NEurope
Hellfire

IGN: Revolution Horsepower

infernal, the revolution may be able to use momentum from the lite.

ds used momentum from the gba, ds lite used momentum from the ds, so the revo may use momentum from the lite...

at least in Japan

The DS was a success moreso because of the GBA...

I also think the 'DS was a success, REVO MUST BE A SUCCESS' comparisons are invalid. Nintendo owned 99% of the handheld market before they released the DS, it was a garanteed success, they had alot of momentum, whereas with the Revolution they dont.

What? After all the hype of the PSP, how it was the must have handheld, Nintendos dominance was over. that is what was in the press, in the homes and in the play grounds.

Sony had it wrapped up, problem is they screwed up majorly. with the shortages around christmas they gave it to nintendo on a plate. people had to think differently they had no option and guess what they liked it.

the DS success was not because of the GBA, sure that was a factor, but that said should the PSP not have cleaned up because of the PS fan base.

With the rev i think the DS being innovative will had a major influence. If done right nintendo can "hore" the DS to gaurentee rev sales.

I never doubted that the DS would at least be on par with the PSP. You're exaggerating the 'hype' the PSP had. The innovativity was a small factor in the overall sales. Most important were price and target audience, and the fact that it was a Nintendo handheld. If the DS was just a handheld on par with the Nintendo 64 (a Game Boy 3) it would also have sold pretty well.

The handheld market is different than the home console market. The handheld market allows for innovation, as each device stands on it own. It remains to be seen whether people can accept a different console like that. Saying the Revolution will have to be a success because of the DS's success doesn't work.

GameCube generation graphics are just fine. I'm sure we'll see an improvement on those. Let's be honest, what we're seeing on the Xbox 360 only really looks that much better because it's high definition.

Yeah Gamecube gfx is good enough.. on gamecube.. on Revolution I'd like to see more though.

Gamecube Re4 graphics with shader 3 effects plz (for revolution).

Like this (screeenshot of Tomb Raider Legends on PC @ 800x480)

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3647/lara800x4808zw.jpg

Brothers in Arms 3 is a rumoured revoulution game in progress by Ubisoft. Who have a rumoured 7 games in progress. (Big Tac).

This game looks fantastic. Apparantly the scans are an indication of what thsi game will look like. Of course this is the 360 version and not the rev one but. The main reason I would buy this game on Rev is beacause of the amazing control it would have. If you think about it many CS players don't touch console FPS because of the lack of precise intuitive control. Im sure if the Rev was that underpowered it wouldn't be able to run a game like this at all.

http://revolution.qj.net/New-Brothers-in-Arms-3-Scans/pg/49/aid/15317

^

it says in the article that the game is running on the unreal 3 engine and I'm sure I read the other day that the Revo will not be able to run that. So I can't see the Revo version coming close to this

^

it says in the article that the game is running on the unreal 3 engine and I'm sure I read the other day that the Revo will not be able to run that. So I can't see the Revo version coming close to this

Pretty sure the REVO could run Unreal 3 engine. But I guess we're just going to have to wait for confirmation.

Mark Rein from Epic games said the Rev will definetly support the Unreal 3 engine.

*Wants BiA 3*

Mark Rein from Epic games said the Rev will definetly support the Unreal 3 engine.

*Wants BiA 3*

Have you got a source for that.

Not that I doubt your credibility.;)

Have you got a source for that.

Not that I doubt your credibility.;)

yeah he did, but then it could be a downscaled version

Yeah, he said 'the Revolution is perfect for UE3' after he made comments on that graphics rule all next gen.

I'm not sure if the Rev will run UE3 with those specs though.

yeah it was the PR guy i think that was slaging off the rev but he was invited by nintendo to have a look at it and quickly changed his tune. although i don't know what technical qualification he has. he is just a monkey in a suit.

Mark Rein has gone on record stating that you probably “won’t be seeing Unreal Engine 3 on the Revolutionâ€. He said this late last month... he then went on to state that the Unreal Engine 2X would be suffice.

Unreal Championship 2 (XB) is powered by the UE2X (Or 2.5) and it isnt a slouch when it comes to graphics.

Thats what I thought he said. However bearing in mind he hadn't seen the final Dev kits when he said this. I guess nothing is trustworthy anymore unless its straight from the horses mouth.

yeah it was the PR guy i think that was slaging off the rev but he was invited by nintendo to have a look at it and quickly changed his tune. although i don't know what technical qualification he has. he is just a monkey in a suit.
It wasn't a PR guy, it was Mark saying that Revolution would bring forward a load of gimmicky games.

When the news hit the web people at Nintendo said- well he hasn't seen the system yet, we're confident in what it can do and if he wants a dev kit then he's very welcome to have one'

The next day presumably after discussion with Nintendo about hardware he said the Unreal Engine would work fine on the Revolution and they were looking forward to doing experiments and junk.

He did note that for certain next gen games there would need to be noticeable sizing down of textures for Revolution to handle the games.

It wasn't a PR guy, it was Mark saying that Revolution would bring forward a load of gimmicky games.

When the news hit the web people at Nintendo said- well he hasn't seen the system yet, we're confident in what it can do and if he wants a dev kit then he's very welcome to have one'

The next day presumably after discussion with Nintendo about hardware he said the Unreal Engine would work fine on the Revolution and they were looking forward to doing experiments and junk.

He did note that for certain next gen games there would need to be noticeable sizing down of textures for Revolution to handle the games.

so i wasn't a million miles away was i?

Thats what I thought he said. However bearing in mind he hadn't seen the final Dev kits when he said this. I guess nothing is trustworthy anymore unless its straight from the horses mouth.

i guess really what all this boils down to is that:

1. the rev will not match the other two for graphics at all
  2. ... and we will have to wait for e3 to see just how big that gap really is.

i guess really what all this boils down to is that:

1. the rev will not match the other two for graphics at all
  2. ... and we will have to wait for e3 to see just how big that gap really is.

Pessimistic or Realistic, I'll let you decide;)

Pessimistic says half empty,

Optimistic says half full,

- I say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Screw HD and it's high energy consumption.

Unreal Engine 3.0 is impossible on the Rev, as you can see from those Red Steel shots. But I'm happy enough with an updated UE2.5 engine.

Unreal Engine 3.0 is impossible on the Rev, as you can see from those Red Steel shots. But I'm happy enough with an updated UE2.5 engine.

Epic has stated that the unreal 3 engine could be done on the rev.

Yeah.. just not in HDTV and ALL stuff turned on... UE3 is VERY scalable.

I'm gonna need a source

Of course it can be run, thats not the problem. The problem is can EPIC be stuffed porting the engine down?

No, EPIC have stated that they wont and will be using the UE2.5(X) instead, most probably because Nintendo wasnt prepared to fork over $X amount of millions.

lol nintendop earned 808million $ this year..... Iwata grabs into his socks and pulls 1million dollars in 100 dollar notes and smiles: Ahhm is that enough for my enzo, i want it now....

After seeing those RED STEEL shots FUCK Unreal 3 engine.

I WANT RED STEEL