NEurope
guarana

Red Steel -1ST Rev game screenshots in gameinformer

Haha if this is our reactions to a game by Ubisoft, expect 1000+ posts on threads once we see Mario, Metroid and Zelda. I'm so pleased with these screens they have completely reassured me of visuals!

hmm exactly, went to bed last night at 11, woke up and 10 more pages!, the e3 threads will be ridiculous, you post and then realise you've been sshunted to the next page as 20 other people post. I may just watch the videos on gamespot...

ok this is kinda off topic but can someone clear up what is meant by third party developers, since i was about 10 i thought they were developers hired by nintendo ,sony,micrsoft, like Ea who make games for all 3 consoles, meaning i thought developers who made exclusive games to companies 2nd party, i havent ever been explained it- im guessing what i sed a load of crap so if anyone can tell me thanks

hmm exactly, went to bed last night at 11, woke up and 10 more pages!, the e3 threads will be ridiculous, you post and then realise you've been sshunted to the next page as 20 other people post. I may just watch the videos on gamespot...

I will be getting a live stream of Nintendo's Press Conference at E3, I think Gamespot is doing one too.

Haha if this is our reactions to a game by Ubisoft, expect 1000+ posts on threads once we see Mario, Metroid and Zelda. I'm so pleased with these screens they have completely reassured me of visuals!

i no its bloody mint although i made the mistake of tryin to let idiots no about these events on another forum lets just say they were american and not from any coasts:hehe:

i love this shit i could hardly sleep

ok this is kinda off topic but can someone clear up what is meant by third party developers, since i was about 10 i thought they were developers hired by nintendo ,sony,micrsoft, like Ea who make games for all 3 consoles, meaning i thought developers who made exclusive games to companies 2nd party, i havent ever been explained it- im guessing what i sed a load of crap so if anyone can tell me thanks

First party:

Games by the company that makes the console.

Nintedo games is first party to Nintedo consoles

Second party:

Games by companies that are owned / partialy owned by the console.

Sillicon knigts where Second party to Nintendo. Bungie is second party for Xbox / Microsoft.

Third party:

Games by companies not owned by anyone. Are free to make games for any machine. Can make exlusive titles but often make games that span multiple consoles.

I will be getting a live stream of Nintendo's Press Conference at E3, I think Gamespot is doing one too.

I remember last year some smart cookie posted a link for IGN's Insider stream and I watched it for free - absolutely the best quality and best footage you could ask for, never once had to buffer, but I doubt someone will post the link again this year. I'm considering joining Insider purely for that, and just cancel the membership afterwards ;)

What sort of quality can you expect from Gamespot's stream skarmachild?

First party:

Games by the company that makes the console.

Nintedo games is first party to Nintedo consoles

Second party:

Games by companies that are owned / partialy owned by the console.

Sillicon knigts where Second party to Nintendo. Bungie is second party for Xbox / Microsoft.

Third party:

Games by companies not owned by anyone. Are free to make games for any machine. Can make exlusive titles but often make games that span multiple consoles.

cheers for that: so am i right in saying that Rare are a second party developer as they have been owned by Ninty and Microsoft, and a company like

EA are third party.

cheers for that: so am i right in saying that Rare are a second party developer as they have been owned by Ninty and Microsoft, and a company like

EA are third party.

Rare was second party to Nintendo but now they are second party to Microsoft. EA is third party :)

just bet on the grand national for a rider with a red top striped with a 'steely' grey. Im not a superstitious guy but hey...

Just trawled through the 25 pages of this huge thread.

Bloody hell, this game looks fuckin sick!!! I never thought I'd see a game like that on a ninty console.

Initially I had doubts about the revolution, but if they manage to have good 3rd party support and graphics as good as these then I am definately gonna get a revo.

