NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

RE: I am Scared of the Revolution.....

I know this might be a little ´that´s besides the point´but can´t we all just plug in our cube controllers anyway? I´m pretty sure they´d still have they´re use for multiplatform games. I for one won´t be playing PES6 using the FHC

I have realised something because of the FHC Nintendo are excluding people who have arthritis in arms or wrists, if they do include force feedback then people with heart conditions might have a problem. Also as GI said it was better to play Red Steel standing upwards, then people with knee or leg problems, are gonna find it difficult.

You retard. Almost all people who have arthritis in their arms and wrist will have it in their fingers and hands too. Not much chance of playing any of the other systems with that condition is there? Same goes for the force feedback.

And the way I see it Nintendo is scaring people that it wants to buy its system, so again they have started at a disadvantage if they want to be a second system in peoples homes.

Care to actually qualify this point at all?

I have realised something because of the FHC Nintendo are excluding people who have arthritis in arms or wrists, if they do include force feedback then people with heart conditions might have a problem. Also as GI said it was better to play Red Steel standing upwards, then people with knee or leg problems, are gonna find it difficult.

And the way I see it Nintendo is scaring people that it wants to buy its system, so again they have started at a disadvantage if they want to be a second system in peoples homes.

Would people suffering from arthritis being playing with standard controllers anyway? It’s not like sitting down would ruin the gameplay either. Besides, your legs would get tired if you were to play for more than an hour straight. Trust me, after a while of playing standing up you will ultimately default to whatever position you play in now.

Looks like Jamba beat me to it, although I don't see the reasoning behind the personal insults.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6, that I must get whenever it's released on the Revolution.

ZeldaFreak - the problems you're giving exist for every console. The wireless controllers are deadly if they come to close to an artificial pacemaker, and a person with arthritis won't use any controller.

The statement that Red Steel should be played standing sounds nonsense to me. What is there you can do with the FHC standing that you can't do sitting?

Zeldafreak the point's you are making goes with the same with this generation and go on about how they have started at a disadvantage,please explain that.

Care to actually qualify this point at all?

Ok.... Here goes, alot of people who wouldn't play consoles just buy them for their kids wouldn't even want to have a go with holding a remote and swing it like a lunatic, for my stats coursework last year I carried out a chai square distibution on those who would buy it and those who wouldn't buy it with approx 5 options inc. in these (ie. feels stupid,...,and other) The results kinda suprised me in a way with a whoping 61% of people knowing what a revolution was with another whoping 40% of those wanting to buy one.

And before you start it wasn't just gamers that I asked, I asked people who have never played a game in their lifes and lots of them added in that they would prefer games that they usually play down the pub or club, like kareokee and pub quiz kinda thing.

So theres by evidence by interviewing directly on the street, thats why to get none gamers to play games is by offereing games like Singstar, or Buzz thats what the none gamer wants to play not games like RedSteel, Mario , LoZ, SSBM type games.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6, that I must get whenever it's released on the Revolution.

ZeldaFreak - the problems you're giving exist for every console. The wireless controllers are deadly if they come to close to an artificial pacemaker, and a person with arthritis won't use any controller.

The statement that Red Steel should be played standing sounds nonsense to me. What is there you can do with the FHC standing that you can't do sitting?

It ws in GI mag, they said they found it easier to stand when playing Red Steel, and fuck me but I want to sit on the couch to be honest with ya all Nintendo have seemed to screw the Hardcore gamer this next generation, and the new generation of handhelds.

Just my point, but theres only a handful of games that interest me on the DS they sould of added an anologue control stick on that thing.

Ok.... Here goes, alot of people who wouldn't play consoles just buy them for their kids wouldn't even want to have a go with holding a remote and swing it like a lunatic, for my stats coursework last year I carried out a chai square distibution on those who would buy it and those who wouldn't buy it with approx 5 options inc. in these (ie. feels stupid,...,and other) The results kinda suprised me in a way with a whoping 61% of people knowing what a revolution was with another whoping 40% of those wanting to buy one.

And before you start it wasn't just gamers that I asked, I asked people who have never played a game in their lifes and lots of them added in that they would prefer games that they usually play down the pub or club, like kareokee and pub quiz kinda thing.

So theres by evidence by interviewing directly on the street, thats why to get none gamers to play games is by offereing games like Singstar, or Buzz thats what the none gamer wants to play not games like RedSteel, Mario , LoZ, SSBM type games.

Beside the point that I simply don't believe you did that survey (and the fact that a year ago nobody no info was released yet about the Revolution), what makes you think there won't be games like Singstar and Buzz for the Revolution at launch? A fair guess is that Nintendogs will be a launch game for the Rev and that certainly would be a title to take that role - and then we're not even mentioning third parties.

I don't care what Game Informer says, I can perfectly wave a remote sitting.

ZeldaFreak, you're just looking for tiny possible downsides of the console, which remain to be seen. You could also be looking at the good points, and just see if those small bad points actually come out as downsides to the console.

And please, please show some respect to the rest of us by making you're posts easy to read.

Zeldafreak the point's you are making goes with the same with this generation and go on about how they have started at a disadvantage,please explain that.

They have started out at a disadvantage because the average consumer, your man/women on the street, would rather buy a PS3 -hell even an XBOX360, than buy a revolution - instead of trying to create 'a capture all' console, they have created a niche console which a fair few million people who have/still/ or don't play games.

