NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Dunno if this guy knows what he's talking about (I'd hope his technical knowledge is better than his English), but I thought I'd post it anyway:

"PS3 hardware slow and broken"

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32171

Its Inquirer so just ignore it. When they were new they gave ATI and Nvidia fans lots of headaches.

Its Inquirer so just ignore it. When they were new they gave ATI and Nvidia fans lots of headaches.

GOD I MISSED YOU.

LET'S CATCH UP SOMETIME.

<3<3<3

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Porting PC Games To PS3 Could Take 'Two-Three' Years

Hiromichi Tanaka of Square Enix stated the creating a port of Windows version of FFXI to the 360 was a fairly swift job due to the hardware, but porting the title to the PS3 would require development alsmost from scratch and would perhaps take two to three years to complete. To me this sounds like good news, as the PS3 hardware is very unique - seeing as it's not so easy just to port games over, developers will be forced to look to be original and produce optimal games for the PS3.

source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=7747

Porting PC Games To PS3 Could Take 'Two-Three' Years

Hiromichi Tanaka of Square Enix stated the creating a port of Windows version of FFXI to the 360 was a fairly swift job due to the hardware, but porting the title to the PS3 would require development alsmost from scratch and would perhaps take two to three years to complete. To me this sounds like good news, as the PS3 hardware is very unique - seeing as it's not so easy just to port games over, developers will be forced to look to be original and produce optimal games for the PS3.

source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=7747

good news? bad news indeed. being that dificult is not genius it's just stupid.

Wii is also a stand alone architecture (or "unique"), just as GC was, with a PowerPC instead of a x86 architecture, and with a proprietary graphics chip...

Still we are talking about a classic gaming console here, so PS3 should be easy enough to port games over, wii doesn't need it as much as it will have titles made from ground due to the controller.

It's quite stupid for Sony to mass-produce a machine like that...

Developers hate those, they just want to program and have results, the earlier the better. it's better to put a game out in 2 years than taking 4 years to do the same thing, for obvious reasons.

Sounds fanboysish to defend that, that particular aspect is due to the console being very "unique"

I'm just posting what Maxconsoles said. I agree with you.
I know :grin: just wanted to express my opinion towards their opinion...

Sony will be the most powerfull console mainly because it comes out a full year after X360 hit the market... using that time (1 year) I think they should have just invested in making the console on-par with X360 but much easier to develop for (rather than "more dificult"), programming for Xbox 360 is not a walk in the park either... it would be easier/cheaper to make a good looking game so they'd get more games that way, quality games even and consequently cheap but capable/good ports.

Developing hardware like that would not only please developers but even lower the cost for the consumer, because being easy to develop for often means it's very simple and without handycaps thus cheaper prices.

I think sony put their money on the wrong horse, now it's a matter of seeing how the market reacts to their console, but I'm certainly not rooting for them.

im watching the snony conference now, just for something to pass the time til the england match, and my god, hw much ran turismo can you bloody show! i really dont need to see the grand canyon track, ive seen the tokyo and the other one! cant skip it either as im watching it feeding from gamespot you have to join to download it. getting really boring and annoying hearing that person blow a horn on the game.

im really trying to see what theyre offering but its not coming through.

Id rather watch the ninty or M$ conf to pass the time but whatever floats...

Was choze the sony fanboy from the old forums, or am i thinking of someone else?

Was choze the sony fanboy from the old forums, or am i thinking of someone else?

Jepp :) that was him

Sony France says Wii for kids, more

SCEF’s Director of Communcations Richard Brunois was interviewed by Overgame. The following is an excerpt of the interview in relation to the Wii (translated from French):

“(If Sony’s controller was inspired by Wii’s) No. Today, when one speaks about new generation of machines, everyone arrives at a technological level at a little close equivalent. Nobody copies anybody because all the departments research and development work in the same direction. Afterwards, it is a question of choice…It is not because we saw Nintendo announcing this functionality that in six months Sony immediately started to develop something. In six months, it is impossible; this kind of project takes years.”