I still want more info on the revo though. :indeed:

I remember last year some smart cookie posted a link for IGN's Insider stream and I watched it for free - absolutely the best quality and best footage you could ask for, never once had to buffer, but I doubt someone will post the link again this year. I'm considering joining Insider purely for that, and just cancel the membership afterwards ;)

What sort of quality can you expect from Gamespot's stream skarmachild?

Not too sure, I'm not sure if they are actually doing one - I just remember hearing something about it. Hopefully I'll get a private stream like I did last year courtesy of Dennis at DS-x2.

Wow, i love the screens, this has made my day already, and it's only 11:23

Not too sure, I'm not sure if they are actually doing one - I just remember hearing something about it. Hopefully I'll get a private stream like I did last year courtesy of Dennis at DS-x2.

hopefully gamespot will do it this year as well...when is E3 again...may something?

Actually, any game that is a "Microsoft Gaming Studio" is 1st party since they are 100% owned by Microsoft instead of having a small share in them.

hopefully gamespot will do it this year as well...when is E3 again...may something?

May 9th, 4.30pm - Nintendo conference

Edit: Damn I'm late.

6 or 7 ninty games on launch!

That just gets me all excited. 6-7 ninty games on day one?

YEAH!!!!!!! :bowdown:

Oh and i love all this excitement, this is what forums are all about. Come E3 there will be total mayhem but at least we will know it's all 100% official information and can all enjoy it all!

:awesome:

Actually, any game that is a "Microsoft Gaming Studio" is 1st party since they are 100% owned by Microsoft instead of having a small share in them.

Ok. mybad.

ok so 20 games on rev launch, a third ninty confirmed. Can anyone give me a brainstorm of the 6 or 7 it might be. Hopefulyl we'll have something completely fresh and original.

Retro Studios are 100% owned, and I classify them as a second party.

Hal Labs - same story, second party.

Thing is it's ambiguous, especially for Microsoft.

Originally, a second party was a development team, owned in whole or part, by a console manufacturer, that were not internal.

e.g. EAD is internal, and are therefore 1st party. Hal Labs aren't, although they did make the move for a short while, but are second party.

Where is Microsoft's head gaming division? I'd assume it's in the US, so someone like Rareware is still second party.

ok so 20 games on rev launch, a third ninty confirmed. Can anyone give me a brainstorm of the 6 or 7 it might be. Hopefulyl we'll have something completely fresh and original.

1. Super Mario 128

2. Super Smash Bros.

3. Metroid Prime 3

4. New Franchise

5. Possibly Animal Crossing

6. Possibly a new Pikmin

7. Possibly a new Donkey Kong

One will definitly not be Zelda, because they are coming off of the development of Twilight Princess, even though Zelda Revolution has been in development for a while now.

from wikipedia-In the video game industry, a first-party developer is a developer who is part of a company that actually manufactures a video game console. First-party developers may either use the name of the company itself (like Nintendo), or have a specific division name (like Sony's 989 Studios or Nintendo's Retro Studios). Unlike second-party developers, however, the first-party developer is considered part of the manufacturer, not a separate entity, and is wholly owned by the console manufacturer.

In the video game industry, a second-party developer is a developer who, while being a separate entity from any console manufacturer, is tied to a specific one usually through contract or partial ownership and makes games specifically for that console manufacturer.

The defining characteristic is that a second-party developer is a company completely separate from the manufacturer, while first-party developers are considered to be a "division" of the console maker itself.

A second-party developer should not be confused with an internal first-party studio. For example, Intelligent Systems, developers of the original Metroid games, is an internal Nintendo studio and therefore not second-party.

1. Super Mario 128

2. Super Smash Bros.

3. Metroid Prime 3

4. New Franchise

5. Possibly Animal Crossing

6. Possibly a new Pikmin

7. Possibly a new Donkey Kong

First 4 Sound about right to me, not sure if we will see Animal Crossing/Pikmin/Donkey Kong on day one.

My guess is Kirby Adventure for GC which never came out is a launch title for the Revolution with updated graphics and of course the remote being used to control Kirby!