Beside the point that I simply don't believe you did that survey (and the fact that a year ago nobody no info was released on the Revolution), what makes you think there won't be games like Singstar and Buzz for the Revolution at launch? A fair guess is that Nintendogs will be a launch game for the Rev and that certainly would be a title to take that role - and then we're not even mentioning third parties.

I don't care what Game Informer says, I can perfectly wave a remote sitting.

I meant last year right after the controller was revealed at TGS2005, ya can go and ask me maths teacher to even prove that I did do the coursework

Product surveys for mathematics, right...

Anyway, if you go out on the street and confront people with the traditional and the 'new', it's only natural most choose for the traditional. The Revolution needs to follow a path of early adopters (us) to the mass market. It needs to be demonstrated and people will need to get used to it. It's basically the path the NES, CD players and TVs took back in their days.

Your average consumer won't pay £400 or above for a PS3,that's the PS3 at a disadvantage.They're not creating a capture all console either.If people are scared off all they have to do is play it and will probably like it.The DS wasn;t at a disadvantage so neither will the Revolution.

Product surveys for mathematics, right...

I think you'll find its Statistics and you go out gain enough data to refer to it, then write up coursework.

Your average consumer won't pay £400 or above for a PS3,that's the PS3 at a disadvantage.They're not creating a capture all console either.If people are scared off all they have to do is play it and will probably like it.The DS wasn;t at a disadvantage so neither will the Revolution.

:shakehead Don't think so matey PS2 100million consoles sold, Gamecube about 20-30milion consoles sold the results speak for themselves.

The price difference between the two consoles were never so big as they're turning out now. The situation is very different.

Yes matey the price gap is far bigger and the PS3 is more expensive than the PS2.I wasn't even refering to the PS2 and GC sales at all and had nothing to do with what I was talking about with the PS3.The average consumer won't pay over £400 for a console alone.

But it will be a cheap blu ray player though so alot of people will just buy it on those grounds.

But it will be a cheap blu ray player though so alot of people will just buy it on those grounds.
Truth.. the cheapest standalone Blu Ray player will be £800+ from companies like Pioneer, Toshiba and to get a Sony branded one could cost up to £1200 or so ($1800)

But will people buy it when you can go down to Tesco, get a brand new DVD for £11? that works perfectly fine in their £30 DVD player which they got.. the selection of Blu Ray movies will be bad, they will cost huge amounts more.. heading towards £30 for the disc because they're so expensive to produce.

What for? A crisper image.

Not very many peope will buy Bluray discs or have bluray players,it will be expensive and will start slow.That alone won't help PS3 sales much.

Truth.. the cheapest standalone Blu Ray player will be £800+ from companies like Pioneer, Toshiba and to get a Sony branded one could cost up to £1200 or so ($1800)

But will people buy it when you can go down to Tesco, get a brand new DVD for £11? that works perfectly fine in their £30 DVD player which they got.. the selection of Blu Ray movies will be bad, they will cost huge amounts more.. heading towards £30 for the disc because they're so expensive to produce.

What for? A crisper image.

But PS3 will be no more £800, therefore making PS3 the cheapest blue ray player.

And as we all should know by now Nintendo will bugger up the marketing and start at square one again you N64 days when hardly that many had a Nintendo console.

And as we all should know by now Nintendo will bugger up the marketing and start at square one again you N64 days when hardly that many had a Nintendo console.

Oh really,I didn't know that and I doubt your theories,like many others.Even NoE -Yea NoE :shock:- has gotten better advertising and they will certainly not start at your square one,they realise how important and will likely advertise and promote it more than the DS.That's not square one.

Your probably right in that Sony will sell a ton of PS3, but how is that a good thing when theyre taking a big hit on each one. The VERY tough part is gonna be convincing people they need Blu-Ray movies. I have no business education but even i know a bad business plan when i see one

Selling tons of PS3's at a loss

+

A Huge marketing budget

+

an unnecessary, higher-priced media format which will result in less software bought per console than the PS2

---------------------------

=suicidal business plan

Wonder what they will be like if they sell ton's of PS3's and lose a lot of money and struggle in drought or barely sell and lose support.Wonder what will happen.

But PS3 will be no more £800, therefore making PS3 the cheapest blue ray player.

=O the guys on the console discussion board will be happy that you know that, they've been trying to find out the actual price of PS3 for months.

Seriously, you know no more than we do, stop acting as if you do. PS3 will be no more than 800? Your most prob right, but stop acting as if you know it for a fact.

Making it the cheapest blu-ray player? Theres other features in a PS3 also, add all the other features and the blue ray together and its not gonna be cheap.

But C'mon under £800 is obvious.The revolution will be no more than £1000,I now know the most about the Revolution.

=O the guys on the console discussion board will be happy that you know that, they've been trying to find out the actual price of PS3 for months.

Seriously, you know no more than we do, stop acting as if you do. PS3 will be no more than 800? Your most prob right, but stop acting as if you know it for a fact.

Making it the cheapest blu-ray player? Theres other features in a PS3 also, add all the other features and the blue ray together and its not gonna be cheap.

At DevStation they said to developers that it had to be the equivalent to the cheapest Blu Ray Player on the market so that in the future it will decrease the cost of Blu Ray Discs.

ZeldaFreak, it's quite obvious that you don't like revolution for one reason or another. So what do you want us to do about it? Beg Nintendo to change the console to your needs? - I don't think so mate.

And my GOD! You are such an Arrogant prick!

Sign in to follow this