NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

lighting, explosion and smoke effects looked really good aside from the giant smoke cloud in the background which looked lame. Night vision mode looks really good also. seems call of duty is coming along really well.

on a completely different note my dad met colin mcrae today, i told my dad to tell colin that i loved the demo of dirt, his reply was; 'oh, is that out already' and he signed a dvd to me :) il post pictures tommorow, too tired now.

I think I wet myself when watching CoD4. That game looks immense.

The difference in the timelines though, from CoD3 about WWII or something, now it's the future. What brought this about?

Forza 2 is quite good actually, it's more for the laid back driving people who just want to sit back and have a couple of hours racing.

Not played DiRT yet.

I played 2 hours of forza, I stopped when i modded my mazda badly so it spins off every corner. Then I turned on DiRT and i played for 3 hours solid, it's good fun.

Which is better though, DiRT or Forza? Can get one of the 2 in the next couple of days, leaning towards DiRT but a couple of my mates just bought 360s and Forza :(

On another note, what games do people play online? Im bored to death of Gears

Do you like realistic racing games, a lot? if so get forza, otherwise get DiRT.

If you like them about equally you should get forza so you can play with your chums.

Which is better though, DiRT or Forza? Can get one of the 2 in the next couple of days, leaning towards DiRT but a couple of my mates just bought 360s and Forza :(

On another note, what games do people play online? Im bored to death of Gears

Like I said before if you want to just sit down, go through a pretty nice Career mode, buying cars, upgrading them, making decals etc then get Forza and play with your mates online.

It seems like another Gran Turismo to me. Everything from buying cars, tuning them and the races all seem the same. There's a lot more complexity in it though.

I'll go on DiRT tommorow and see which one I like better. I'm think DiRT now, the demo was quite fun and it looked superb.

About the other online game there aint much I got to be honest. It's just mainly Gears that everyone else plays together on. I wonder what the mulitplayer on Lost Planet is like, maybe that can become our new Gears?

It's obvious come Septeeber or whenever that Halo will become the replacement.

just so all you know, you can get the asian version of Dirt for £24 from play-asia as it is region free.

I played 2 hours of forza, I stopped when i modded my mazda badly so it spins off every corner. Then I turned on DiRT and i played for 3 hours solid, it's good fun.

I did that to my mazda, and it really annoyed me. I'm going to have to go through other races again now and upgrade some of my other cars, otherwise I'm just not gonna get anywhere with the game. I've played quite a few hours of it but I got bored eventually.

Ordered DiRT this morning and should be getting it tomorrow morning. Looking forward to that.

Yesterday Haze was apparently revealed to only have a one week head start on the PS3 before it was released on the 360.

This has been confirmed as wrong and apparently development has only began on the 360 now, if at all!

Source

Yeah I know Im scared too, this could really be an exclusive for more than a few days on PS3!

:p

DiRT is so much fun, crashing into things is cool, but trying not to is even better.

(Wow, gamerscore over 10,000)

Anybody else get Flatout today?

I was going to pick it up but I havent finished Forza yet and I really want that out of the way, especially since The Drakness is out next week. I will pick it up at some point though as it looks a blast to play.

You tried it yet Rok? Ive heard its quite challenging.

Finally got the world rally achivement on DiRT.

Two to go (not going for the 1000 miles one...):

Get All Vehicles (close to it)

Uphill Online Ranked (can't do, i suck under pressure).

Uphill Online Ranked (can't do, i suck under pressure).

Can you not just hook up with Caris to get this one?

Can you join friends if it's a ranked match?

Is it like gears with the annoying host not shown thing

Can you not just hook up with Caris to get this one?

You can join friends, but you get stuck in a room with up to 100 people. No shit and you have to vote, so half the time you wouldn't even get an uphill race.

Can you not just hook up with Caris to get this one

The sneaky git got all the online ones whilst none had the game before it was released, although Im sure he'd help.

Saturday is Judgement Day, as I havent recieved an email, I'm expecting it not to come. Roll on compensation in the form of a large refund:grin:

Im loving the band of Bugs demo, might buy 1000 points..

EDIT: Too late :S

I need to get R6:V And table tennis sold for some money again.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting rid of R6:V aswell. There's no replayability to the main game cause it's so repetitive after you finish it once, and the co-op mode kinda blows.

It's not my kinda online game either, too cautious, if you know what I mean.

Saturday is Judgement Day, as I havent recieved an email, I'm expecting it not to come. Roll on compensation in the form of a large refund:grin:

Can you claim something if they havent returned it by a certain time?

I was going to pick it up but I havent finished Forza yet and I really want that out of the way, especially since The Drakness is out next week. I will pick it up at some point though as it looks a blast to play.

You tried it yet Rok? Ive heard its quite challenging.

Not played much yet, just a few cups on Flatout mode, but it seems pretty solid. Not won many races, but you can progress without making first place every time. The races will probably be easier once I've earned enough cash to get a really decent car and soup it up.