NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

The original PSX controller had no rumble and also no analog sticks. Then they brought out the DualShock, which ahd these features. It was simply upgraded for the PS2 and PS3.

No, they first had the one withthout analogues, then one with analogues, then one with better analogues and rumble.

Just remembered playing MGS for the first time.

Psycho Mantis: "Ahhh, I see your playing with a DualShock controller! Let me show you my power!"

Just remembered playing MGS for the first time.

Psycho Mantis: "Ahhh, I see your playing with a DualShock controller! Let me show you my power!"

reminds me of the first MGS 4 trailer where Otocon is controlling the little robot and he says its powered by "Cell Processor" technology, the technology that "Will win the console war"

More like the other way around...

Fair point.

Sony - (Square-Enix + Konami) = pretty screwed

Sony CEO David Reeves said he expects that the first batch of PS3's made will be Europe-bound!

In an exclusive interview with MCV, the Euro boss moved to reassure the industry of SCE’s newfound commitment to Europe – but admitted that some European territories may only be allocated ‘small seed’ numbers of the console for day one.

“I hope we will be day and date with US and I hope that we’ll get the same quantities as US as well,” said Reeves. “I don't think we’ll be disadvantaged. In fact I believe the first PS3s being manufactured are being made for Europe – which is a first."

“Between November 17th and December 31st we'll hope to put them in as many European territories as we can, even if we have to place small seed quantities on day one."

Source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=7444

This will theoretically mean that If dellays arise. Europe should get PS3 before US. Even tgough I higly doubt it.

Well they are probably being manufactured in the US and in Asia so it would make sense to ship to EU first because it will counter any shipping delay and beaurocratic problems. And knowing the EU there will be lots.

But there will only be a small number. So in fact it makes no difference to if they released it later with a decent amount of stock. It just makes Sony look better. I'm guessing that UK will probably get the largest shipment. What are we thinking? Maybe 2000 units for the whole country?

One thing i can confirm, it will sell probably 3 or 4 units in poland, consoles that arent piratable DO NOT SELL THERE, or any other non uber rich country.

They must have realized that Europe is probably their biggest market without competitors.

We don't know if PS3 will be piratable, after a few years it probably will be.

Ah but thats after a few years. the problem is, BR discs are expensive in itself, and you will need people with burners etc. i will say 4 years + and you have piratable ps3s.

After 6 months, we have piracy on Xbox 360, i'm thinking 1 or 2 years for PS3.

Really !!? i never knew they cracked the 360??

Its pointless now cracking systems as the companys can just make updates to stop it

I think the 360's new update was delayed because of this hack. It will be fixed when its released

Same thing will happen to the PS3 if it gets hacked

Unless you don't have live ...

or you could pull out the ethernet cord if you only play singleplayer games.

Pointless tho imo

The whole point in the 360 is having live, and I think it will be the same for the PS3 and Wii

In an exclusive interview with MCV, the Euro boss moved to reassure the industry of SCE’s newfound commitment to Europe – but admitted that some European territories may only be allocated ‘small seed’ numbers of the console for day one.

“I hope we will be day and date with US and I hope that we’ll get the same quantities as US as well,” said Reeves. “I don't think we’ll be disadvantaged. In fact I believe the first PS3s being manufactured are being made for Europe – which is a first."

“Between November 17th and December 31st we'll hope to put them in as many European territories as we can, even if we have to place small seed quantities on day one."

And Reeves also responded to the recent discussions across the market over the console’s £425 price tag:

“When Blu-Ray players come out in Europe they are probably going to be between €900 and €1,000. So €599 for a Blu-Ray player – which is what a PS3 is – and a games machines with lots of good titles coming out as well is actually a steal. And the €499 unit, because that will also play Blu-Ray, is even better value.”

Source.

“I hope we will be day and date with US and I hope that we’ll get the same quantities as US as well,†said Reeves. “I don't think we’ll be disadvantaged. In fact I believe the first PS3s being manufactured are being made for Europe – which is a first."

And Reeves also responded to the recent discussions across the market over the console’s £425 price tag:

“When Blu-Ray players come out in Europe they are probably going to be between €900 and €1,000. So €599 for a Blu-Ray player – which is what a PS3 is – and a games machines with lots of good titles coming out as well is actually a steal. And the €499 unit, because that will also play Blu-Ray, is even better value.â€

Source.

1. It's going to be a carbon copy of the 360s launch, there will be shortages everywhere, can';t see it being in as high a demand because of the price tag, but there will still be plenty of idiots with more money than sense willing to pay anything for it on Ebay.

2. Doesn't really matter how much cheaper a PS3 is than a Blu Ray player, Blu Ray is the new Betamax, it won't be in demand.

but there will still be plenty of idiots with more money than sense willing to pay anything for it on Ebay..

And hopefully, I'll be having a good christmas :santa: