NEurope

See. This has no new news. See what hype does? Bad revolution-europe

What did we do? We didn't write the address.

ok now that, that is over how about we discuss the pics of the Rev from the GDC?

Did anyone else notice the USB ports on the back?

http://media.revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697733/img_3480729.html

Now unless i missed something due to a black out that i am unaware of (which i prolly did) i never remember reading anything about USB ports, so what could these be for?

One question. By the time the gamecube was presented, did the codename dolphin last so many time as the revo name?

Well, I was expecting very little, and I got even less than that. What's Nintendo's recent thing with filling press conferences talking about non-games that we already know all about? I thought there'd be a new Twilight Princess video at the very least. This press-conference goes down with E3 'Aren't Elektroplankton and Nintendogs great!?' 2005 and E3 'Pac-Man is the future of gaming' 2003.

Nintendo had better have a good show ready for this year's E3.

In my hotel room.

Just be patient everybody. This week will bring forth some interesting and exciting news. Even though there are some nda's flying around this week. But hey all I can say is just wait. I can't wait unti E3.

Oh Sony, Sony, Sony. I have some interesting things from developers. Good and bad. But Sony fans should expect lots of news also.

So where was all that stuff ...

Big Tac if there is any news to say can you just tell us because Nintendo certainly won't.

One question. By the time the gamecube was presented, did the codename dolphin last so many time as the revo name?

once the Gamecube hardware was shown they gave it the name Gamecube, actually i think about 3 weeks before it was shown it was changed from Dolphin to "Star Cube".

The Rev is different since we've seen the hardware, although it may/will change at E3 and we still don't know if the name will be kept or not.

Hell they could wait till the last minute to change the name like they did with the N64 which was gonna be "Ultra 64" even had ads in magazines before the release with the "U64" as the name, then out of nowhere it was changed

Well I am satisfied with that info! Sega Mega Drive games too... HELL YES!!! Zelda DS... AWESOME!!!

Finally someone who is talking some sense!

Edit: I was referring to Kav82's post.

So, a freaking awesome Zelda DS game and SEGA and Hudson games on WFC aren't news I suppose.

so how are we going to be playing mega drive games with the controller? they must be releasing a shell for these games but for nes snes and n64 games iwata said this didn't he!

"He also reminded everyone that previous Nintendo titles will be playable with the controller."

he can only mean nes titles can't he? snes and n64 pads have far too many buttons. i just thought the above comment was a bit strange that's all

So, a freaking awesome Zelda DS game and SEGA and Hudson games on WFC aren't news I suppose.

The Zelda game is good news, although I'm not getting excited about it yet seeing as it won't be out here for at least a year, I imagine. The Sega and Hudson thing I couldn't really care less about though, to be honest.

I'm just annoyed that there was absolutely nothing about Twilight Princess (what's the point of keeping silent about this game until E3?), and that they spent most of the speech telling us about non-games like Brain Training that we already know about, and playing games on stage that we've already played / read about from other sources. There's also the fact, of course, that sources such as Big-Tac and others made out there was going to be some hugely exciting news.

I'm sure most of you have, but for those who haven't WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!

http://download.ds-x2.com/downloads/ZELDADS_640.wmv

wowowowowowowowoowowoowow :shock:

And the Sega news is great. I did expect more though, at least stuff on Twilight Princess.

me too zelda TP was a let down... but they left Sony with their pants on the hand, I mean... they showed God of War II to counter measure that, and Nintendo simply ignored them like "oh... that's of no importance to guarantee a response [with a zelda trailer]"

and... your link call's me a leecher :red:

i guess its all gonna make E3 even bigger and better! go over to the thread if you havent already

;o)

BigTac, I swear you said there'd be some 'exciting stuff' happening at GDC (about REV)

BigTac, I swear you said there'd be some 'exciting stuff' happening at GDC (about REV)

...and that's what happened! Mega Drive games on virtual console!!! :santa:

:indeed: When are people going to start realising that BigTac is not some big industry insider, he's just some guy who likes to pretend he is and makes some educated guesses about things. Most of the things he "reveals" are heavily rumoured by relatively trustworthy web sources at the time anyway.

I'm just annoyed that there was absolutely nothing about Twilight Princess (what's the point of keeping silent about this game until E3?), and that they spent most of the speech telling us about non-games like Brain Training that we already know about, and playing games on stage that we've already played / read about from other sources.

What they did was very GDC. You know what GDC is? It isn't E3. They did well to discuss more abstract side of game development. Did you really think they'd release pressure running up to E3? Wouldn't you use GDC to frustrate and build up even more pressure, which they will release A BIG TIME in E3?

I sympathise totally about your annoyance on the likes of BigTac contributing to hype. But seriously, don't be a moron all your life. This GDC presentation made perfect sense given the circumstance and context of the build-up towards E3.

Christ, I wish people put more context in their perspective. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a primary school here.

What they did was very GDC. You know what GDC is? It isn't E3. They did well to discuss more abstract side of game development. Did you really think they'd release pressure running up to E3? Wouldn't you use GDC to frustrate and build up even more pressure, which they will release A BIG TIME in E3?

I sympathise totally about your annoyance on the likes of BigTac contributing to hype. But seriously, don't be a moron all your life. This GDC presentation made perfect sense given the circumstance and context of the build-up towards E3.

Christ, I wish people put more context in their perspective. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a primary school here.

I have to disagree. First the GDC is a platform for developers. Iwata talked way too much about Brain Age, Metroid Prime and stuff which is surely nothing new for developers. I already knew that Brain Age will come with Sudoku. I knew that Aounuma directs Zelda DS. Furthermore now we have 2 Zeldas, 2 videos but nothing more. No release date nothing.

In my opinion you can use such events for 2 reasons:

1. Unveil many informations about upcoming games, consoles

2. Talk about things which really concern developers (development cost, shifting markets, ...)

Iwata did neither he talked about stuff which nearly everyone knows except the Sega/Hudson classics for download but still why mention that but don't name a game. I did not expect much about Revolution but rephrasing the same old words so it doesn't sound like blue ocean anymore is getting on my nerves.

system_error, if that is the case, if that is REALLY the case, then Iwata did not achieve what GDC is for, just as much as he didn't bring E3 to GDC. In other words, the criticism is still unfounded.

In reality Iwata still talked about how disruption is happening. Talking about Brain Age is an extension of how development philosophy is being manifested in their plan. In this way, the pendulum still swings in the direction of GDC than E3-esque presentation.

At best, you can criticize Iwata for not being quite as GDC-esque as they could have been. It would be totally out of context to criticize them for not revealing content or specific info of a console in GDC, when E3 is really the stage for it.

Otherwise there is no point for E3. Your argument essentially destroys the object of E3's existance.

Come on nearly EVERY developer knows what and how Nintendo attracts gamers and also non gamers. The success of the Brain Train/Age series in Japan speaks for itself. In my eyes he said what every developers already know: Different games can attract customers in the same way like a good sequel of a well known "conventional" game does.

E3 is only used to unveil the Revolution because strategically it is the best timeframe to do so. It is a huge trade show which was manipulated into a big commercial event. Without E3 Iwata had to reveal more about the Revolution today - holiday season, christmas that is very close to E3 concerning a console launch.