NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Yeah butif you ahve a PS3 you can runt he game at it's intended capability. This is why i, like Takeo said, am prefering console gaming, games are made to work, on PCs you have to update, or have crazy graphics cards, processors and what-not.

Yeah I have always hated PC gaming for that very reason and probably always will.

Does the PSN update at midnight tonight or any other certain time or is it just random? Cant wait to get my hands on the Heavenly Sword demo.

For those interested you can get Gundam: Target in Sight on play.com for £15.99. Before you go thinking I have bought this to play I havent as you can trade this in at Game or Gamestation for £25-30 so theres instantly a £10 profit to be made :) They also have NBA 2K7 and NHL2K7 for £17 a piece, may pick them up aswell for trading purposes.

MSG4 looks hot! A.I still looks suspect though. After Snake chokes out the 1st soldier he leaves him lying on the floor. Watch the 2nd soldier, he walks over and acts like nothing happened.

Crysis still looks like the best graphically if you ask me!!

Crysis does look a tad better graphically, but it's running on a PC that costs like £2000.

I think the demo was made in such a way to show off all snakes new abilities and such. It's not indicative of the final game which has like 6 months+ left to gestate.

I watched one of the Gametrailers E3 reports last week ( cant remember which one ) and even they said at E3 Crysis is still having problems running at a smooth rate.

Can someone direct me to some good Playstation websites for news/reviews etc? For Nintendo stuff I go to Gonintendo, 360 I use TeamXbox and the official forums but I havent a clue for the Playstation stuff.

I watched one of the Gametrailers E3 reports last week ( cant remember which one ) and even they said at E3 Crysis is still having problems running at a smooth rate.

Can someone direct me to some good Playstation websites for news/reviews etc? For Nintendo stuff I go to Gonintendo, 360 I use TeamXbox and the official forums but I havent a clue for the Playstation stuff.

Whats wrong with multiplatform sites?

Frame rates are the last thing to be optimised during development along with loading times, right?

Hi guys!

I bought a PS3 + Motorstorm + Resistance: Fall of Man today! I'm very happy with my purchase so far and I was VERY pleasantly suprised when I saw that the PS3 didn't have any big @ss netadapter like the 360 got *shivers*. I also liked the user-friendly navigation in the PS3 system, very simple and yet informational.

Regarding the games: So far I've only played Motorstorm, me and my friend had some great laughs at each other cause we really sucked at some times but we manages to clear some stages hehe.. about to launch Resistance in a few mins!

Whats wrong with multiplatform sites?

Frame rates are the last thing to be optimised during development along with loading times, right?

I use Eurogamer for the multi news but I like going on forums that are console specific.

As for frame rates and loading times I havent a clue. I dont take an interest in how games are made, I just play them :)

Handy to know when your reading all these previews months before a game is released anywhere though. Some sites like 1up know it's not final code so tend to refrain from making comments about it unless it causes the game to be unplayable.

Kotaku ftw btw!

I was VERY pleasantly suprised when I saw that the PS3 didn't have any big @ss netadapter like the 360 got

If you can't fit an ethernet cable up your ass you have problems.

Hi guys!

I bought a PS3 + Motorstorm + Resistance: Fall of Man today! I'm very happy with my purchase so far and I was VERY pleasantly suprised when I saw that the PS3 didn't have any big @ss netadapter like the 360 got *shivers*. I also liked the user-friendly navigation in the PS3 system, very simple and yet informational.

Regarding the games: So far I've only played Motorstorm, me and my friend had some great laughs at each other cause we really sucked at some times but we manages to clear some stages hehe.. about to launch Resistance in a few mins!

Another person joins the ranks of N-E PS3 owners :)

Just been playing some more Resistance, really enjoying that game, so much so that I haven't even put Virtua Fighter or Motorstorm into the PS3 yet!

There's a pretty good deal at Gamestation for that, deal every hour or something.

60GB PS3, any 2 selected games and an extra pad fror £389.99.

Just looking at the games, F1, Genji, Motorstorm, Resistance, RR7.

However a deal at Hmv.

60GB, any 2 games from selected, extra controller and 2 Blu-ray movies for £424.99 looked better.

Don't know why I'm posting this. Not like I'm getting one any time soon.

I have some questions about PS3 games...

1. What are some good PS3 exclusive games?

2. And would I be better off buying the PS3 version of GTA IV? Cause of this.

And what are some accessories that I absolutely should have?

Thanks!

There's a pretty good deal at Gamestation for that, deal every hour or something.

60GB PS3, any 2 selected games and an extra pad fror £389.99.

Just looking at the games, F1, Genji, Motorstorm, Resistance, RR7.

However a deal at Hmv.

60GB, any 2 games from selected, extra controller and 2 Blu-ray movies for £424.99 looked better.

Don't know why I'm posting this. Not like I'm getting one any time soon.

I think that second bundles on Play for....actually I dont know how much dosh.

2. And would I be better off buying the PS3 version of GTA IV? Cause of this.

And what are some accessories that I absolutely should have?

Thanks!

Well exclusive DLC is confirmed for the 360 version. Nothing so far confirmed on the PS3.

Thanks!

Motorstorm and Resistance are great titles. I have only played the demo of Ninja Gaiden Sigma but that also seems pretty sweet.

