N-Europe

Bonjour!

knightendo

just back from four days in paris, and man was it amazing!! the eiffel tower completely blew me away!! and the arc de triumphe, the egyptian obelisk and the fanatstic egyption artifacts in the louvre etc etc etc... not to mention the hot hot hot french ladies and the greatest virgin megastore lol!

speaking of which, i'm quite jealous that the GC and DS are getting much better treatment there ;) all wall bays for all machines include about six shelves with a HUGE selection of games, at the top of each bay is an LCD monitor of a game from THAT bay too :D all floor bays are about four shelves high too, again with an absolutely massive selection of games on each. the ps2 has five large wall bays, the xbox has two wall bays, the 360 just the one. the pc has the most, with several wall and floor units. the gamecube still has three large wall bays and lots of room for accessories, and the ds has three floor bays, as does the GBA.

i was gobsmacked!!

also, i'll post up some photos once they're developed, of a cool little restaurant you may all wana visit, and a couple of nintendo toys i'm so gonna buy when i go back in a few months lol :D

oops, quick edit: i forgot to mention that i picked up a copy of two magazines while i was there, the first was nintendo le magasin officiel, made by future publishing with the same design as our new one, but it's on issue 48 so obviously future have had the license over there for quite a while. the other was a bi-monthly nintendo ds magasin officiel! already on issure four. yep, they're getting their own bi-monthly chunck of DS goodness from future publishing. looks brilliant too, handheld size and chock full of reviews!! free viewtiful joe cartoon dvd with the big magazine, and stickers and stuff with the ds one.

Holy crepe(Meaning crap in french, or pancake..), i only been to france once but went to calais, i wish i could go to paris...

GC and DS i already thought they were doing well in france because animal crossing was originally gonna launch there than any were else..

Egyptian artefacts in France? I thought it was the British who colonised Egypt. Either way, they should be in Cairo, not London or Paris.

but not everyone can afford to travel that far. ancient history knowledge should be shared, and the artifacts are treated with such care and respected so much (you can see the awe in everyone's faces). it truly made the trip for me :)

Holy crepe(Meaning crap in french, or pancake..), i only been to france once but went to calais, i wish i could go to paris...

GC and DS i already thought they were doing well in france because animal crossing was originally gonna launch there than any were else..

go man go! yes people say it's the romance capital of the world etc etc etc., and yes i'm sure if i went there with a girl it would be, but even as just a sight-seeing trip it is truly awesome! can't wait to go back!

haha I agree with shareing artifacts, and giving them to other countries on loan, for example. I however, don't agree with the British museum having stolen half the world's artefacts from the time of the Empire, and we still haven't given them back.

fair play, people died for those colonies :P why should we give'em it back? :D

seriously though, if they'd gone and grabbed stone henge or whatever, would we get them back?

and alot of the countries... if we'd left the stuff it would be destroyed/in a poor state now.

not that I particularly care either way, I imagine if there was a british artifact in some other country I'd say it should be returned, if the media picked up on it enough.

i'm sure these days there's a mutual understanding between all the governments involved in such things. knowledge of all of our histories belongs to the world. it'd be a very boring place if we didn't share and to find out about the history of our cultures we had to travel around the world. not many of us could afford it for a start. and i for one think the history of egypt is wwwaaayyy more interesting than ours ;)

Yeah I got issue one of that DS mag but havent picked up anymore...cos well its quite pricey! Got a couple of the Nintendo mags too. AS for that Virgin, I loved it, I saw these books that I was dying to buy but my girl wouldnt let me, like only some FIRST EDITIONS OF THE DARK TOWER!! But I dont hold that against her - she just wanted me to have the cash to buy her food and stuff.

So do tell, what and where are the Nintendo toys? Heyhey I might just nip up and buy em before you get over for em... or er, I can buy em for you so that no one else gets em before your return!

I hate the French. I'm not one of these people that just say it, because I was in Paris 3 years ago. The people I met were pretty damn rude.

How ridiculous. I've met some rude English people too, but it doesn't mean everyone in England is rude, or that I hate the English. :indeed:

So do tell, what and where are the Nintendo toys? Heyhey I might just nip up and buy em before you get over for em... or er, I can buy em for you so that no one else gets em before your return!

if you walk past the GCN stuff and turn left, there's an alcove with a display cabinet of all the consoles they sell, and to the left, on top of some Buzz boxes there was sat Yoshi and Mario :D wish i was going back sooner, the yoshi one is quite big and would rock sitting in my living room lol :D