Good or Bad?

How do you like it?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like it?

• LOVE IT!!!
    • I'm happy!
    • Meh...
    • WHY NINTENDO!?!? WHY!?!

The controllers is awsome. And i bet we will get a Gun version of that pointer very soon. Maybe by namco or some 3dparty deveopler :)

Ahahahahaaha!! Jeez this controller isn't gonna prove too well for the hermits of this world.

Was that an insult aimed at me; sorry, my intelligence level doesn't drop as low as some forum members on here.

I'm so so happy! having seen the video (if you haven't i highly reccomend it) i can imagine games being so fun to play. I honestly think that when the general public see this, they'll say 'wow.' Nintendo, I believe you may have bloomin' well done it! ;)

lol, its all down to how you hold yourself. people need to be aware of their bodies and when they are damaging their bodies. but yeah, the high level of interactivity will be cool, on thing I can think of though is potentially larger space will be needed for multiplayer games. though now there is online so...

You also said you would feel stupid with people watching; you have some obvious insecurites.

If you want to carry this on, please PM me, so as not to mess up the forum with your inane ranting against me.

Btw, the point you make is complete BS, I don't wanna have to stand in the room slashing around like a moron. Thats all that I mean, 'obvious insecurities' my arse; I am a guy who uses the DDR mat at least once a week, so I don't mind doing stuff in front of people.

I don't know what to think.

In some respects its really cool, in others it just looks like a leap in a very strange direction... if this will pay off. I just don't know.

I hope we can somehow use a GC controller for some of the new games.

The problem is, do people want to be seen waving a controller around trying to kill something.

I guess i'm happy with it, though I need to see it in action with a game to express my final opinion.

I'm not too sure what I think about it...

oh interesting.. it's just so hard to comment on without any actual games to show off.

But im getting the Rev... along with the xbox360

The problem is, do people want to be seen waving a controller around trying to kill something.

Hmmm... I think there's going to be a lot of people worried solely about they're image when playing this... This console might not go down well in western shores. I suppose lightguns are popular, the eyetoy is popular and nobody thought like this waving at on-screen ninjas.

Why don't you just down a few pints and nobody will give a shit.

Why don't you just down a few pints and nobody will give a shit.

So that means every time you want to play the revo, you get to drink loads before hand...I like the way you think CS... :p

I can't say I'm hugley excited at the moment, I'll reserve my judgement until I see some actual games

This is not too far from what I thought would be the final result, after reading an N-Sider editorial on IGN a few months back, though I envisaged the motion-sensing component being more the add-on rather than the central focus. Players on the Revolution aren't going to be as inactive as a lot of previous consoles have been blamed for being, in light of increasing obesity (quickly looks in the mirror). My only concern is that for people with mobility restrictions and disabilities (I have a muscle disorder which means I exhaust my ability to do strenuous/repetitive actions fairly quickly) are going to have some trouble with this, though it might be interesting to see how things go with a bit more regular exercise beyond what I force myself to do.

I think the custom controllers for this could be interesting, though. A lot of people have already mentioned playing the next-gen Zelda where you're swinging a sword, how about if the main motion controller was replaced with a Master Sword mini replica and the analogue stick add-on was built into a shield that was also motion sensitive. Not only would you be swinging your sword around, you'd be blocking with your shield too.

Having just seen the speech of Iwata I'm partly excited but still a bit unsure about it. I still have to see some real games being played with the controller or maybe trying it myself to get a better look of how it works.

I think you can do a lot of cool things with this controller for example in Zelda where you can control the exact movement your sword makes or when shooting an arrow you have to use the controller to pull it back aim and let it go. Or you can select things in the menu by pointing and clicking.

But I don't know how it will have to be used in other games like for example Fifa (I personally never play this, but for people who do) how do you shoot the ball. I'd think it'd feel weird using your arm for that.

Also your arm will get tired after a while from too much waving around which can possibly be a problem I think if you want to continue playing. Maybe there's still a way to play without the need to point at the TV.

I hope we'll get some more info soon especially some demo videos.:)

This is just incredible, probably some of the most impressive technology I have ever seen and it will be available in everyone's HOME in a year. Coupled with the backwards compatibility and internet, it feels like the gaming industry has been building up to this moment. Hyped doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this. This is the future and my favourite company is bringing it. Bringing it big style. How can anyone go back to the Sony PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers after this? They seem so outdated.

The lack of a visor will clearly upset some people.

At the moment i voted Why, Nintendo? As Im unsure what to think of this new device.

I'm pleased at the mostly positive responses to the controller. That is saying something considering everyone's first impressions of it are accompanied by a stony silence.

But once you have time to think about the new directions that it will take videogaming, you can't help but get excited.

And what an incredible move by Nintendo to push back the boundaries of conventional gamesplaying AND allow us to play Nintendo games of yesteryear. It's like they've covered the past, present and future of videogames into one console. Fantastic!

Theres a similar poll on the BBC website,

BBC revolution poll

Get voting people!

By the way I love the controller and I really cant wait to see what some of the more adventurous dev. companies can do with it.

absolute genius, opens up new types of games for consoles, makes the playing experience more involved. Kudos to nintendo for having the guts to be different, they pretty much stopped me buying the xbox 360 (student = poor). Hope the general public react in the same way.

I hate it, being a self-confessed gaming philistine. Hell, I reckon the 64 got it right.

Actually, I reckon I'll wait until I use it before slagging it off... But if I still don't like it then I won't bother with a revolution.