If you can live without achievements get GTA on the PS3 they both have exlusive content and the PS3 version will look/run abit better.

If you can live without achievements get GTA on the PS3 they both have exlusive content and the PS3 version will look/run abit better.

I thought 360 was the lead on GTA? And you can't say that anyway, neither version is finalised and done. I mean sod all is really known about the game still, let alone which version will play better/smoother/have extra content. M$ did play some mega millions for exclusive content, can't see them doing that unless next to no extra content is coming out for the PS3 version. Wait and see. . .

PS3 has alot more power, it will 99% run abit better. And rockstar are having problems fitting the whole game on just a 7GB DVD so they mite have o dampen graphics abit.

PS3 has alot more power, it will 99% run abit better. And rockstar are having problems fitting the whole game on just a 7GB DVD so they mite have o dampen graphics abit.

What i'm saying is who knows what the finished product will be like in the end. We all know that quite a lot of the multiformat games run better on 360, and since the game doesn't come out for months, might as well hold off and read a few reviews comparing the two before deciding which to get.

Only 360 has additional downloadable content so I would say you are getting the full GTAIV on 360.

Caris where the hell are you coming up with those figures?

Only 360 has additional downloadable content so I would say you are getting the full GTAIV on 360.

Rockstar have stated that if you want the full experience of GTA then get it on the 360, its over at eurogamer, cant be bothered with a link :)

from his ass :laughing:

To be honest I don't up to what point it's hard to put 720p stuff on a DVD (why do you say 7gb aren't they 9gb?), cause I don't know the sate of compression techology, but so far it hasn't proven to be a problem.

Hellfire that was so funny! :laughing:

Nah Calza that figure was a example sorry if you took it the wrong way, i just ment PS3 has more power so it will be like having a multi format game on the PS2 and Xbox last gen, the Xbox always had a slightly better version of the game. But your right it's not out yet so we shall just wait and see.

If you can't fit an ethernet cable up your ass you have problems.

What I meant by netadapter was the power supply .. the big fricken thing.

:heh:

Sony Q1 Earnings

Earnings Release (PDF)

Supplementary Material for Electronics (PDF)

Presentation Slides (HTML)

Fiscal year 2007 is from April 2007 to March 2008

i132872_asdf.JPG

No more production shipments. Recorded sales only now!

Sales and operating revenue increased 13.3% over same quarter last year to $16 billion

Operating income increased 267% over same quarter last year to $808 million

Game Division

Sales increased 60% over same quarter last year

Q1 2007 operating loss of $237 million primarily due to PS3

Sales and operating revenue:

in billions of yen, millions of USD

Q1 FY06 ¥122.5

Q1 FY07 ¥196.6 $1,598

Operating income (loss)

in billions of yen, millions of USD

Q1 FY06 (Â¥26.8)

Q1 FY07 (Â¥29.2) $(237)

"Inventory s of June 30, 2007, was ¥227.0 billion ($1,846 million), which represents a ¥105.0 billion, or 86.1% increase compared with level of June 30, 2006. This increase was primarily to due to buildup of finished goods inventory following the introduction of the PS3 platform in Japan, North America, and Europe. Inventory increased by ¥28.2 billion, or 14.2%, compared with the level as of March 31, 2007."

Reuters: TOKYO, July 26 (Reuters) - Sony Corp. (6758.T: Quote, Profile, Research) said its quarterly profit more than trebled after strong digital camera sales and a softer yen outstripped losses at its game unit, and it stood by its annual outlook, which is above market expectations.

Sony, which competes with Canon Inc. (7751.T: Quote, Profile, Research) in digital cameras and Microsoft Corp. (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) and Nintendo Co. Ltd. (7974.OS: Quote, Profile, Research) in video games, earned an operating profit of 99.32 billion yen ($825.6 million) in April-June, up from 27.05 billion yen a year earlier.

This is a turnaround from an operating loss of 113.4 billion yen in the previous three months, when Sony booked losses at its once high-flying game unit.

Sony's PlayStation 3 game console has lagged Nintendo's Wii in monthly sales since their launches late last year due to the PS3's high price and scarcity of strong software titles.

Sony kept unchanged its operating profit forecast of 440 billion yen for the year to March 2008. That is up sharply from 71.75 billion yen a year earlier, when the company was hit by hefty costs for launching the PS3, and compares with a consensus of 423.7 billion in a poll of 20 analysts by Reuters Estimates.

12_image.jpg

Hardware/Software Sales for Q1. These are recorded sales, not production shipments:

Worldwide hardware unit sales (increase compared to the same quarter the previous year)

PS2 - 2.7 million (an increase of .37 million)

PSP - 2.14 million (an increase of .73 million)

PS3 - .71 million

Worldwide software (increase/decrease compared to the same quarter of the previous fiscal year):

PS2 - 31.1 million (decrease of 1.6 million)

PSP - 9.9 million (increase of .6 million)

PS3 - 4.7 million

Sales and operating revenue

2006 - 122.5 Yen

2007 - 196.6 Yen

Change in Yen - +60.5%

2007 - $1,598 million

operating income (loss)

2006 - (26.8)

2007 - (29.2)

2007 - Loss of $237 million