NEurope
hamzik

IGN-Matt hints we'll see Rev games before E3!

reggie accidentally coughed when he said "wouldnt it be awesome if there was 3d holograms"

*the whole forum goes nuts, people start to realise what stereoscopic actually means, a couch apparently is firm confirmation that it will be able to travel far distances inside a jet ski.

I guess thats how kids react these days to things like this................

What the hell does that shoddy piece of crap TV show have to do with this?

I doubt there will be much before E3, possibly the name or shell but thats a stretch.

I'd rather they hold everything back untill E3...and then nuke everything else in one go :)

Actually, that may be what Nintendo is aiming for. Why spread the hype when you can unleash it on one show? People are building expectations for the E3, and if you unleash it then and announce it to launch half a year later, those people will go crazy.

I suspect hype building is a big factor in Nintendo's silence right now. They want to 'win' E3. We're in for a hell of a show.

nothing will be shown (nothing important) for one reason

not a media stage show (hence the name games developers conference...)

E3 is a media frenzy

"nothing will be shown (nothing important) for one reason

not a media stage show (hence the name games developers conference..."

Well, they sure as hell showed a Zelda-trailer last year. And if they do that again I'l be a happy camper! I don't mind waiting for E3 for new Rev info, as long as Nintendo kicks E3's ass and I think they will. I mean...they got the Regginator!

"nothing will be shown (nothing important) for one reason

not a media stage show (hence the name games developers conference..."

Well, they sure as hell showed a Zelda-trailer last year. And if they do that again I'l be a happy camper! I don't mind waiting for E3 for new Rev info, as long as Nintendo kicks E3's ass and I think they will. I mean...they got the Regginator!

perhaps.

but by media im talking the full shibang. tv, newspapers etc etc. thats what e3 is for. other than game sites, who made a fuss over the zelda trailer?

I hear rumblings. Perhaps some of your wishes will come true. Some of the press is getting hyped. Some big info at GDC. Games shown and info made before E3 yes. If rumors about some kind of Nintendo Special event coming in April. Pre-pre E3. Regaurless if it's true or not Nintendo have a huge suprise. Hey maybe even a few. Some who know say Nintendo is on the rise. The DS may not be their only 1st prize. Revolution name revealed at GDC?

Whats the point of letting us wait SO LONG for Revolution games to be shown and keep telling us to wait for E3 2006, like we have for the past 6+ months and they then show stuff a month before? Seems pretty daft to me, they should of shown some January time and then said you'll see more at E3. Now i think they should just keep it for E3 and go absolutely mental and just take-over the whole show! :smile:

'Some who know say Nintendo is on the rise. The DS may not be their only 1st prize'

'Nintendo on the rise' may mean Nintendo is going into something more then just what they normally do now? I mean out of the norm, like creating films or something...

and when you say 'The DS may not be their only 1st prize' you don't mean there doing another handheld? That would totally feck me off! or do you mean the DS Lite?

I hate cryptic clues, i hate waiting for information and i hate Nintendo for being so bloody quiet with this Revolution!

:heh:

In the past havn't "big announcements" been leaked a few days before, in one way or another (actual leaks or controlled leaks). So that gets people syked and into the conference, and then bang! big stuff. Its a good tactic, leak a Zelda vid or maybe Nintendo can do a few mockups of Revolution's name/final design and stuff and personally leak them. It gets a lot of interest for the show.

Whats the point of letting us wait SO LONG for Revolution games

Im picturing a post E3 scenario...Papers, magazines and websites raving about the revo controller and declaring it the new standard, and then gamers, game reviewers, websites, may even begin to resent the old school controllers. Lets just hope it works as fluidly as they claim and that they have the right games on the floor.

i would like to be nuked at e3. (not the terrorist way either.....)

but nintendo has to continue to build the hype. living in australia, its not uncommon to hear 'revolution? whats that?"

would be nice if some media (even just newspapers) knew that nintendo is gonna steal the show, get up to awesome stuff... and in general, build the hype.

maybe it would be possible for nintendo australia officials (or someone who has more pull than the average gamer) could get onto the media?

well i dunno. anyway, i am looking forward to e3, and to a lesser extent the conference thing coming up.

I'm perfectly happy waiting for E3 for everything, as long as everybody knows its going to happen, newspapers/radio/everyone.

Id almost prefer not to see any game footage before e3.

A little bit of new info would work well I think. It would get the gaming community discussing about something new and building the hype a bit more (is that even possible?!).

One thing Nintendo certainly don't want is peoples reactions to e3 being 'Man, that's Class!!! ... But where is the 3D, holographic imaging???'

People's hype is pretty huge at the moment, let's just hope that some aren't disappointed.

I, for one, won't be disappointed. I'm expecting the Revo to be a breath of fresh air for gaming (much needed, I think), stir up people's imagination and be a hotbed for new types of game genres.

I'm not expecting the Revo to change my life or anything ridiculous life that, which, I fear, some people are expecting.

I would love to see some Revolution footage but I don't think it's going to happen... I suppose Nintendo is doing a good thing by keeping stuff hidden, we haven't seen any screens so we don't know what we're missing. Just look at Zelda:TP, we've seen a few trailers for that and now it's delayed everyone is going completely mental with anticipation.

If I saw some Revo screens before E3 I'd be even more mental for the Revo than I am now... I'd never get anything done :indeed:

Megaton = Revolution will launch on November 7 (Yamauchi's birthday).

Maybe:bouncy:

BigTac did not, I repeat, did not just drop a hint.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

All hail BigTac.

In the past havn't "big announcements" been leaked a few days before, in one way or another (actual leaks or controlled leaks).

That's right. These leaks (I'm sure they are of the controlled variety) happen every year right before E3. That way they have a few days to circulate around the internet until every game journalist on the planet is aware of them. It's all about building hype and getting people to want to visit a booth before the event. Much more effective than announcing at the show itself and then relying on word-of-mouth hearsay during E3.

I feel that there might be a leak this year, because last year, I remember the title "Twilight Princess" being leaked a few weeks before E3.