NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

It'd be nice if there was some confirmation on the D-pad somewhere as I much prefer the colour scheme of the red pad over the green one.

I read somewhere the new d-pad doesn't really improve on the main problems (not just the article that was posted), but I'm hoping this isn't true, cause I wanna buy a 2nd controller and this would be lovely.

Dear Customer,

We have just been informed by Microsoft this afternoon that there is a significant supply chain issue regarding the contents of the Fable II Limited Edition. This affects the entire market. They have advised us that neither the figurine nor the fate cards are going to be available. Which is incredibly frustrating! However the Limited Edition WILL still come with a bonus disk with all Lionhead developer diaries, concept art viewer, music from soundtrack and new behind the scenes making of video footage, as well as bonus in-game content. We have lowered the price of the limited edition to £39.99 to reflect the altered contents. I do hope this goes some way to alleviating your disappointment.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

GAME.co.uk

Sucks to be anyone who likes fate cards

Sucks to be anyone who likes fate cards

Yeh, just got the same E-mail...

Oh well, 5 quid cheaper so I'm happy!

Hang on a tick. The Fable II Limited edition has in game stuff? I thought it was just the pointless figurines and whatnot. But apparently now the figurines are cancelled and it's just the content.

Hang on a tick. The Fable II Limited edition has in game stuff?

An extra dungeon, an extra weapon and some generic armour that is apparently supposed to be Master Chief.

Microsoft Game Studios head Phil Spencer told Edge on Wednesday that the firm has added a "group of industry heavy hitters" to its lineup, including former Kojima Productions assistant producer Ryan Payton, confirming recent rumors.

Payton was assistant producer on the recently-released Metal Gear Solid 4, playing a role in injecting Western design elements into the decidedly Japanese series. He also aided in the actual design of Metal Gear Online and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.

To gamers, he's best known as a Western liaison for Tokyo, Japan-based Konami subsidiary Kojima Productions, the studio behind Metal Gear.

Payton left Kojima Productions for Washington State due to family-related issues earlier this year.

Payton is rumored to be directing a new Halo project, although a Microsoft rep would not confirm that information.

The rep only stated, "The team is working on upcoming and existing Halo games."

Also confirmed to be joining MGS is programming ace Corrine Yu, formerly of Gearbox Software, and her husband, artist Kenneth Scott of Doom house id Software.

Microsoft also confirmed that David Wu, former tech director at Full Auto developer Pseudo Interactive, and ex-Bungie content manager Frank O'Connor are also on Microsoft's Halo team.

Spencer said in a statement, "Microsoft Game Studios is thrilled to have such talented people working to develop new and exciting projects within the Halo universe and supporting existing projects from studios like Bungie and Ensemble."

Ensemble is currently developing Halo Wars, which will be the studio's final game before Microsoft shutters the developer.

The confirmation of the hirings comes days before the Tokyo Game Show, where, according to the Microsoft rep, Halo house Bungie will be making a major announcement regarding the recently-released Halo teaser video.

www.edge-online.com

Guitar Hero 4 comes out in 36 days?!! *Faints*

So many damn games out in the next 3 months, but really wanna pre-order this (Free Bass guitar) since my Gh3 guitar is borked (Won't strum down!)

I'm gunna be so damn poor...

Might try and convice my Mum to buy it, and say that it will be a great party game for Christmas/New year.

can anyone help me with this.

My friend just purchased a 60GB 360 as his 20GB got RROD. He feels that he doesnt need the 60GB HDD so will sell it to me. If I buy this will I be able to re-download all XBLA games and map packs etc with the new HDD attached to my 360. If not, what is the best way of me getting around this.

I thought I would be able to get a transfer cable kit off ebay for cheap but people selling them for £30.

Should I tell my friend to get the kit first from MS before I buy it?

There is a list of what youve downloaded. You can just go through that and re-download

Should I tell my friend to get the kit first from MS before I buy it?

Yeah tell him to get the kit first, unless you really want to waste time having to redownload all your arcade games etc again :/ the transfer is much quicker and easier.

games take hardly any time at all. buying a kit is a waste of time. Just set a download list, then go for lunch or something. You can set the 360 to turn itself off once it finishes, I believe.

games take hardly any time at all. buying a kit is a waste of time. Just set a download list, then go for lunch or something. You can set the 360 to turn itself off once it finishes, I believe.

Yeah but assuming he wants to trasfer everything then it's better that his friend gets the transfer kit first, as it's free from M$ anyway plus it will copy across all those files that it doesn't let you move from a hard drive using any other method; I believe games such as Rock Band and Gears don't allow you to move certain save files, so for stuff like that the transfer kit is well worth it, but yeah if it's just one or two arcade games then sod it, don't bother with it. :heh:

The producer of Capcom's Resident Evil 5 has revealed the 'internal conflicts' warring between team members, and how tumultuous development been over the last year.

Speaking in an interview with Xbox World 360, Resi 5 man Masachika Kawata described development on the game as "like wartime", but he says the developers are still working together.

"The team has been having quite a lot of arguments, but at the end of the day the team is working towards one goal - to make a great game," he said.

"[Director Takeuchi] is very hard working and he makes the team work very hard as well. He gets into big arguments with everyone; Resident Evil 5's development is like wartime, but he's got incredible leadership.

"A designer comes up with sketches but they don't always work on the screen; we have to modify it, make changes and we go through this process all the time. The artists and programmers are doing their best, so when their work is rejected by the director it can be quite heartbreaking."

Kawata also revealed that the team "do feel" Resi creator Shinji Mikami's absence, "but he's left and such is life," he said.

"We have a lot of people among our team who worked on Resident Evil 4 with Mr. Mikami, and Mr. Takeuchi worked on Resident Evil (GameCube remake) and he's a truly incredibly individual as well.

