NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Revolution Official Thread

Well, it was recently confirmed that the Zelda characters from the GC version will be back in it, but also lots more new characters from TP. Is it possible that Link can change into wolf form like Zelda/Shiek in SSBM? And which others will make an appearance? Also, how will the new controller work with fighting?

Well, it was recently confirmed that the Zelda characters from the GC version will be back in it, but also lots more new characters from TP.

That interview turned out to be an April Fools apparently.

I'm betting Mario and Luigi will be in the game. Yes my name is captain state the obvious.

I don't know how the control scheme will work.. I'm actually quite worried it will suck and is against the philosophy of the designers.

But because it's such a flagship for the console Iwata may have pressured the developpers to do it just because they can.

The idea that the system uses two controllers to punch is stupid though, because that means no 4 player wireless.. I'm confident it will use 1 controller + Nunchuka.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I am really excited for this game but the control scheme makes me nervous, I just can't think how they will implement the controller into this game.

Don´t forget that Ninty have already said that they won´t abandone the "old" controller scheme

Don´t forget that Ninty have already said that they won´t abandone the "old" controller scheme

Yeah right.

I just can't think how they will implement the controller into this game.

Lets say.. the nunchuka controller is for moving your character about the screen.

Pointing the free hand controller indicates what direction you want the controller to face (2D plane, left-right-up) so you can move left with the nunchuka analogue stick while still looking right or up defending an attack.

I think it's a no brainer that A will be punch and B will jump (or perhaps alternating depending on your style of fighting.

I dunno, one shoulder button on the nunchuka could be used for blocking and the other could be for a smash attack.

When pushing the smash attack shoulder button the free hand controllers movement is tracked accordingly and will determine which smash/how smashing that attack is.

D-pad? err.. I dunno what it could be for.

Any veterans care to edit my control scheme? I think it needs more emphasis on the free hand controller. Eg. faster movements/javs = harder punches but they need to be more accurate.

Otherwise it's only really using half the potential of the controller.

You could use the FHC easily but would be hard to do specials especially since it's a 2D fighter.I think it will be the Traditional way with a special mode to use the Rev Control

I've just realised that the Rev is more limited apart from the sensor than DS. Why did the producer not want a DS version then due to button lack?

I think there was a variety of hardware based reasons.. I dunno if they want to make the game for DS knowing it has such limitations.

Especially as the team that make the game have limited time available for developping games at a time.

I'd rather see a Revolution Smash Bros. and a game like Meteos (which he was involved in too) than the producer trying to rush everything on a system that cannot do the fast paced fighter justice.

I'm worried about the control scheme too, but it's Nintendo so it'll be good!New characters should include Birdo, Skull Kid, Darunia (the big goron), Wario, Boo, Paratroopa, hitmonlee/hitmonchan, Baby bowser and please give me Krystal :D

Ya never know we may be getting 3rd part characters on there such as viewtiful joe or even sonic.

I want Sonic as a character because he is one of my favorites.If the graphics are anything like Red Steel i'll become all dizzy :P

I want Sonic as a character because he is one of my favorites.If the graphics are anything like Red Steel i'll become all dizzy :P

If the graphics are like Steel we'll ALL be dizzy :yay:

Viewtiful joe would be a cool addiction as well as Sonic. They should throw some Pikmin in there too lol

No no no! They should keep it just Nintendo characters!

I can't wait for this game, I played it non-stop on the N64 and GC so I hope this version beats them both. I really hope they'll use the FHC well, I can't think how they'd do it at the moment but I'm sure they've found a suitable control scheme.

Viewtiful joe would be perfect for this game, he's become a big part of nintendo consoles now. We know he'll appear on the rev at some point anyway.

Zelda turning into a wolf on this game with be great, can't wait to see some video footage at e3

I'd prefer if this version of Smash Bros. was clean cut.. of course the Bros. can be rendered better- but how dark and gritty do we want it just to show off how good the console is?

I think if it is fast paced, an authentic fighter with more options than your mind can handle- and has nice backdrops that are distractingly beautiful I'll be happy.

No non-Nintendo characters! I'd hate it if they put Sonic, Viewtiful Joe and all that lot in. As for new characters, I wouldn't mind getting rid of Jigglypuff and Pichu in favour of some decent Pokémon, Wario is a must, Olimar would be interesting, and a Space Pirate would be really cool. I'd also like another F-Zero driver and one of the Wario Ware characters, liek Jimmy T.

Maybe they should call this one Super Smash Bros. and Co. I mean, what better way to welcome Hudson and Sega into the bosom of Nintendo than letting Bomberman and Sonic into the action?

I know there are some purists who frown upon the idea but I think it could work wonders for Nintendo's image.

I'm hoping for some Pikmin characters (don't know how that can happen with the size difference) and some more Star Fox characters. And how bout someone from 1080? Haha.

I'm hoping for some Pikmin characters (don't know how that can happen with the size difference) and some more Star Fox characters. And how bout someone from 1080? Haha.

Their smash attack could be throwing a snowball :PI think it would be great if chars from 3rd parties would be able to add chars in.

What about characters like Mallow from Mario RPG? The Koopa kids would rule, as well as Darunia and Tingle (so I can kick his head in!)

Maybe the Pikmin won't be playable characters, but more like weapons. Like the poke-balls. Pull one out of the ground and throw it (maybe some levels have a portion of the level designed as a field full of Pikmin flowers). Depending on the type of Pikmin you pull out of the ground, it does a different attack.

Sign in to follow this