N-Europe

Red Steel -1ST Rev game screenshots in gameinformer

guarana

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people have a reason to be excited.

For one thing, it has put many people's minds at rest when it comes to the graphics. Yes, it does look a little vague. It's acting very much like a teaser, and it makes the audience want more. People are creaming over this because it is the first actual screenshots for the new console, and it's been a long time coming.

Next: We can now see for ourselves that companies are now understanding Nintendo's vision and can actually utilise the controller in effective ways. A big worry for me is that no company other than Nintendo would commit to the controller.

And finally, the game is going to be online. This is great from our point of view because the list of online games for a Nintendo console is gradually starting to grow. Who in their right mind wouldn't be excited?

Oh crap, now I have this, Metroid Prime 3, and SSB to buy at launch, as well as a second controller and a few N64 games to download...

But, on the bright side, it's coming out right before xmas (apparently/hopefully) so i could get a game from my parents, and at least to games and the console are cheaper than the ps3 or xbox360 equivelents.

Oh crap, now I have this, Metroid Prime 3, and SSB to buy at launch, as well as a second controller and a few N64 games to download...

But, on the bright side, it's coming out right before xmas (apparently/hopefully) so i could get a game from my parents, and at least to games and the console are cheaper than the ps3 or xbox360 equivelents.

I better start saving up now, I didn't even think of how much all those n64 and snes games would cost me. And as well as the games you mentioned theres also twillight princess and probaly zleda hour glass.

Thank you for letting us get hyped, but we didn't need your permission.

Well, even if you don't need it you can rest easy knowing you have my full consent.

And you're right, Fierce_LiNk. This is a big step for Nintendo fans. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I'm still going to reserve judgement until I know more. I don't want to create another CONNECTIVITY E3 scenario here. Man, that was like watching a funeral.

Well, even if you don't need it you can rest easy knowing you have my full consent. Hype away, Spirited. Hype away.

And you're right, Fierce_LiNk. This is a big step for Nintendo fans. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I'm still going to reserve judgement until I know more. I don't want to create another CONNECTIVITY E3 scenario here. Man, that was like watching a funeral.

I can see where you're coming from, and in a way i'm taking that stance as well. Right now, it seems we have one foot in the door. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get more screens for another, possibly 2, more games before E3. But yeah, E3 will be the place to be.

VAT will drive the cost of such low expectations up 17.5%

Even if it costs £129, you'll still be playing £22ish on top of that in tax. Americans get it added on post purchase depending on the state laws..

I think a Revolution on it's own without a game will be £149-159.

With a 1st party game bundle like Mario or Super Smash Bros. £169/179.

Plus a DVD dongle or Shell (if not included) or Extra controller £199/209

I'm putting away £200 for launch as I want the DVD dongle and a game.

I can see where you're coming from, and in a way i'm taking that stance as well. Right now, it seems we have one foot in the door. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get more screens for another, possibly 2, more games before E3. But yeah, E3 will be the place to be.

Nintendo can really do well for themselves with the Revolution if the reception is as good as the DS has been. I figure we'll see some third party stuff before the show too, in traditional E3 fashion, and that Nintendo will ice this rather revolutionary cake with a few choice decorations of their own.

My hopes for E3 are that we see a lot more Twilight Princess, and finally learn when we can acquire the Revolution and which games we'll be playing on it. A more concrete slab of information regarding their online service would be nice, too. After experiencing Xbox Live for so long, and being wowed by it's Xbox 360 integration, Nintendo will hopefully provide something as-good, if not better.

I dunno, all this happening. I just don't feel as overwhelmed as I would have a year or so ago. What has the Xbox done to me?

Nintendo can really do well for themselves with the Revolution if the reception is as good as the DS has been. I figure we'll see some third party stuff before the show too, in traditional E3 fashion, and that Nintendo will ice this rather revolutionary cake with a few choice decorations of their own.

My hopes for E3 are that we see a lot more Twilight Princess, and finally learn when we can acquire the Revolution and which games we'll be playing on it. A more concrete slab of information regarding their online service would be nice, too. After experiencing Xbox Live for so long, and being wowed by it's Xbox 360 integration, Nintendo will hopefully provide something as-good, if not better.

I dunno, all this happening. I just don't feel as overwhelmed as I would have a year or so ago. What has the Xbox done to me?

You've already had a slice of next gen gaming and you like it. The reason why many people here are more overwhelmed is because they are still hungry. ;)

To be honest, this is one game and one game alone. We've still got the big guns that have yet to be revealed. I remember prior to the Gamecube launch when i got excited over screen shots of Xtreme G3. I loved the game when i finally got hold of it, but i realised that there were other games out there that i perhaps weren't excited about at the time. We've still got a hell of a lot to look forward to yet.