“(Overgame asked if Sony was worried about Wii) No because I think that we have different strategies, addressed of very different consumers. Nintendo has an enormous know-how on the play and the gameplay. Miyamoto is a large character of this industry, he can make incredible games. But we do not have at all same philosophy in terms of promise on the object in itself. We place ourselves more on the side of what Americans call entertainment, the leisure in general and includes/understands the play, of course, but also the music, the cinema and connectivity with the network. Nintendo is placed rather on the play, Mario and Zelda. They are addressed to the children and to the gamers first hour. It is that their public.

(after being told about games like Red Steel and that Nintendo was focusing on a different image then just “kiddy” he replies) One said the same thing on Gamecube and finally, they are nevertheless children (kiddy), in very great majority, who bought. Adults, bitten, truths gamers are always found… But the very great majority remains children nevertheless. (Could the image evolve?) With what I saw, frankly, not. One remains nevertheless on the fundamental ones of Nintendo, a philosophy which is clean for them and which succeeds to them very well.”

Source: http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=852

Stupid sony :/ not only do they copy (and lie about it) but they also bash the others (with lies, again)... they should just worry about themselfes, and leave the other competitors alone. :/

Nintendo has the older gamers in the market though, and all the children/kids he talks about want is GTA and "cool" games like that... I guess he is getting his facts from his ass (again).

Source: http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=852

Stupid sony :/ not only do they copy (and lie about it) but they also bash the others (with lies, again)... they should just worry about themselfes, and leave the other competitors alone. :/

Nintendo has the older gamers in the market though, and all the children/kids he talks about want is GTA and "cool" games like that... I guess he is getting his facts from his ass (again).

like i said before, has no one told him that the queue at E3 was 4 hours for one play, and that attendees(?)at E3 are over 18?

what does that say about games like mario galaxy and wii sports?

that theyd rather wait 4 hours to play something new and maybe a bit simple than play a remake of gran turismo in HD quality. (may not have been here im only ust saying, that GT thing at the conference was boring)

High-tech Sony patent

Barry Fox over at New Scientist makes a habit of rooting through patents, and his latest gathering of the new and novel ideas includes a Sony effort that might have big implications for games.

Sony's US Patent application 20060099808 describes an "electrorheological fluid device and an electronic apparatus, which realize satisfactorily changeable hardness or tension in a portion of the device or apparatus which a human body touches, enabling application to a product that needs to have portability."

Basically, the patent describes electronic devices and displays that are flexible enough to be rolled up or folded when not in use, but become rigid when a small electric current is passed through them. The application lists wide-ranging uses for the technology, and suggests it could be applied to cell phones, PDAs, PCs, remote controls, clocks, glasses, and even game systems.

"The electrorheological fluid device can be applied to, for example, part of a controller of a home-use game machine as another example of the electronic apparatus of the present invention. A user touches a control section of the controller by fingers, and the feeling of touch is controlled by the electrorheological fluid device. For example, if a game player is defeated in a fighting game, the electrorheological fluid device is controlled to become soft in order to improve the realistic sensations in the game."

As of press time, Sony representatives had not responded to GameSpot's requests for comment on the patent's planned uses.

source.

Sony Patents Batmans cape.

thats what I was thinking as I was reading it.:sad:

Those fold up LCDs already exist dont they?

Yeah i think they do but im not 100% sure... i just think i have seen them on TV somewhere.

And the ability to fold or roll up hardware does too. The foldable keyboard hmm.:woops:

And the ability to fold or roll up hardware does too. The foldable keyboard hmm.:woops:

the ds????

any flip phone these fold etc and are hardware, its nothing new.

the ds????

any flip phone these fold etc and are hardware, its nothing new.

After you finish playing the ps3, you just roll it up and tuck it away somewhere...

Yeah, you can tuck the ps3 into the size it was orginally going to be.

Fold up version will be $100 more