NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Couldn't agree more.

Terrible frame rate, retarded "GANSTA!" feel to it, totally coping GTA's used and now quite frankly boring formulae.

Couldn't agree more.

Terrible frame rate, retarded "GANSTA!" feel to it, totally coping GTA's used and now quite frankly boring formulae.

QFT. The only thing that im interested in about this is how the online mode will work other than that it looks meh.

EDIT:

Texas Hold 'Em will be making an appearance on Xbox Live Arcade next month after all, Microsoft's confirmed.

The game wasn't included in the line-up of titles that make up Microsoft's current "Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays" promotion, which sees a game released every Wednesday until August 9th. That led most of us to believe we wouldn't see it for a while afterward.

But now it sounds like Microsoft was simply hedging its bets - the US arm of the company has now confirmed a release date of August 23rd for the poker derivative, in development at TikGames.

Advertisement

You won't be able to make actual money playing Texas Hold 'Em, however many Microsoft Points it ends up costing - but then that's fairly realistic, isn't it?

What you will get is three game modes - standard, tournament, scenario - and dozens of variations, along with the option to make custom multiplayer ones for up to eight players.

The game will also support 1080i progressive-scan resolutions, apparently, although we can't imagine that'll make much difference to anything.

The other games due out on Live Arcade before the end of August include Cloning Clyde (this Wednesday, July 19th), Galaga (July 26), Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (August 2) and Pac-Man (August 9).

Now all we need is a surprise Lumines Live announcement and our summer's complete. Come on Microsoft, get on with it.

EDIT2: Just like Gears of War the leaked date has now denied. Wonder what the hell is going on over at Microsoft??

I aim to get offensive numbers with my gamerscore.

I've had 911 in the past and 666 before that.

I have just finished the Good Campaign on BFME2 and all I can say is wow. The final battle is very intense with you having to take down a HUGE enemy base with limited resourses, I had to depend heavily on my hero characters while trying to keep them alive to unlock the achievement. Also an awesome beast makes an apperance on the final level but I wont spoil it for you :smile:

Hero of Time is BFME2 good on the xbox and is online mode any cop? Thanks for info also is the music as wonderful as the first one was.

Hero of Time is BFME2 good on the xbox and is online mode any cop? Thanks for info also is the music as wonderful as the first one was.

I personally love this game to bits. The online mode is awesome online, like I said in an earlier post I had a 3 way battle with some people on my friendslist when I first got it and it was amazing. As for the music, well I never played the first game but the music is this one is basically the same as the music off the movies which is a big plus in my eyes.

Unfortunate news for Germany concering Dead Rising...

The sensational zombie-slasher from Capcom for the Xbox 360, Dead Rising, will not appear in Germany. Apparently the USK, the people who test the appropriateness of games, didn't like the way you can hack, slash, kill and maim the zombies. This is especially odd because a number of years ago the same group did approve the infamous game Carmageddon, in which you had to drive over people for points (although human pedestrians were replaced by zombies in the German version).

Censorship like that has been applied many times before on violent games in Germany, so the USK have most likely raised the bar on their standards when it comes to violent content. In a way it's pointless to ban the game from the shelves, because the people who really want to play this will just order it online or make a trip to their neighboring countries (Netherlands for example). Somehow I doubt that Capcom wants to replace their zombies with robots, it would ruin the whole game short of a rename to Dead Rebooting.

OMG at some of the fanboyism post regarding Saints Row, I read numerous post on other forums which state the game is pretty decent. And in the movies that I saw the physix are awesome, YOU CAN DERAIL TRAINS FOR CRYING AOUT LOUD!

:btw this all is from a DEMO, DEMO that's the key word.

OMG at some of the fanboyism post regarding Saints Row, I read numerous post on other forums which state the game is pretty decent. And in the movies that I saw the physix are awesome, YOU CAN DERAIL TRAINS FOR CRYING AOUT LOUD!

It's not really fanboyism, it's just people's opinion. I don't like the look of it myself tbh, the over-used gansta GTA style of gameplay is getting a tad boring now. There's just so many games being released that look much more promising.

Physics are awesome you say? A lot of developers are increasing the quality of physics in thier games, so nothing new there. Derailing trains isn't ecaxtly a selling point for me either. In Dead Rising you can use pretty much anything in the environment to attack zombies, that sounds and looks a lot more promising to me.

Thats a good thing to you?

btw this all is from a DEMO, DEMO that's the key word.

Shit, I thought the key word was 'this'. Thank's for clearing that up mate, I'm buying it now.

YOU CAN DERAIL TRAINS FOR CRYING AOUT LOUD!

What more could you possibly want from a game than the ability to derail a train?

w00t xbox live arcade wednesdays!!!!

the even orange-er wednesdays :D

I might get it, i played the demo... but i'm fairly tired because i got up so early.

Its 800 points right? I have like, 300 already... so i could buy 500 and have enough.

Im really toying with the idea of getting a 360. However annoyly my broadband is a whole room and corridor away from my 360. Is it worth getting a 360 and all the shit I need to connect to the net? Im not sure if its worth teh hassle or not. :hmm:

Its only a router and a wireless adaptor - my router was £35 but although it doesnt yet work with my comp it works fine with my 360, and yes the wireless adaptor is £60 but you can get it cheaper off the net.

Where would I buya router and are they easy to set up?

yep theyre pretty simple to set up, well my belkin one is. you can get them from almost anywhere. places like currys and comet etc and off the net. just make sure you get the right type, make sure it has 802.11b/g etc and that its compatable with your broadband provider. like if your with BT you'll need an ADSL one usually im with telewest so its a Cable one for me-all going through ethernet cables.

and theres no point in getting a 360 unless you have broadband really-xbox live is the whole basis of what makes the 360 so great.