy everything onto a card but it wont let me copy my PDZ or DOA4 files, wondering if I should send the hard drive with it now... I want them to send me a new one so I'm wondering if I should include it or not, anyone else sent theirs back without the HDD and got a new premium with an extra HDD sent to them in return?

I'm packing it up now so if anyone thinks I should keep it or not post now, within the next 5 mins or so, otherwise I'm just gonna pack it up with the HDD ready for UPS to pick it up tomorow and will just have to take the loss of all my progress for those 2 games, which I am pissed off about btw. :nono:

Just keep your HDD and leave a note in saying you spoke to someone and they will send you a new console without a HDD.

Just keep your HDD and leave a note in saying you spoke to someone and they will send you a new console without a HDD.

I packed it all up last night / early morning without the HDD and I attached a note the same as Owen did which reads:

"New Xbox 360 and Hard Drive required as agreed on phone, yours sincerley"

hopefully they shouldn't question it and will send me a new premium with a hard drive or at the very least a new core, definately don't want a refurb, besides M$ should send me the extra drive with the premium for all the shit and hassle it has caused me, I just hope the repair centre don't phone me up asking where the HDD is, if they do I will just have to say "I sent it with the console, isn't it with the console now?" and they will probably just assume it was stolen in transit. ::shrug:

they havent picked it up yet, I still could put the Hard Drive in with the console, but I really don't want to as I don't see why I should have to start again on PDZ especially, just got another achievment for that online last night as well for 1000 team killcount kills. That alone will be an annoyance for me to get back, let alone everything for the whole game.

Anyways, UPS should be along soonish (they said between 9am and 6pm) so I'll most likely just send it as it is. Plus who's to say that even if I did put the detachable HDD in with it that it wouldn't get stolen anyway then that would be ultimately pointless. Meh, I hate M$ for putting me through all this shit unecessarilly. :hmm: I can't wait for the Wii, at least I can buy that from a company that I trust.

Did you try your xbox without the hard drive in? i asked the bloke on the phone if i could keep my hard drive and he said as long as your certain that its not a problem with the hard drive then you can keep it so i tried it without the hard drive and it still didnt work so i kept it and they sent me a new 360 and so far its been fine.

Did you try your xbox without the hard drive in? i asked the bloke on the phone if i could keep my hard drive and he said as long as your certain that its not a problem with the hard drive then you can keep it so i tried it without the hard drive and it still didnt work so i kept it and they sent me a new 360 and so far its been fine.

It's most definately not a problem with the Hard Drive, just the wireless receiving mechanism inside the console. Anyways even if I did send the hard drive and if it did reach them, they would wipe it anyways, screw around with it and probably still send the same console and HDD back but I wouldnt be suprised if they did that and I got it back that the hard drive would have been screwed up by them somehow, at least at the moment I have a working hard drive and a power supply that doesnt overheat.

Anyways, it's definately just the console thats faulty, and as the old saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it" hence I dont want to send them my working HDD which has 2 non transferable saves and about 44 music albums on it. *sigh* I hope it gets picked up soon as I'm getting bored of waiting now. :sad:

Guest Stefkov

yeah sorry for not playing last night, it just started and it disconnected me saying the game session was no longer available. happens a lot to me that.

i really wanta hdtv, but the thing is i havnt the money togo out and get a £1,000 really good one, so i looked around and it wasnt hard to miss but ther was this one from argos. 26" hdtv, for £499.99

right couldnt find it on the website but its in the catalogue, page 411.

ill need to start saving up if its good hehe

Microsoft's High-tech solution to stop piracy...

That solution is.......glue.

While working on a dual firmware mod for Xbox 360 DVD drives, Team Xecuter had an interesting discovery. It looks like there's a glue-like substance holding the firmware chip of the TS-ODD drive in place. This means you can't easily access the legs of the firmware IC.

Removing the substance is sure to break the IC/legs. Though it remains an option, it's best to find alternative points, which would most probably require some harder solder work.Well, so much for plug-n-play and no-mess install. Microsoft may not know how to get rid of modders, but it sure knows how to slow them down.

Pic: http://xbox360.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/43293_glue.jpg

Link:

http://xbox360.qj.net/Microsoft-Uses-Glue-To-Slow-Down-Xbox-360-Modders/pg/49/aid/43293

hahha class:grin:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!