"We're under a lot of pressure to live up to expectations, but we've done what we wanted to do."

Read the full 4-page interview with Masachika on Resident Evil 5 in Xbox World 360 #71, on sale today.

computerandvideogames.com

Japanese sales this week

1. [PS2] Super Robot Taisen Z (Namco Bandai) 366,493 / NEW

2. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon Co.) 195,479 / 1,474,000

3. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) 65,257 / 852,000

4. [NDS] World Destruction: Michibi Kareshi Ishi (SEGA) 55,938 / NEW

5. [PS2] Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix Max 2 Tokumori (Namco Bandai) 35,240 / NEW

6. [NDS] Dragon Ball: Origins (Namco Bandai) 29,879 / 102,000

7. [PS3] Cross Edge (Compile Heart) 22,386 / NEW

8. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 21,261 / 2,684,000

9. [PS3] Aquanaut's Holiday: Kakusareta Kiroku (SCEI) 17,646 / NEW

10. [WII] Disaster: Day of Crisis (Nintendo) 14,310 / NEW

DS Lite 57,847

Wii 26,314

PSP 25,671

Xbox 360 11,291

PS2 9,848

PS3 8,275

Xbox360 beating sony consoles the 2nd week

Just got back from work. Bought me a brand new 60GB 360 for £126! Bargain, or what?!?!!?

My old console is going to my bro, he left for uni today so it's being sent up with the rest of his stuff 2moz.

This is a fucking joke. First the Hobbe firgurine and the fate cards are removed from the Limited Fable 2. Now the dev diaries and the soundtrack aren't even gonna be in it.

Seriously, wtf.

This is a fucking joke. First the Hobbe firgurine and the fate cards are removed from the Limited Fable 2. Now the dev diaries and the soundtrack aren't even gonna be in it.

Seriously, wtf.

LOL. Peter Molyneux and his lies strike again! I have the game preordered ( standard edition ) but i've still not decided if im gonna get it or just cancel it.

You have Fable 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Disaster and LBP all arriving on the same day so something gonna have to give.

Seriously, wtf.

You shouldnt be surprise by that Stefkov.

The producer of Capcom's Resident Evil 5 has revealed the 'internal conflicts' warring between team members, and how tumultuous development been over the last year.

Speaking in an interview with Xbox World 360, Resi 5 man Masachika Kawata described development on the game as "like wartime", but he says the developers are still working together.

"The team has been having quite a lot of arguments, but at the end of the day the team is working towards one goal - to make a great game," he said.

"[Director Takeuchi] is very hard working and he makes the team work very hard as well. He gets into big arguments with everyone; Resident Evil 5's development is like wartime, but he's got incredible leadership.

"A designer comes up with sketches but they don't always work on the screen; we have to modify it, make changes and we go through this process all the time. The artists and programmers are doing their best, so when their work is rejected by the director it can be quite heartbreaking."

Kawata also revealed that the team "do feel" Resi creator Shinji Mikami's absence, "but he's left and such is life," he said.

"We have a lot of people among our team who worked on Resident Evil 4 with Mr. Mikami, and Mr. Takeuchi worked on Resident Evil (GameCube remake) and he's a truly incredibly individual as well.

"We're under a lot of pressure to live up to expectations, but we've done what we wanted to do."

Read the full 4-page interview with Masachika on Resident Evil 5 in Xbox World 360 #71, on sale today.

computerandvideogames.com

Japanese sales this week

1. [PS2] Super Robot Taisen Z (Namco Bandai) 366,493 / NEW

2. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon Co.) 195,479 / 1,474,000

3. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) 65,257 / 852,000

4. [NDS] World Destruction: Michibi Kareshi Ishi (SEGA) 55,938 / NEW

5. [PS2] Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix Max 2 Tokumori (Namco Bandai) 35,240 / NEW

6. [NDS] Dragon Ball: Origins (Namco Bandai) 29,879 / 102,000

7. [PS3] Cross Edge (Compile Heart) 22,386 / NEW

8. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 21,261 / 2,684,000

9. [PS3] Aquanaut's Holiday: Kakusareta Kiroku (SCEI) 17,646 / NEW

10. [WII] Disaster: Day of Crisis (Nintendo) 14,310 / NEW

DS Lite 57,847

Wii 26,314

PSP 25,671

Xbox 360 11,291

PS2 9,848

PS3 8,275

Xbox360 beating sony consoles the 2nd week

Good stuff for MS Japan. They have tried really hard to be a success and they are finally getting somewhere even though it is a small win.

If Japanese developers would of backed 360 from the start we could of seen seeing something really different in Japan right now. 360 could of been doing 20k-30k per week.

PS3 sales are awful..

LOL. Peter Molyneux and his lies strike again! I have the game preordered ( standard edition ) but i've still not decided if im gonna get it or just cancel it.

You have Fable 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Disaster and LBP all arriving on the same day so something gonna have to give.

I thought Fallout 3 was the week after?

Still, a pretty packed day!

Weird. I just got the email regarding the Fable II CE cuts - even though I don't have the CE preordered, and didn't get the first one regarding the cards and figure.

I did preorder the normal edition, to get the pub games code, but I have since cancelled that. So why am I getting that email?

Disaster the Wii game? Wow. Didn't know that existed.

I didn't realise LBP was on that day aswell. Bugger.

And it's not just Fable 2. I ordered LBP from shopto for the free sackboy figurine. They emailed me that they aren't doing it cos of copyright. So they're giving out LBP t-shirts.

fable and fallout are same day :o? i thought fable was out the week before fallout grrr.

if they are indeed out the same day will prob just get fallout and then fable a week or two after or something