N-Europe

2 Zelda's?

Marbles

Reggie stated a few weeks back that the Rev controller would only work with Rev games.

Now we've just had Miyamoto come out and say

“And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller.â€

So that could mean,

Reggie is full of it.

OR

A gamecube zelda and a Special edition zelda for the Rev??? :yay:

My guess...

Reggies full of it :bowdown:

there is onbly one zelda and it will work on gcube and revo u knowz ir!!!

No-one knows yet

Copy and Pasted

Nintendo of France's new marketing director has suggested that Revolution controls for Twilight Princess are a cert, in one form or another...

Marketing director Mathieu Minel has been interviewed by French gaming site Jeux-France, and was questioned specifically about whether Twilight Princess would include Revolution controls - quite the ongoing saga of late in the world of Nintendo.

Jeux-France: "Will the next Zelda, still scheduled for Gamecube be, also playable on the future Nintendo Revolution and the exclusive functionalities of its controller? Will the game be released this Spring?"

Mathieu Minel: "I just know that Nintendo will release either a special edition of Twilight Princess for Nintendo Revolution's controller new functionalities or include these functionalities directly into the original sourcecode, thanks to the compatibility between the two systems. But actually we still don't know which option will be chosen. We don't have any releasedate as well, but we're already working on all the marketing aspects of Twilight Princess so I think the game will be out soon, even if the exact date is yet unknown. It all depends on the compatibility with the Revolution and a lot of others things. You know, this game will be a full set of surprises, especially with a new and violent battle system but I can't tell anymore."

Makes sense of what reggie said with what he said at last years GDC,he said something along the lines of "When I go down to my local game shop and pre-order Zelda and get my premium package"

First Miyamoto knows more than Reginald.

He merely slipped up.. he probably wasn't aware of the GameCube disc being source code compatible with Revolution's interface.. perhaps this is a last minute change which caused the delay that Reggie was just not informed about.

I wouldn't get hooked on one little statement that the GameCube discs wont work with the FHC.. I think Zelda will merely be an exception.

I'm reasonably confident Zelda will launch as a GameCube Revolution hybrid, in a GameCube box at GameCube price.. but it will launch around the time of Revolution allowing those who want to upgrade to Revolution to make the most.. a possibility.

It will improve sales of the console and you can bet the GameCube box has a sticker on it in store saying "100% Revolution Compatible" to alleviate any consumer confusion.. it's a missed oppurtunity if they don't do as above.

I'm sure I heard pretty early on in Twilight Princesses development that there would be 3 versions of the game made, but that the news also said (at the time), that all 3 versions may not make it onto the market.

I really can't remember who said this (though I have a feeling it was from Nintendo), and I'm not sure where I read it, but;

Versions 1 & 2 would likely be a Collectors Edition and a Standard Edition (like they did with Wind Waker, and other games such as Halo etc..),

Version 3 could well be a Rev version of the game!

First Miyamoto knows more than Reginald.

He merely slipped up.. he probably wasn't aware of the GameCube disc being source code compatible with Revolution's interface.. perhaps this is a last minute change which caused the delay that Reggie was just not informed about.

I wouldn't get hooked on one little statement that the GameCube discs wont work with the FHC.. I think Zelda will merely be an exception.

I'm reasonably confident Zelda will launch as a GameCube Revolution hybrid, in a GameCube box at GameCube price.. but it will launch around the time of Revolution allowing those who want to upgrade to Revolution to make the most.. a possibility.

It will improve sales of the console and you can bet the GameCube box has a sticker on it in store saying "100% Revolution Compatible" to alleviate any consumer confusion.. it's a missed oppurtunity if they don't do as above.

I totally agree :laughing: and I think Im going to play it with the gc controller first then when Ive completed it I will play it again with the FHC :D

I'm sure I heard pretty early on in Twilight Princesses development that there would be 3 versions of the game made, but that the news also said (at the time), that all 3 versions may not make it onto the market.

I really can't remember who said this (though I have a feeling it was from Nintendo), and I'm not sure where I read it, but;

Versions 1 & 2 would likely be a Collectors Edition and a Standard Edition (like they did with Wind Waker, and other games such as Halo etc..),

Version 3 could well be a Rev version of the game!

Spong said that,I'd get both aswell but TP will probably be the only GC that works on Rev

I wouldn't get hooked on one little statement that the GameCube discs wont work with the FHC..

That wasn't said, all that was said was that GAMECUBE games wouldn't work with the FHC.

no one said that Revolution games have to be on large discs.

no one said how the GameCube would potentially react to revolution game code.

No one has said that TP won't contain any revolution game code, just that TP would run on the cube, and it would also run on the revolution.

Just a thought here, but see,TP may not be a GC game, it may not be just a revolution game - it could be a backward compatible game disc. A revolution game that would run on a gamecube, written on a GC sized disc...

With regard to Reggie's comment about not being able to use the FHC with GC games, I'm guessing it's more a case of there's no automatic functionality that will allow you to play a GC game with the FHC. If a GC game is coded to include FHC options, when played in the Revolution, then there's no reason why it can't.

That wasn't said, all that was said was that GAMECUBE games wouldn't work with the FHC.

no one said that Revolution games have to be on large discs.

no one said how the GameCube would potentially react to revolution game code.

No one has said that TP won't contain any revolution game code, just that TP would run on the cube, and it would also run on the revolution.

Just a thought here, but see,TP may not be a GC game, it may not be just a revolution game - it could be a backward compatible game disc. A revolution game that would run on a gamecube, written on a GC sized disc...

Chill winston, I read this "Reggie stated a few weeks back that the Rev controller would only work with Rev games. " and assumed the standard proprietary medium for Revolution games was DVD.

It's not that big of a deal.

With regard to Reggie's comment about not being able to use the FHC with GC games, I'm guessing it's more a case of there's no automatic functionality that will allow you to play a GC game with the FHC. If a GC game is coded to include FHC options, when played in the Revolution, then there's no reason why it can't.

Yeah, that's how I figured it too.

There's nothing in there worth of a special version for the Revolution. If they'd include FHC swordfighting like a Revolution Zelda would, it would be something that contradicts their own statements of 'a Cube title' and would be devastating for a real Revolution-only Zelda. They won't update the graphics (not much beyond the occassional fps improvent anyway) - there's simply no time. The year they've delayed it is there because the Cube title wasn't done yet, not to make a special Revolution version. A Zelda quite simply needs four years nowadays, and when they release later this year they've had that. If Nintendo was able to release it last year like they said at the E3, they would have.

The extra content could all fit on the Cube disc and then be triggered by the Revolution. No need for a special Revolution version.